Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 233 of 234 FirstFirst ... 133183223231232233234 LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,330 of 2340
    Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    @markbrauer

Have you tapped through on the Touch screen to the info page when you have the connection established?

Have you tried to play some music at the same time?

Is the volume set to 100%?

have you connected the Burson usb to a computer and checked it is still working ok?

Forget the SSH suggestion, it was just a left field idea.

Ronnie

After my last post I kept trying every sort or install, deinstall, reinstall etc that I could think of. Also tried them in various orders. All this in hopes of finding that magic sequence that fixed it in the past. I got so burned out I had to take a week off.

I have now decided to pursue a new goal... See *below*.

First, thanks to everyone for the interest in my problem.

Second, to address Ronnie's suggestions:

-The info page shows all the usual stuff. It appears that LMS is sending music.

-Music does not play at all, so no, not playing at same time as viewing info screen.

-Have tried both setting the volume at 100% and fixed volume.

-The Burson does function properly when connected to other devices.

*Below*.

I have relegated myself to abandoning USB and accepting coax and/or Toslink output.

My new goal is to get the Touch back to it's stock condition.

The thing is, ever since installing LMS 7.9 the Touch produces NO SOUND ON ANY OUTPUTS unless the EDO plugin is installed.

With EDO installed I get sound from analog, coax, and Toslink. Take EDO out and I get no sound at all. Reinstall firmware and still no sound.

The same is true after reverting to 7.7.5.

I am thinking at this point of selling the Touch and I would not feel right selling it when it is not fully functional. Having EDO installed as a "fix" is not an option. If the future owner ever updated the firmware the Touch would appear to be "bricked".

There must be some way to fully reset the Touch to its condition the day I bought it in 2011. Isn't this the case?

To reiterate the symptoms, after removing EDO and reinstalling the firmware (7.7.5 or 7.9) with no EDO:

The interface comes up as normal.

Selecting a track opens the now playing screen.

For about a second everything looks normal. Then the playing time readouts disappear and the position indicator stays at zero. There is no sound. The play/stop button does not function. The next and previous buttons do function. Selecting next moves to the next track, and it comes up, but with no playing time readouts and the position indicator stuck at zero. There is no sound. Select the top of the screen and the information displays work normally. The back button works normally. Selecting another track works but still the same results.

When I go to the PC running LMS and bring up the web controller everything looks normal. The progress indicator is moving and time readouts are correct. LMS obviously thinks that it is streaming to the Touch. The only indication that something is wrong is that it keeps streaming the same track over and over - and repeat is not selected either on the Touch or the web controller. And of course, there is no sound coming from the Touch.

There must be some way to fix this!

Quote Originally Posted by markbrauer View Post
    After my last post I kept trying every sort or install, deinstall, reinstall etc that I could think of. Also tried them in various orders. All this in hopes of finding that magic sequence that fixed it in the past. I got so burned out I had to take a week off.

I have now decided to pursue a new goal... See *below*.

First, thanks to everyone for the interest in my problem.

Second, to address Ronnie's suggestions:

-The info page shows all the usual stuff. It appears that LMS is sending music.

-Music does not play at all, so no, not playing at same time as viewing info screen.

-Have tried both setting the volume at 100% and fixed volume.

-The Burson does function properly when connected to other devices.

*Below*.

I have relegated myself to abandoning USB and accepting coax and/or Toslink output.

My new goal is to get the Touch back to it's stock condition.

The thing is, ever since installing LMS 7.9 the Touch produces NO SOUND ON ANY OUTPUTS unless the EDO plugin is installed.

With EDO installed I get sound from analog, coax, and Toslink. Take EDO out and I get no sound at all. Reinstall firmware and still no sound.

The same is true after reverting to 7.7.5.

I am thinking at this point of selling the Touch and I would not feel right selling it when it is not fully functional. Having EDO installed as a "fix" is not an option. If the future owner ever updated the firmware the Touch would appear to be "bricked".

There must be some way to fully reset the Touch to its condition the day I bought it in 2011. Isn't this the case?

To reiterate the symptoms, after removing EDO and reinstalling the firmware (7.7.5 or 7.9) with no EDO:

The interface comes up as normal.

Selecting a track opens the now playing screen.

For about a second everything looks normal. Then the playing time readouts disappear and the position indicator stays at zero. There is no sound. The play/stop button does not function. The next and previous buttons do function. Selecting next moves to the next track, and it comes up, but with no playing time readouts and the position indicator stuck at zero. There is no sound. Select the top of the screen and the information displays work normally. The back button works normally. Selecting another track works but still the same results.

When I go to the PC running LMS and bring up the web controller everything looks normal. The progress indicator is moving and time readouts are correct. LMS obviously thinks that it is streaming to the Touch. The only indication that something is wrong is that it keeps streaming the same track over and over - and repeat is not selected either on the Touch or the web controller. And of course, there is no sound coming from the Touch.

There must be some way to fix this!
    You could try this.

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...actory-default

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    You could try this.

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...actory-default

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    That is exactly where I started, back in post #2300 on page 230.

Sadly, it does not reset everything. Something from EDO is left behind and keeps the Touch from operating properly.

Quote Originally Posted by markbrauer View Post
    That is exactly where I started, back in post #2300 on page 230.

Sadly, it does not reset everything. Something from EDO is left behind and keeps the Touch from operating properly.

I have had a bit of a search and found this

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...l=1#post659604

I have just done it on a Radio (I don't have a touch here) and it updated from MySqueezebox.com, see post #9.

There is also other stuff regarding the fab4 reset but that might be a bit too risky.

Ronnie

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    I have had a bit of a search and found this

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...l=1#post659604

I have just done it on a Radio (I don't have a touch here) and it updated from MySqueezebox.com, see post #9.

There is also other stuff regarding the fab4 reset but that might be a bit too risky.

Ronnie
    Thanks Ronnie,

This looks most promising.

I am going to have to study all the info in detail and see what might apply, and be possible to do from the Touch interface. If it really requires "SSHing" into the Touch I will be lost as I have no Unix/Linux skills. But if it comes to that I do have a friend who is kind of a guru.

CM6631A Chip Conflicts with EDO

I have never been able to get my Border Patrol DAC to work with EDO and I think the reason is the chip set it uses. (I think this also affected the Schiit DACs as well.) I know others have mentioned this - was there a patch / workaround found for the CM6631A? I tried to Google and also search this site but no luck with the search function.

Simple answer is there is only one EDO plugin. If your DAC doesn't work and still doesn't work with the "USB hub" hack then it's unlikely to ever work. The developers orphaned it a long time ago.

Transcoded from Matt's brain by Tapatalk
    --
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0
    Music: ~1300 CDs, as 450 GB of 16/44k FLACs. No less than 3x 24/44k albums..

CM6631A Chip Conflicts with EDO

Quote Originally Posted by drmatt View Post
    Simple answer is there is only one EDO plugin. If your DAC doesn't work and still doesn't work with the "USB hub" hack then it's unlikely to ever work. The developers orphaned it a long time ago.

Transcoded from Matt's brain by Tapatalk
    Maybe, maybe not depending on what others here who have direct experience with the chip set and EDO were able to figure out. That's why I've asked the question -

Quote Originally Posted by gareneau View Post
    I have never been able to get my Border Patrol DAC to work with EDO and I think the reason is the chip set it uses. (I think this also affected the Schiit DACs as well.) I know others have mentioned this - was there a patch / workaround found for the CM6631A? I tried to Google and also search this site but no luck with the search function.
    http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...l=1#post754787

Thanks, bpa, this is exactly what I was looking for. But I don't know where to find the patch as mentioned below by dgently; I'll see if I can reach out to him.

Hi,

I just installed a custom compiled firmware with the EDO fulldiff.patch and a patch to fix cmedia cm6631 familly chips(I have a Asus Xonar One, but should fix for other dacs with this chipset like the Schiit), as well as VIA VT1731 chipset (no I dea what uses them).
    Anyways, if you would like to try it, just ask.

Greetings