Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 227 of 237 FirstFirst ... 127177217225226227228229 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,270 of 2367
    Quote Originally Posted by gellie View Post
    I read that leaving it on standby( just the clock screen saver) causes premature death of the display ?
    Could be I suppose. I think this touch is 7 years old (bought when first released). Display is perfect so far. Booms I have are showing more issues. I keep them and transporter screens off using blanksaver plugin.
    Home: VortexBox 4TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Office: Win8(64) > LMS 7.9.1 > Squeezelite
    Spares: Transporter, Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Like all backlights they will die eventually, but well, the thing has to serve a useful function during its lifetime so....

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk
    --
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0
    Music: ~1300 CDs, as 450 GB of 16/44k FLACs. No less than 3x 24/44k albums..

Gustard U12

Anyone knows if the Gustard U12 interface is compatible utilizing the Gustard USB in?
    It's not on compatibility list, only the X-12 which I believe has a different XMOS chip.

Quote Originally Posted by speedycat View Post
    Anyone knows if the Gustard U12 interface is compatible utilizing the Gustard USB in?
    It's not on compatibility list, only the X-12 which I believe has a different XMOS chip.
    Yes. I am listening to Touch into Gustard U12 as I write this.

If you are getting the Gustard intending to use the I2s out, be aware that Gustard uses their own standard that is only compatible with their own DAC's. Not an issue for me, as I use the RCA Coax out.

New Problem with touch? Its seems that every time I turn on my touch, it forgets the last input i selected to use. IE last used digital EDP to my Oppo via USB. When i put it on this morning I had to reselect under advanced-select digital-oppo dac, and the touch rebooted. is there something wrong with my settings? Thx
    Ok i'm still having the same problem despite leaving the touch in "standby/sleep". I have to select digital output, then it reboots, the i reselect digital -> Oppo, another reboot and it works. This never happened to me before.

Quote Originally Posted by riffer View Post
    Yes. I am listening to Touch into Gustard U12 as I write this.

If you are getting the Gustard intending to use the I2s out, be aware that Gustard uses their own standard that is only compatible with their own DAC's. Not an issue for me, as I use the RCA Coax out.
    riffer, thanks for the quick and positive response.
    I'm not going to use the I2S out since I have the excellent Amanero Combo board for that. I plan to use the AES out to feed my totaldac.
    Last edited by speedycat; 2016-12-05 at 10:16.

Ok i'm still having the same problem despite leaving the touch in "standby/sleep". I have to select digital output, then it reboots, the i reselect digital -> Oppo, another reboot and it works. This never happened to me before.

Is the Oppo switched on before the Touch?(does it utilise any power saving?).

Next time it does not work, either,

re-plug the usb cable at whichever is the easiest end to access

or

hard reset the Touch, just pull the plug.

Find out (if you can) how much power the Oppo gives to the usb, it might need more.

As before, do a complete uninstall of EDO from the Touch and start again

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...actory-default

/try a hub.

Use the spdif co-ax or optical connection (within EDO) into the Oppo and see if there is the same behaviour.

NO more ideas, good luck

I have a Mytek 192 DSD preamp/DAC and so far it works perfectly in any SPDIF mode up to 96khz (as long as it's configured to sync to incoming clock. more on this later), but I get pops and clicks in USB 1 mode via EDO. It doesn't work at all on its USB 2 port, with or without a USB hub. In USB 1 mode it'll also only go up to 96Khz. I guess that's normal.

Anyone else tried this combo with any greater success via USB?

As for the sync issues, this DAC is pretty unique that it gives you a ton of choices about where it gets its clocks from; so I can select an internal clock, use the incoming clock signal from SPDIF/USB, or use an external word clock. Using SPDIF I had no issues with it syncing to the SBT clock output, but neither using internal clock, nor using adaptive mode in USB1 seems to be able to avoid pops and clicks. (I don't have a word clock source.)

Quote Originally Posted by drmatt View Post
    I have a Mytek 192 DSD preamp/DAC and so far it works perfectly in any SPDIF mode up to 96khz (as long as it's configured to sync to incoming clock. more on this later), but I get pops and clicks in USB 1 mode via EDO. It doesn't work at all on its USB 2 port, with or without a USB hub. In USB 1 mode it'll also only go up to 96Khz. I guess that's normal.

Anyone else tried this combo with any greater success via USB?

As for the sync issues, this DAC is pretty unique that it gives you a ton of choices about where it gets its clocks from; so I can select an internal clock, use the incoming clock signal from SPDIF/USB, or use an external word clock. Using SPDIF I had no issues with it syncing to the SBT clock output, but neither using internal clock, nor using adaptive mode in USB1 seems to be able to avoid pops and clicks. (I don't have a word clock source.)
    As a refresher I suggest a read of the first post by Triode of this thread.

There may be something to be gleaned.

Ronnie.

Also, if you update EDO to v9, Ralphy has made available some of the alternative kernels which you may wish to try.

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    As a refresher I suggest a read of the first post by Triode of this thread.

There may be something to be gleaned.

Ronnie.

Also, if you update EDO to v9, Ralphy has made available some of the alternative kernels which you may wish to try.
    Currently running "Linux SqueezeboxTouch 2.6.26.8-rt16-332-g5849bfa #1[usb] PREEMPT RT Sun Apr 1 23:12:00 BST 2012 armv6l GNU/Linux".

In USB 1.1 mode it shows up fine:

ALSA device list:
    #0: MXC Freescale with SPDIF
    #1: MYTEK DIGITAL STEREO192-DSD DAC at usb-fsl-ehci.0-1.4, full speed
    #2: fab4 (ak4420)
    #3: fab4 (wm8974)

.. and I've added a USB2 hub as well.

but when connected via USB 2 (whether via hub or otherwise), it appears in dmesg and gets assigned a USB device but doesn't show up in the menus as selectable:

usb 1-1.4: new high speed USB device using fsl-ehci and address 4
    usb 1-1.4: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice

# cat manufacturer product
    Mytek Digital
    STEREO192-DSD DAC
    # pwd
    /sys/class/usb_device/usbdev1.4/device

Where are the EDO updates coming from?
    Last edited by drmatt; 2016-12-06 at 08:24.