Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 111 of 237 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 2367
    Quote Originally Posted by guidof View Post
    DSPeaker folks just confirmed that 24/96 over USB is "still on the table" and thus may be a part of a future firmware update.

Guido F.
    Dspeaker confirms again the Dec 2 version is a beta version so far and recommends to use back to Oct 4 version...

Download "Dec 2 2012" Beta

Known Issues:
    - USB with channel delays causes problems
    - Adjusting Bass with QuickTone also sets Treble to -1.

Firstly I just rejoined squeeze brigade after a 2 years hiatus by buying back a last of breed brand new Touch. First thing I did is tried out this fantastic upgrade and it worked the first time, amazing!

I do have one question about sharing my dCS USB input between the Touch and a Mac Mini. Is there a sort of switch that can switch between the 2 devices without too much compromise to the sound!

I plan to use the mini for DSD playback and the Touch for the rest

Thx
    Main System:
    Source: Mac-Mini/Pure Music/dCS Debussy
    Amplification: Vitus Audio SS-010
    Speakers: Living Voice OBX-R2
    Bedroom System: Airport Express + Meridian AD88

Missing my Transporter

Nad m51

New firmware 1.41 is out for the NAD M51.
    Anyone tested it yet with USB and EDO?

Edit: Finally got around to try it myself. No difference to EDO - M51 connection over USB ie still doesn't work.
    Last edited by HumanMedia; 2012-12-09 at 01:36.

Hello, does it works with Calyx DAC using XMOS and ESS Sabre 9018 ? Thanks

I just want to shout out that this Enhanced Digital Output App works like a charm with my dCS Debussy. I bought a brand new Touch and the first thing I did after opening the package is to install this app, and it one of those rare moment when something worked the first time, right out of the box.

I not a good critical listening, to me the sound quality is at least right up there with my MacMini+Pure Music solution, if not better.

A warm thank you to the nice person(s) who contributed to this great service to the SB community.
    Main System:
    Source: Mac-Mini/Pure Music/dCS Debussy
    Amplification: Vitus Audio SS-010
    Speakers: Living Voice OBX-R2
    Bedroom System: Airport Express + Meridian AD88

Missing my Transporter

Hello

I bought an Emotiva XDA-2 Dac/Preamp.
    Did anybody now if there is any chance to let it work with USB?

Thanks

I have purchased the Schiit Modi DAC.....specs are as follows:

C-Media CM6631 USB 2.0 asynchronous input receiver and 24-bit AKM4396 DAC.

http://schiit.com/cart/index.php?mai...products_id=14

I will update the list once I test and ensure it is working. If anyone else has any experience with other Schiit DAC's please let me know.

Thanks!
    Last edited by dustinsterk; 2012-12-13 at 19:08.

I am running LMS in command window. Iam seeing the following errors in the window. Have already set all error logging to off. Any idea why this error is thrown?

; fh=Slim::Web::HTTP::ClientConn=GLOB(0x1597fef4)
    [12-12-13 17:36:32.9828] Slim::Networking::IO::Select::__ANON__ (147) Error: Sel
    ect task failed calling Slim::Web::HTTP::sendStreamingResponse: illegal file des
    criptor or filehandle (either no attached file descriptor or illegal value): at
    /<C:\Program Files\Squeezebox\server\SqueezeSvr.exe>Slim/Networking/IO/Select.p
    m line 150.
    [12-12-13 17:36:32.9856] Slim::Networking::IO::Select::__ANON__ (147) Error: Sel
    ect task failed calling Slim::Web::HTTP::sendStreamingResponse: illegal file des
    m line 150.
    [12-12-13 17:36:32.9884] Slim::Networking::IO::Select::__ANON__ (147) Error: Sel
    m line 150.
    [12-12-13 17:36:32.9911] Slim::Networking::IO::Select::__ANON__ (147) Error: Sel
    m line 150.
    [12-12-13 17:36:32.9942] Slim::Networking::IO::Select::__ANON__ (147) Error: Sel
    m line 150.
    [12-12-13 17:36:32.9971] Slim::Networking::IO::Select::__ANON__ (147) Error: Sel
    m line 150.
    [12-12-13 17:36:32.9999] Slim::Networking::IO::Select::__ANON__ (147) Error: Sel
    m line 150.
    [12-12-13 17:36:33.0027] Slim::Networking::IO::Select::__ANON__ (147) Error: Sel

Quote Originally Posted by lake_eleven View Post
    I am running LMS in command window. Iam seeing the following errors in the window. Have already set all error logging to off. Any idea why this error is thrown?
    [12-12-13 17:36:32.9999] Slim::Networking::IO::Select::__ANON__ (147) Error: Sel
    m line 150.
    Thats an LMS error - nothing to do with EDO which runs on the touch. Its difficult to say what it is without more context.

Audio-gd NFB-1.32 doesn't work in asynchronous mode (usb chip VIA Vinyl Audio VT1731)

Previously I've posted my checking according to DAC from Audio-gd
    using VIA VT1731 usb chip on thread 'Async USB Dac Experiments - testers wanted...'.

It seems that if DAC operates under the EDO app it doesn't means that it uses asynchronous
    data transfer. Some one already posted on:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...zNmFMZnc#gid=0

that "Dac's w. VIA 1731" works under EDO.

So maybe I will find here other persons who have connected this DAC by USB
    to Linux device. I don't have at home other device working on Linux to check this.

Could you check your entries in file
    /proc/asound/<device name>/stream0

device name you can get from
    /proc/asound/cards

to check if this USB chip maybe working in asynchronous mode
    under other Linux environment and we can modify Squeezebox the
    same way.

If result will be negative it seems that firmware for VIA Vinyl Audio VT1731
    chip have to be bugfixed to support asynchronous mode.

The same can be helpful for other dacs. So if your DAC works with EDO
    check under:
    Settings -> Audio Settings -> Digital Output -> <your device name>

the row with Type and add information to the spreadsheet if this
    DAC works in Adaptive or Asynchronous mode.