Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 116 of 234 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126166216 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 2340
    Quote Originally Posted by Triode View Post
    Hum - yes we need the text which comes after that. I would have thought it should show something before the watchdog caused a reboot. Is this the last entry from tail? What happens if you enable all the logging entries for audio output?
    Hey Triode,
    Thanks for your input....looks like I am Sh*t out of luck! Strangely this time when I plugged the DAC in and entered audio settings I was prompted with my DAC and the "INFO" messages about it. When I selected it, it did not want to reboot and showed me all kind of info about the DAC. I rebooted and then went back to settings and it I now could select the DAC as a source, and then it reboots and gets stuck in an infinite loop.

I have included pics of the touch if it helps at all. I also turned on DEBUG for audio.output and the applet.EnhancedDigitalOutput but there was nothing new that was shown in the /var/log/messages.

Let me know if I can try anything else.

Thanks!

Sorry for the large pictures:

Name:  IMG_20121230_161335.jpg
Views: 786
Size:  230.4 KBName:  IMG_20121230_161342.jpg
Views: 785
Size:  230.3 KBName:  IMG_20121230_161351.jpg
Views: 790
Size:  237.7 KB

I also have verified the following:

cat /proc/asound/cards:
    0 [TXRX ]: MXC_SPDIF - MXC SPDIF TX/RX
    MXC Freescale with SPDIF
    1 [fab4 ]: fab4 - fab4
    fab4 (ak4420)
    2 [fab4_1 ]: fab4 - fab4
    fab4 (wm8974)
    3 [Device ]: USB-Audio - Schiit USB Audio Device
    Schiit Schiit USB Audio Device at usb-fsl-ehci.0-1, high speed

aplay -l:
    card 0: TXRX [MXC SPDIF TX/RX], device 0: MXC_SPDIF [MXC_SPDIF]
    Subdevices: 0/1
    Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
    card 1: fab4 [fab4], device 0: fab4-ak4420 []
    card 2: fab4_1 [fab4], device 0: fab4-wm8974 []
    card 3: Device [Schiit USB Audio Device], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]
    Subdevices: 1/1

vi /etc/squeezeplay/userpath/settings/SqueezeboxFab4.lua:
    settings = {alsaPlaybackPeriodCount=2,alsaEffectsPeriodCount= 2,alsaSampleSize=24,cleanReboot=false,alsaPlayback BufferTime=20000,brightnessMinimal=26,ambient=0,al saPlaybackDevice="default",alsaEffectsBufferTime=2 0000,brightness=64,alsaEffectsDevice="plughw:2,0", brightnessControl="automatic",}

When I try to start the process manually with:
    jive_alsa -d hw:CARD=3 -c default -b 20000 -p 2 -s 24 -f 1

I see this in dmesgs:
    cannot submit syncpipe for urb 0, error -90: internal error

Also as a side note...this DAC is USB powered....I am not sure if this has anything to do with it...if the watchdog timer is looking for the DAC before it itself is booted up.

Thanks again for your time and help!
    Dustin
    Last edited by dustinsterk; 2012-12-31 at 15:26.

I've been running EDO > iFi iUSB > MF V-Link 192 > DAC for some time with excellent results. However I still don't know what's taking place inside the Touch that's different from S/PDIF output straight to DAC.
    What, if anything, is being bypassed inside the Touch that could make the signal cleaner?

My other question is regarding the EDO buffer settings. What exactly is this supposed to do?

With TT3.0 everyone seemed to have their own buffer value "recipe". I'm supposing the EDO settings are a more user-friendly version of these but is there a consensus of what sounds best. I've tried a few of these settings without any problems but I can't say MY aging ears hear a big difference between them so I left them at "default"

Quote Originally Posted by dustinsterk View Post
    I see this in dmesgs:
    cannot submit syncpipe for urb 0, error -90: internal error
    This will definitely cause a problem - difficult to debug though without access to the device. I'm not sure it can be fixed without updating the device or touch firmware though.

This will definitely cause a problem - difficult to debug though without access to the device. I'm not sure it can be fixed without updating the device or touch firmware though.
    Hey Triode....I figured that was going to be tough to debug as that message comes from usbaudio.c. Do you have your code changes publicly accessible for others to compile? I would be happy to take a stab at trying to fix it if there is any interest from others. For the price this is a nice little DAC.

Thanks again.

--Dustin

Quote Originally Posted by dustinsterk View Post
    Hey Triode....I figured that was going to be tough to debug as that message comes from usbaudio.c. Do you have your code changes publicly accessible for others to compile? I would be happy to take a stab at trying to fix it if there is any interest from others. For the price this is a nice little DAC.

Thanks again.

--Dustin
    Its not documented in any way... What you need to do is use poky to build the normal image including the kernel. This is documented on the wiki for building squeezeos. You need to build the latest 7.7 image. This will cause poky to fetch and patch the logitech version of 2.6.26. I'd verify you can do this and then load the image on the device before going any further.

Good luck!

I've then selectively applied a set of patches from more recent usb kernel changes - the diff for this from the standard build 2.6.26 is here:
    http://code.google.com/p/triodeapple...patch&can=2&q=

Then recompile linux and rebuild the image - by just compiling linux and the image, poky won't fetch and extract the original linux. Here's the set of commands I used:

Here's an extract from a history from the vm I was doing that on:

2016 bitbake linux-fab4 -c compile -f
    2017 bitbake squeezeos-image
    2018 cd tmp-fab4/deploy/images/kernel-image/
    2019 cp ../fab4.bin .
    2020 unzip fab4.bin
    2023 zip kernel-test11.bin board.version upgrade.md5 zImage

You could ignore steps 2018-2023 as they are only to extract the kernel from the full image. 16 and 17 will build the image after up apply the patch.

Its not documented in any way... What you need to do is use poky to build the normal image including the kernel. This is documented on the wiki for building squeezeos. You need to build the latest 7.7 image. This will cause poky to fetch and patch the logitech version of 2.6.26. I'd verify you can do this and then load the image on the device before going any further.

Good luck!

I've then selectively applied a set of patches from more recent usb kernel changes - the diff for this from the standard build 2.6.26 is here:
    http://code.google.com/p/triodeapple...patch&can=2&q=

Then recompile linux and rebuild the image - by just compiling linux and the image, poky won't fetch and extract the original linux. Here's the set of commands I used:

Here's an extract from a history from the vm I was doing that on:

2016 bitbake linux-fab4 -c compile -f
    2017 bitbake squeezeos-image
    2018 cd tmp-fab4/deploy/images/kernel-image/
    2019 cp ../fab4.bin .
    2020 unzip fab4.bin
    2023 zip kernel-test11.bin board.version upgrade.md5 zImage

You could ignore steps 2018-2023 as they are only to extract the kernel from the full image. 16 and 17 will build the image after up apply the patch.

Looks like fun....time to carve up a new VM. I will update you or this thread if I get anywhere with it. Thanks for all of your time and help.

--Dustin

NAD M51 data rate issue EDO -->S/PDIF

I just plugged in the NAD and when I attempt to send a 192k FLAC to the DAC via EDO through coax, the NAD shows 96k on the display. I seem to recall from way back in this thread or somewhere else that the Touch firmware can't identify the 192k files even though they are passed through. So, is the NAD decoding a 192k file at the correct rate, and merely showing the rate sent by the Touch, or is something else going on here? I'm confused.
    Last edited by scintilla; 2013-01-03 at 21:30.

Quote Originally Posted by scintilla View Post
    I just plugged in the NAD and when I attempt to send a 192k FLAC to the DAC via EDO through coax, the NAD shows 96k on the display. I seem to recall from way back in this thread or somewhere else that the Touch firmware can't identify the 192k files even though they are passed through. So, is the NAD decoding a 192k file at the correct rate, and merely showing the rate sent by the Touch, or is something else going on here? I'm confused.
    Does it sound ok? If you don't have Flac "Native" decoding enabled in the server's file types menu, then you need 7.8 firmware on touch for this.

However if its only the display then it probably means that the status bits in spdif are wrong - I've never looked at that to see and didn't change anything for this...

Does it sound ok? If you don't have Flac "Native" decoding enabled in the server's file types menu, then you need 7.8 firmware on touch for this.

However if its only the display then it probably means that the status bits in spdif are wrong - I've never looked at that to see and didn't change anything for this...
    It does sound OK, and I checked the file types for the server and native FLAC is enabled. Though I haven't performed an update on this box in awhile, it shows 7.7.2. Is 7.8 a beta? Thanks for the reply Triode. Very much appreciate your work on this plugin.