Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 13 of 237 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JIJ3 View Post
    I use the I2S signals going into the Touch DAC to feed my custom outboard DAC.

Do you know whether your mod allows the 192K bit rate to appear as I2S signals here (or anywhere else) in the Touch??
    Don't think it will do anything for the analog and therefore the i2s signals. I did try that in kernel#5 on the experiment thread but it did not work - don't think the divider I changed did anything, but as you have acces to the i2s lines you may want to tell me what frequencies you see with that. http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...l=1#post696686

incorrect network settings after enabling this

Excellent news, thanks Triode.
    Question: Is the install of the new kernel meant to revert network settings? Mine have and I'm in a pickle now.

I'm outputting Touch via coax to a Bryston BDA-1. I don't use the touchscreen, insteead the controller from the Duet which sits in another room. The touch uses cat5 to connect to the router that then connects to the server. The controller uses wireless connection to the router. All good until now.
    Did the installation of this enhancement, the touch rebooted as expected, started playing a Hi res flac file, stutter and drop-out.
    Checked, and seems like is using the wireless network from the controller instead of the wired one.
    On the touch I've gone to settings > advanced > networking > choose network > connect to ethernet network. Shows the spinning wheel, then says connected to Ethernet. However there are no lights on the ethernet connection.
    How can I enforce the change of connection please? Dropouts occur due to it.
    I've reset the controller. I've also rebooted the touch a couple of times.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by cookiemonster View Post
    Question: Is the install of the new kernel meant to revert network settings? Mine have and I'm in a pickle now.
    Nope - doesn't touch the network settings.

ok, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by cookiemonster View Post

I'm outputting Touch via coax to a Bryston BDA-1. I don't use the touchscreen, insteead the controller from the Duet which sits in another room. The touch uses cat5 to connect to the router that then connects to the server. The controller uses wireless connection to the router. All good until now.
    Did the installation of this enhancement, the touch rebooted as expected, started playing a Hi res flac file, stutter and drop-out.
    Checked, and seems like is using the wireless network from the controller instead of the wired one.
    On the touch I've gone to settings > advanced > networking > choose network > connect to ethernet network. Shows the spinning wheel, then says connected to Ethernet. However there are no lights on the ethernet connection.
    How can I enforce the change of connection please? Dropouts occur due to it.
    I've reset the controller. I've also rebooted the touch a couple of times.
    Thanks.
    The Bryston isn't asynchronous and the USB on the Bryston is the worst sounding of all the inputs and not 192

Quote Originally Posted by Triode View Post
    If you are connected via the server then enable plugin.extension debugging on the server - what do you see anything in the server log when you try to browse the 3rd party apps on the player?
    Thanks - I finally got it working by performing a factory reset on the Touch. Then I had to deal with other, non-Touch related issues before I could get the app installed.

Working great now sending 24/176.4 and 24/192 to my PS Audio Digitial Link III via S/PDIF.

Thanks for the fantastic app!!!

Martin

Thanks a lot!

The app works like a charm, and without the need to remove TT3.0, too (so it seems). Now happily streaming 176 and 192 via coaxial into my Esoteric K-03. Have not tried USB yet, since I often have to switch the Esoteric back into CD player mode and from what I read here, the SBT will no longer see the Esoteric when I switch it back into DAC mode, right?

Quote Originally Posted by SBGK View Post
    hi,

have changed the cpuIdleFullspeed=true to false as it was giving an enhanced and unnatural high frequency sound, think this was caused by jitter produced by the cpu running
    flat out. Sound is now a lot better balanced and bass has returned as well.
    Are you talking about the Digital Output > Kernel Idle Option (Experimental) > Avoid using low power during playback ?
    If so, what is its default setting and what setting are you suggesting?

192khz dropouts on coax spdif update

Updating the previously reported issue of intermittent dropouts of 192khz material to Rega DAC over coax spdif.

Still occurring intermittently, can't find a pattern. Seems to occur when playing lower sampling rate material for a while then playing 192khz. Doesn't occur immediately only after a couple of minutes. Then a quick drop of lock to DAC with a corresponding drop of audio. Then audio is back and plays for 5-40 secs then drops again. Sometimes it clears up, sometimes I have to stop playback and start again to fix it.

No errors echoed to dmesg.

Just like to say a huge thanks again for this as its opened up my listening experience. Now I can listen to my 192k DVD-A files through the SBT and im preparing to get some of those HDtracks titles ive noticed but havent been able to play. So happy.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by HumanMedia View Post
    Updating the previously reported issue of intermittent dropouts of 192khz material to Rega DAC over coax spdif.

Still occurring intermittently, can't find a pattern. Seems to occur when playing lower sampling rate material for a while then playing 192khz. Doesn't occur immediately only after a couple of minutes. Then a quick drop of lock to DAC with a corresponding drop of audio. Then audio is back and plays for 5-40 secs then drops again. Sometimes it clears up, sometimes I have to stop playback and start again to fix it.

No errors echoed to dmesg.

Just like to say a huge thanks again for this as its opened up my listening experience. Now I can listen to my 192k DVD-A files through the SBT and im preparing to get some of those HDtracks titles ive noticed but havent been able to play. So happy.
    have you been adjusting priorities ? maybe one of them is not optimal.

if you have dbpoweramp you can convert the 192 flac to uncompressed flac ie PCM with a flac wrapper, this would take the native flac decompression factor out of the equation for you.