Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 101 of 230 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 2297
    Is there a way to turn off wireless altogether without using TT3.0. Will it be of any benefit to the sound by doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by lake_eleven View Post
    Is there a way to turn off wireless altogether without using TT3.0. Will it be of any benefit to the sound by doing so.
    doesn't really belong in this thread, but here is an answer.

you could look at the file that Soundcheck doesn't want known as TT and see how it is done there. There used to be a TT3.0 thread, maybe there should be a "Not using TT3.0" thread.

it will make a small difference to the sound depending on your system and what other tweaks have been made also from a H&S perspective it is one less thing producing radio waves.

Quote Originally Posted by SBGK View Post
    doesn't really belong in this thread, but here is an answer.

you could look at the file that Soundcheck doesn't want known as TT and see how it is done there. There used to be a TT3.0 thread, maybe there should be a "Not using TT3.0" thread.

it will make a small difference to the sound depending on your system and what other tweaks have been made also from a H&S perspective it is one less thing producing radio waves.
    edited rCS file. If I comment out wlan start, touch is unable to get an ip address. So changed wlan start to stop. Not sure if it has the same effect as wlan off. Also commented out samba server.

edited rCS file. If I comment out wlan start, touch is unable to get an ip address. So changed wlan start to stop. Not sure if it has the same effect as wlan off. Also commented out samba server.
    Could you please explain where(path) to do this.
    Thank you

After going thru some threads, this is what I finally did to turn off wlan in /etc/init.d/rcS file.

# Start wlan
    # /etc/init.d/wlan start
    iwconfig wlan0 txpower off

# Start Samba
    # if [ -x /etc/init.d/samba ]; then
    # /etc/init.d/samba start &
    # fi

After going thru some threads, this is what I finally did to turn off wlan in /etc/init.d/rcS file.

# Start wlan
    # /etc/init.d/wlan start
    iwconfig wlan0 txpower off

# Start Samba
    # if [ -x /etc/init.d/samba ]; then
    # /etc/init.d/samba start &
    # fi
    Thank you. I'm not getting any wireless signal so I guess it worked. Will give a listen tomorrow.

One more reason to eliminate TT3.0

Now if only I could figure out why my V-Link won't play 192 files...
    Last edited by Turnandcough; 2012-10-27 at 18:26.

Quote Originally Posted by guidof View Post
    Many people will tell you that any well-made USB cable will do. However, if you are intent on searching anyway, I had excellent results with Audioquest Cinnamon.

Guido F.
    will have a look into that. thanks for the hint
    SB Touch (w/ EDO & Welborne PSU)>Resolution Audio Cantata Music Center>Gryphon Diablo>Evolution Acoustics MicroOne

Nad m51 dac

Just checking again to determine if USB out to this DAC now works.

Not that I'm really into 192 files but just out of curiosity...

Does anyone have an idea why I can't play 24-192 files using Touch 7.8 > EDO > V-Link 192 USB converter > S/PDIF > EE Minimax DAC? I was able to play the same files using Touch's S/PDIF output to the DAC.

Am I missing something?

Thank you

No sound at 192khz

I have my Touch connected to a Xindak DAC-5. Unfortunately i don't have any info if this DAC can handle a 192kHZ input. The DC is connected to the Touch with coax. I installed EDO but when playing a 24bit/192kHz file there is no sound. The "Digital Signal locked indicator" on the DAC is on. OK, maybe the DAC-5 just can't handle 192 kHZ. But strangely it does play the 176.4 kHZ files i have. That doesn't seem logical to me, what do you think? Is there a chance i could get the 192kHz files to play?. I also tried an optical cable but that didný make any difference.