Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 103 of 237 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 2367

Fully agree, in theory

Quote Originally Posted by Mnyb View Post
    Async USB may be better when the DAC has the corresponding USB input, but USB spdiff converter is not the same thing you have not removed spdiff out of the picture at all , hence the whole idea seems a bit off ??

The rationale behind the existence USB/spdiff converters is to provide spdiff where there is none , from some laptop to a dac that does not have usb for example .
    I fully agree in theory. That was what I was telling others too.

Just to reiterate, though, that all of us who have tried this combo (and in my case, I had no expectation of improvement) found an improvement worth keeping, or at least reported a noticeable difference in presentation.
    ----------------------
    "Dreamer, easy in the chair that really fits you..."

Quote Originally Posted by dsdreamer View Post
    I fully agree in theory. That was what I was telling others too.

Just to reiterate, though, that all of us who have tried this combo (and in my case, I had no expectation of improvement) found an improvement worth keeping, or at least reported a noticeable difference in presentation.
    I suspect the reported differences are system dependent. When my DAC was a Cambridge Audio 840C I preferred the setup via a VLink II USB to SPDIF converter. After I switched to a DSPeaker Dual Core DAC/EQ, I preferred the straight SPDIF connection.

Guido F.
    Music Room:
    Marantz TT 15S1, Virtuoso Wood Cartridge>ART ADC>Vinyl Studio
    CISCO Router>DLink Bridge>Vortexbox Appliance/Squeezelite>SOtM Card>REGEN>Benchmark DAC2 D>Little Dot Mk 9 Preamp>DSPeaker Antimode Dual Core DRC/EQ/Preamp+CIA PS>Music Reference RM-200 Mk II amp> Martin Logan SL3 speakers
    REL T1 Sub
    Bedroom:
    Squeezebox Touch (analog out)>Little Dot Mk III amp>AKG K701 headphones
    Sony D100 amp>PSB alpha B1 speakers
    Treadmill:
    FiiO X3 Digital Music Player>AKG K550 headphones

Micromega MyDac

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
    Anyone know if the Micromega MyDAC will work?
    It has a USB 1.0 and 2.0 switch in the back...
    http://www.micromega-hifi.com/index....my-range/mydac
    Also interested in this although the MyDac is very new - by all reports it is fantastic.

Thanks
    Sam

Quote Originally Posted by guidof View Post
    I suspect the reported differences are system dependent. When my DAC was a Cambridge Audio 840C I preferred the setup via a VLink II USB to SPDIF converter. After I switched to a DSPeaker Dual Core DAC/EQ, I preferred the straight SPDIF connection.

Guido F.
    This makes a lot of sense to me, as different DACs can deal with data received very, well, differently. Thanks for the report Guido.
    Home: VortexBox 4TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Office: Win8(64) > LMS 7.9.1 > Squeezelite
    Spares: Transporter, Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Optical and coaxial work perfectly up to 24Bit 192Khz when directly plugged in to my Rotel RA-12 amp.

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    I'd personally recommend that you stay away from Computer Audiophile. I've seen some very stupid and plainly wrong stuff there.
    Have to agree with that recommendation. Confused Audiophool has a lot of opinions, but very little actual knowledge.

Hi_FACE 2

Hoes anyone know if EDO works with HI-Face 2?

MyDac

Just plugged MyDac one straight into my Touch, EDO applet, plays 192 flac, sounds OK.

One needs to check the little switch on the back is set to USB2 and perhaps restart the Touch a couple of times.

Result!

Ronnie.

Micromega MyDac

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    Just plugged MyDac one straight into my Touch, EDO applet, plays 192 flac, sounds OK.

One needs to check the little switch on the back is set to USB2 and perhaps restart the Touch a couple of times.

Result!

Ronnie.
    Thanks Ronnie - great news.

but 'sounds ok' has me concerned. Is it just OK or were you being modest?

I appreciate SQ is not the aim of this thread so apologies in advance.

Sam

Quote Originally Posted by alcarp View Post
    Hoes anyone know if EDO works with HI-Face 2?
    I just bought one for use with a laptop. I tested it with the Touch, out of curiosity. It works perfectly at all sampling rates and the sound is great (using a Lavry DA11 on the SPDIF side).