Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 134 of 234 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144184 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 2340

North Star Essensio Plus

I have read the informative tread, but do still have problems connecting my North Star DAC via EDO - USB; it appears to demand properitary drivers. Any suggestions?

Bw Thorsten, Denmark

Quote Originally Posted by Thsl View Post
    I have read the informative tread, but do still have problems connecting my North Star DAC via EDO - USB; it appears to demand properitary drivers. Any suggestions?

Bw Thorsten, Denmark
    Use the SPDIF
    Chris :)

USB to North Star

Yes - but to avoid jitter I would like to use asynchronus USB?!

Do you realize that you are more likely to be struck by lightening today than to possibly hear any effect of jitter in any normal, modern DAC.
    Home: VortexBox 4TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Office: Win8(64) > LMS 7.9.1 > Squeezelite
    Spares: Transporter, Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

USB North Star

Then I will be more carefull in future thundetstorms ;o)

I do eg. hear a remarkable difference when I use a musical Fidelity v- link with a seperate power supply for my Lyngdorf TDAI 2200.

So I still would like if anyone cold answer the question how to connect SB to North Star DAC via USB?

/T

..... North Star DAC via EDO - USB; it appears to demand properitary drivers. Any suggestions?
    I assume you mean the North Star requires proprietary drivers? If so, your issue and answer lies with North Star.

Then I will be more carefull in future thundetstorms ;o)

I do eg. hear a remarkable difference when I use a musical Fidelity v- link with a seperate power supply for my Lyngdorf TDAI 2200.

So I still would like if anyone cold answer the question how to connect SB to North Star DAC via USB?

/T
    Power supplies can indeed cause differences, and a badly behaving one can inject all sorts of noise in the system. This is very different from audible jitter effects of course.
    Home: VortexBox 4TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Office: Win8(64) > LMS 7.9.1 > Squeezelite
    Spares: Transporter, Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Get a M2Tech HiFace2 and use that then - the HiFace2 connection is asynchronous.
    Then connect from the HiFace2 to the Northstar DAC via SPDIF.
    The HiFace2 works beautifully via the USB on the Touch.

I will add that I've connected my DAC (M2Tech Evo DAC) via both the standard Touch SPDIF and the SPDIF on a HiFace2, and I cannot hear any difference in sound quality.
    My conclusion?
    Asynchronous USB connection makes no difference
    Chris :)

SBT with EDO into Oppo 105 USB-DAC

Quote Originally Posted by gellie View Post
    Can someone explain to me how the components are connected for this use? Oppo into AVR (via RCA), SQT into Oppo( via USB? Coax)?
    Hi gellie, my Oppo went into a stereo-amp via XLR. The SBT went into the Oppo via USB. Coax is also possible but when I remember right the digital inputs from the Oppo "only" accept up to 96kHz, so for the digi inputs you don`t need the EDO app.

Thanks Holzohr. I'm not familiar with XLR cables. Why use them? Is this just for audio?