Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 232 of 234 FirstFirst ... 132182222230231232233234 LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,320 of 2340
    Quote Originally Posted by markbrauer View Post
    So, I still think that somewhere in the process of firmware and EDO installs, uninstalls, and reinstalls, the "bit" that controls the 5 volt power on was switched to "off". If this is the case, a powered hub would likely "fix" the problem.
    You could prove this with a voltmeter or even just a hub.. (powered or otherwise). If a hub works at all, there's power on the bus.

The trick is to remember the sequence of things you tried that resulted in the thing you did that fixed it... (The devil is in the *metadata*..)

Can't you just switch to the optical or coax out in the meantime?

Transcoded from Matt's brain by Tapatalk
    --
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0
    Music: ~1300 CDs, as 450 GB of 16/44k FLACs. No less than 3x 24/44k albums..

I searched for "Spotty Client ID" as you suggested. I found nothing pertinent to the playlist folder structure. Are you saying that Spotty does support multi-level folders? If so, could you be more specific.

Start here and read for a few pages,

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...l=1#post888160

I think Michael has made an alteration to the procedure, in that one only has to enter the Client ID into the box provides in the Settings page.

So, I still think that somewhere in the process of firmware and EDO installs, uninstalls, and reinstalls, the "bit" that controls the 5 volt power on was switched to "off". If this is the case, a powered hub would likely "fix" the problem.

I don't know if this would work or is even possible, so you decide.

SSH into the Touch and on the command line type

lsusb

and see what the output is.

You could try this without the Burson and with the Burson (connected and powered on) EDO installed of course.

Ronnie
    Last edited by Man in a van; 2017-08-06 at 13:09.

@markbrauer

Or try something like a dual usb cable

Name:  a dual usb cable.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  17.0 KB

Plug the red power end into the phone charger, the black end (which would be the data) into the SBTouch and use a normal cable to connect the female socket to the Burson.

Ronnie

Quote Originally Posted by drmatt View Post
    You could prove this with a voltmeter or even just a hub.. (powered or otherwise). If a hub works at all, there's power on the bus.

The trick is to remember the sequence of things you tried that resulted in the thing you did that fixed it... (The devil is in the *metadata*..)

Can't you just switch to the optical or coax out in the meantime?

drmatt

Thanks Matt. You gave me an idea. I brought up the Select Digital Output screen with the USB cable disconnected. The option to use the USB output does not appear. Then I reconnected the cable and the option reappears. This indicates to me that the Touch "sees" the DAC, so there is some communication happening. The Question is, does the DAC see the Touch?

No tricks here. Even at the time of the "magic" fix my mind was so fried that I couldn't put my finger on what exactly had worked. Over a year later, no chance of coming up with it.

The voltmeter is a good idea. Mine quit a while back, but this is a good excuse to by another.

If the problem really is the 5 volt circuit, Ronnie's suggestion of the "Y" USB setup looks promising. But it does require adding another power source to the mix, something I'd like to avoid in the long term.

I have been using the coax and Toslink outputs. And the 7.7.5 server is stable, so I am not musicless. But the USB does sound better and I miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    Start here and read for a few pages,

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...l=1#post888160

I think Michael has made an alteration to the procedure, in that one only has to enter the Client ID into the box provides in the Settings page.

Ronnie

Ronnie
    I think you misunderstand. My issue is not with the number of items displayed, but rather with the fact that the Spotify hierarchical folder structure is not supported. I have multiple levels of folders, folders containing folders. Only at the bottom level do the folders contain actual playlists. At any time there are never more than 100 items to display, most often less than 25. Most of the playlists are albums, 10 to 15 tracks, so not a problem there either. My biggest playlist is a multi-album Beethoven Piano Sonatas set with just over 100 tracks.

The Spotify desktop app supports folders. The Spotify Android app supports folders. The Triode Spotify plugin supported folders. The Spotify web player DOES NOT support folders, and most Spotify implementations on other platforms do not either, because they use the same interface as the Web Player. The interface used by the Triode plugin is the one that has been discontinued. Michael had to build Spotty to use the new interface, which evidently does not support folders.

The problem for me is all my playlists are now displayed in one big disorganized list. Even if I could up the limit of playlists to show them all, it is impossible to find anything, especially when I con see only a few at a time on the small Touch screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    I don't know if this would work or is even possible, so you decide.

SSH into the Touch and on the command line type

lsusb

and see what the output is.

You could try this without the Burson and with the Burson (connected and powered on) EDO installed of course.

Ronnie

Ronnie,
    Now you've lost me.

I don't know what SSH is, nor would I have a clue how to SSH into the Touch.

I do believe I could type "lsusb" once I got there though.

Understanding any output is likely beyond me also.

This does sound like Linix/Unix stuff and I do have a friend who is an expert in such things. I might ask for his assistance.

drmatt

Thanks Matt. You gave me an idea. I brought up the Select Digital Output screen with the USB cable disconnected. The option to use the USB output does not appear. Then I reconnected the cable and the option reappears. This indicates to me that the Touch "sees" the DAC, so there is some communication happening. The Question is, does the DAC see the Touch?

(....)
    If the problem really is the 5 volt circuit, Ronnie's suggestion of the "Y" USB setup looks promising. But it does require adding another power source to the mix, something I'd like to avoid in the long term.

I have been using the coax and Toslink outputs. And the 7.7.5 server is stable, so I am not musicless. But the USB does sound better and I miss it.
    USB is a complex protocol, so if the touch "sees" the DAC, then the DAC *definitely* "sees" the touch. The question then most likely is about whether the touch sends the DAC a data format that it understands and can play. EDO can send up to 192k/24b data.

Ignore the 5V thing, it's nothing to do with that. If USB works at all then there's 5V on the wire.

--
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0

The problem for me is all my playlists are now displayed in one big disorganized list. Even if I could up the limit of playlists to show them all, it is impossible to find anything, especially when I con see only a few at a time on the small Touch screen.
    I think the prospect of controlling the touch from its own screen is pretty scary for anyone, and is why god invented android tablets.

--

@markbrauer

Have you tapped through on the Touch screen to the info page when you have the connection established?

Have you tried to play some music at the same time?

Is the volume set to 100%?

have you connected the Burson usb to a computer and checked it is still working ok?

Forget the SSH suggestion, it was just a left field idea.

Ronnie

Quote Originally Posted by drmatt View Post
    I think the prospect of controlling the touch from its own screen is pretty scary for anyone, and is why god invented android tablets.

You would be surprised.....
    LMS 7.9.1 on VortexBox Midi box, Xubuntu 17.04, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. Touch & EDO. 2nd Touch standard.
    LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (to A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
    Alternatively Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
    Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
    Wireless Xubuntu 17.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.