Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 184 of 237 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184185186194234 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 2365
    Quote Originally Posted by glrtrgi View Post
    I'm not sure I follow. Doesn't the Schiit Gungnir work with the SBT via the EDO applet?

Gregg
    On the first page of the EDO compatibility list, apparently some one did get it to work.

does the Dac show on the Touch when you go to Settings>Advanced Settings>choose Digital Output ( I don't have a Touch in front of me at the moment)

Ronnie

Connection issues to new DAC

Yes, when I choose Digital Output only setting it shows that a USB 2.0 device is available.

Gregg

Connection issues to new DAC

Also, the designer of the DAC does not know whether it will work with the Linus OS.

Hi!

In my opinion you should check the USB receiver chip model (like Tenor TE7022 or similar) and it could be that you need a custom kernel for the EDO then.

best regards,

Armin

Quote Originally Posted by Mnyb View Post
    Cool , I introduce my test file and reset my pref for aiff and try again ..
    OK it works ,but if you really want to send AIFF directly to the player ,disable flac (and possibly mp3 ) for aiff in advanced settings . LMS will opt to send vaw or aiff as flac to save bandwith if its allowed to.
    A good thing in my pow , but probably the reason why such issues get unnoticed . You stumble on it if your server has so little cpu that it cant transcode (this issue is quietly going away with moores law ) , or you use "weird" file type settings :P

But now it actually works ,nice .

Note latest 7.9 with a version of audioscan >0.94 Ie made in the last 2 weeks , what a timing coincident someone rises the question again and it suddenly fixed quietly in the background

Another long standing semi issue Touch does not handle all alac files really well natively 24/96 etc (not high priority LMS so elegantly transcodes stuff ..) but i think this one is in the player fw ... ?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Also, the designer of the DAC does not know whether it will work with the Linus OS.

I'm working from memory here, so forgive me if I am wrong.

1. I think Triode recommended only a non-powered hub to be used e.g.

http://www.misco.co.uk/productinfo/p...ctCode=Q439498

Hub into Touch, Dac into hub.

2. Settings>Advanced>Digital Output, shows a list, scroll down to Async (I think) and enable, it should reboot. Then reselect your Digital output.

3. When you say you have two choices from the Digital Output, were they 'Digital only' and 'Digital + analogue'? Normally the DAC name is given. 'Digital only', will give the EDO benefits to your Dac vie the Toslink and/or Co-ax outputs from the Touch (e.g. hi-res file playback).

4. If I remember correctly, (if your Dac is recognised by the Touch) when you power down the Touch, disconnect the Dac, pull the plug on the Touch, wait a short while and then plug in only the Touch.

You should get a message on the screen saying 'Dac not connected', then plug in your Dac. If you don't get the message then the Touch will default to the two options mentioned previously.

I would try #2 first and then #4 and the others afterwards.

Hope this helps, it is all about the USB chip in the Dac.

atb

Ronnie.

help for USB output to Yellowtec PUC2 Lite

Hello Triode, I can't get the Yellowtec PUC2 Lite (USB-AES/EBU converter) to work with USB EDO.

The Touch can see the device as an available DAC, but the sample rate shown on my DAC stays frozen on 48khz and I can't play any songs. The Touch also infinitely reboots when trying to power things on/off in different orders.

I tried some of the experimental kernels but most aren't available for download anymore and the later ones seem specific to devices with the Tenor chip.

If this helps, this device has custom "bulk mode" windows and mac drivers, and some technical inspection of the device from the web infers that this a Ploytec based design using Atmel processors.
    Some small hope for a solution includes: some report of the unit working with Vortexbox, and that it works on Mac without drivers, and that it's UAC2 compliant.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    I'm working from memory here, so forgive me if I am wrong.

1. I think Triode recommended only a non-powered hub to be used e.g.

http://www.misco.co.uk/productinfo/p...ctCode=Q439498

Hub into Touch, Dac into hub.

2. Settings>Advanced>Digital Output, shows a list, scroll down to Async (I think) and enable, it should reboot. Then reselect your Digital output.

3. When you say you have two choices from the Digital Output, were they 'Digital only' and 'Digital + analogue'? Normally the DAC name is given. 'Digital only', will give the EDO benefits to your Dac vie the Toslink and/or Co-ax outputs from the Touch (e.g. hi-res file playback).

4. If I remember correctly, (if your Dac is recognised by the Touch) when you power down the Touch, disconnect the Dac, pull the plug on the Touch, wait a short while and then plug in only the Touch.

You should get a message on the screen saying 'Dac not connected', then plug in your Dac. If you don't get the message then the Touch will default to the two options mentioned previously.

I would try #2 first and then #4 and the others afterwards.

Hope this helps, it is all about the USB chip in the Dac.

atb

Ronnie.

Thanks Ronnie. I will get back into this when I get back from the holiday here in the States. Next week.

Regards,

Gregg

Thanks Ronnie. I will get back into this when I get back from the holiday here in the States. Next week.

Regards,

Gregg
    ! that'll be the holiday celebrating, stealing our Colonies will it?

Enjoy

atb

Ronnie

I regularly installed the plugin and if I read the file from your computer via wifi, files to 192 khz regularly transmits them to the converter
    Unfortunately, in some cases with small breaks
    Then I thought about using a memory stick to upload files
    Having said that, everything is going well, but the surprise is done at the time of reading the file that starts regularly but the converter goes into automatic as if it receives a file to 44 khz
    Without the plugin if you try to read it says that the sample rate is not supported, then do not read it. As part pugin installed but as I said at 44 khz converter.
    Can anyone help me?