Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 100 of 237 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150200 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 2367
    Quote Originally Posted by Anton View Post
    Hi Triode

Firstly, thank you for your quick responses, and secondly, thanks a stack for the awesome utility!

I think I mentioned in my first thread that I was using FLAC predominantly/only. The hi-res files are also FLAC, purchased and downloaded from Linn. From your previous responses to other queries, I've ensured that in LMS the file-type for FLAC has the PCM option changed to FLAC. It appears that EDO isn't able to see the TacT RCS when I go into the advanced settings on the SBT, selecting the digital out option. I'm using coax, not optical. Do you think that I should perhaps update the firmware from 7.7.2 to 7.8 beta? I don't have any problems playing audio files up to 96 kHz or internet radio stations with low sampling rates; it's only files that are sampled at rates greater than 96 kHz these play slowly. I've been using Logitech's Squeezeboxes/Slimdevices for ages, plugged directly into the S/PDIF input of the RCS 2.2 without any problems, and now, after upgrading with the EDO firmware, the sound has improved so that my listening experience has benefited even more. Thank you, once again. I can happily listen to 44,1 kHz and hi-res files at up to 96 kHz, but would love to hear for myself if the higher resolutions sound even better, so I would really appreciate it if I can get my SBT to output the 192 kHz files and not down-sample them to 96 kHz and slow speed, as it's presently doing.
    If the source files are flaces, do you have the flac "native" setting enabled in settings, file types?

Thank you to Triode for pointing me in the right direction.
    192k files are playing just fine now with through USB. I just had to play flac files natively and voilá, everything works just fine.
    Thank you very, very much.
    now the hunt for a decent USB cable can begin
    best regards
    André
    SB Touch (w/ EDO & Welborne PSU)>Resolution Audio Cantata Music Center>Gryphon Diablo>Evolution Acoustics MicroOne

Quote Originally Posted by reverendo View Post
    now the hunt for a decent USB cable can begin

André
    Many people will tell you that any well-made USB cable will do. However, if you are intent on searching anyway, I had excellent results with Audioquest Cinnamon.

Guido F.
    Music Room:
    Marantz TT 15S1, Virtuoso Wood Cartridge>ART ADC>Vinyl Studio
    CISCO Router>DLink Bridge>Vortexbox Appliance/Squeezelite>SOtM Card>REGEN>Benchmark DAC2 D>Little Dot Mk 9 Preamp>DSPeaker Antimode Dual Core DRC/EQ/Preamp+CIA PS>Music Reference RM-200 Mk II amp> Martin Logan SL3 speakers
    REL T1 Sub
    Bedroom:
    Squeezebox Touch (analog out)>Little Dot Mk III amp>AKG K701 headphones
    Sony D100 amp>PSB alpha B1 speakers
    Treadmill:
    FiiO X3 Digital Music Player>AKG K550 headphones

Hi,

I've been using EDO+TT3.0+SBGK successfully for some time with S/PDIF output. I just picked up a MF V-Link 192 and am experiencing problems - basically no sound after a few seconds of playing.

After doing a factory reset/clean install of EDO everything was working fine. Then I installed TT3.0 and the problems began. I thought following SBGK's recommended settings for USB output might fix the problem but no dice.

Does anyone have a clue what might be causing the problem. I'm getting a constant signal on my DAC and Touch is showing V-Link with working sample rates up to 192 but still no sound.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Turnandcough View Post
    Hi,

I've been using EDO+TT3.0+SBGK successfully for some time with S/PDIF output. I just picked up a MF V-Link 192 and am experiencing problems - basically no sound after a few seconds of playing.

After doing a factory reset/clean install of EDO everything was working fine. Then I installed TT3.0 and the problems began. I thought following SBGK's recommended settings for USB output might fix the problem but no dice.

Does anyone have a clue what might be causing the problem. I'm getting a constant signal on my DAC and Touch is showing V-Link with working sample rates up to 192 but still no sound.

Thanks
    user error ? check the changes again.
    what do the lights on the vlink indicate ?
    are you using wireless or lan ?
    what edo output did you select ?
    what files are you playing ? type and resolution ? are you decoding on the touch ? try decoding on the server.
    try using smaller buffers

Quote Originally Posted by SBGK View Post
    what files are you playing ? type and resolution ? are you decoding on the touch ? try decoding on the server.
    I'm using lan, V-Link output, FLAC files with mostly 16/44, 24/96 resolution(I only have one 24/192 file), decoding on the server.

As I mentioned - the problem occurs as soon as I install TT3.0 so I don't think user error, SBGK or buffer settings are the cause. Actually I was hoping SBGK settings might fix things.

Right now I'm back to straight EDO and everything is working fine. I'll re-install TT3.0 when I get back from work tonight and check the V-Link lights thing.

BTW - I find the sound to be better than straight S/PDIF out. More texture, more micro-detail and possibly lower noise floor.

Hi

Has anyone tried if SBT will work with Sonicweld Diverter over USB?
    Does USB/SPDIF converter needs to be powered seperately?
    I assume that if USB/SPDIF will work automaticly in linux - then it will also work with EDO?

regards

the only thing I can think of is have you set the output in TT 3.0 to digital ie TT -o 0

HiFace

Triode, the first HiFace is not readily compatible with Linux, but there seem to have been recent developments.

Is this link of any benefit to you; many OEM DACS use the HiFace (Mk1).

- https://github.com/panicking/snd-usb-asyncaudio

Ronnie.

the only thing I can think of is have you set the output in TT 3.0 to digital ie TT -o 0
    That could be it. I left the output at default which is digital as opposed to analog (TT -o 1). I'll give it another try later.

In any case for now I'm finding the sound with only EDO installed to be quite decent. I can't say I find it thin as some had previously mentioned. Only thing is that, for some reason, I'm unable to play 24-192 files through USB and decoding done at the server.

I also noticed that Triode has added buffer tuning and kernel idle options to the menu. Very Nice. Might eventually eliminate the need for TT3.0 tweaking altogether.
    However I'm not sure which options do what so I left buffer at default and checked off avoid low power at idle option. The latter sounds like a good idea even though I don't fully understand what it does.
    Last edited by Turnandcough; 2012-10-27 at 06:27.