Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 53 of 189 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Triode View Post
    Hot plug works as long as the DAC was on when you booted Touch and that you turn off/on or unplug replug the same dac. Unfortunately it won't support changing dac as the dac needs to be on at squeezeplay startup.
    That's more than enough for our single-DAC-household.

When I tried it last a long time ago even this didn't work and I've been pushing my SBT's tiny reset button whenever I powered on the CDQ, so even this minimal version of hotplugging is much more than nice-to-have. Thanks!

Stuck at 96khz

Hi all,
    This EDO plugin is great stuff, thanks a lot, Triode. Unfortunately so far I have not managed to get it to work. I have the following setup:

Synology DS411+II with Logitech Media Server 7.7.2 - r33893 (latest)
    Squeezbox Touch with EDO Plugin 0.7
    Weiss DAC202 connected over SPDIF Coax

I downloaded and installed the EDO Plugin as per the instructions in the first post. The file I play is definitely 192khz. It correctly streams to the Weiss DAC202 @192khz through a PC based streamer (foobar2000). With the Squeezebox the file plays at 96khz and the "More Info" Field on the squeezebox reads:

Bitrate: 4738kbps VBR (converted to 705kbps FLAC)
    Sample Rate: 192khz
    Sample Size: 24bit

For some reason Logitech Media Server seems to insist on downsampling the file to 96khz. Does anyone have an idea where I might start looking to resolve this?
    Thanks and regards
    Rudi

Quote Originally Posted by rudolffischer View Post
    Hi all,
    This EDO plugin is great stuff, thanks a lot, Triode. Unfortunately so far I have not managed to get it to work. I have the following setup:

Synology DS411+II with Logitech Media Server 7.7.2 - r33893 (latest)
    Squeezbox Touch with EDO Plugin 0.7
    Weiss DAC202 connected over SPDIF Coax

I downloaded and installed the EDO Plugin as per the instructions in the first post. The file I play is definitely 192khz. It correctly streams to the Weiss DAC202 @192khz through a PC based streamer (foobar2000). With the Squeezebox the file plays at 96khz and the "More Info" Field on the squeezebox reads:

Bitrate: 4738kbps VBR (converted to 705kbps FLAC)
    Sample Rate: 192khz
    Sample Size: 24bit

For some reason Logitech Media Server seems to insist on downsampling the file to 96khz. Does anyone have an idea where I might start looking to resolve this?
    Thanks and regards
    Rudi
    You must get the server to stream in native FLAC for anything above 96khz not to be downsampled. To do this, go to settings and under filetpyes set FLAC to Native.

I have FLAC set to native and everything else to disabled, so Logitech Media Server should not transcode or downsample. I am wondering if this could be a bug with the Synology Version of Logitech Media Server?

I have FLAC set to native and everything else to disabled, so Logitech Media Server should not transcode or downsample. I am wondering if this could be a bug with the Synology Version of Logitech Media Server?
    If EDO is installed correctly and you have the spdif output selected then the player should tell the server that the max sampling rate is 96k. I think there's a log message on the player saying what the max sampling rate is. If you enable logging for audio.output then I think you will see this in /var/log/message if you log into Touch - check whether it is 96 or 192k.

Hi Triode
    I am a Linux newbie and did the following:
    - Installed WinSCP on the PC
    - started it in SCP mode and opened the messages file on the Touch
    - searched for audio.output and found the following lines:

Jun 1 23:07:14 squeezeplay: DEBUG audio.output - decode_alsa_stop:85 decode_alsa_stop
    Jun 1 23:07:14 squeezeplay: INFO audio.decode - decode_start_handler:279 init decoder flc
    Jun 1 23:07:14 squeezeplay: DEBUG audio.output - decode_alsa_start:56 decode_alsa_start
    Jun 1 23:07:14 squeezeplay: INFO audio.decode - Playback.lua:476 connect 192.168.1.100:9002 GET /stream.mp3?player=00:04:20:23:08:0c HTTP/1.0^M
    Jun 1 23:07:15 squeezeplay: DEBUG audio.output - decode_alsa_resume:67 decode_alsa_resume
    Jun 1 23:07:16 squeezeplay: WARN applet.AlarmSnooze - AlarmSnoozeApplet.lua:323 notify_playerModeChange: - audioState is 1
    Jun 1 23:07:16 squeezeplay: INFO applet.NowPlaying - NowPlayingApplet.lua:416 disable volume UI in NP
    Jun 1 23:07:37 squeezeplay: INFO squeezeplay - JiveMain.lua:200 Turn soft power off
    Jun 1 23:07:37 squeezeplay: DEBUG audio.output - decode_alsa_pause:76 decode_alsa_pause

no mention of 96khz or 192khz

Thanks and regards
    Rudi
    Last edited by rudolffischer; 2012-06-01 at 14:10.

Hi Triode
    I am a Linux newbie and did the following:
    - Installed WinSCP on the PC
    - started it in SCP mode and opened the messages file on the Touch
    - searched for audio.output and found the following lines:
    1) You need to enable audio.output logging at debug level from the Touch menus - Settings > Advanced > Logging
    2) Reboot touch
    3) Login with winscp and type "less /var/log/message"

You should be able to page through that and find an entry somewhere after a page or two marked <--------- below

Code:
    Jan 24 00:00:31 squeezeplay: ERROR  audio.output - decode_alsa_fork:178 jive_alsa failed to start
    Jan 24 00:00:31 squeezeplay: DEBUG  audio.output - decode_alsa_init:266 Playback device: hw:CARD=TXRX
    Jan 24 00:00:31 squeezeplay: DEBUG  audio.output - decode_alsa_fork:143 fork jive_alsa -v -d hw:CARD=TXRX -c default -b 4000000 -p 4 -s 24 -f 1 
    Jan 24 00:00:31 udhcpc[723]: Sending discover...
    Jan 24 00:00:31 squeezeplay: pcm_test:904 max sample rate 192000   <-------------------
    Jan 24 00:00:31 squeezeplay: audio_thread_execute:933 audio_thread_execute
    Jan 24 00:00:31 squeezeplay: _pcm_open:722 Opened device hw:CARD=TXRX using format: S24_LE sample rate: 44100
    Jan 24 00:00:31 squeezeplay: INFO   squeezeplay.applets - AppletManager.lua:317 Registering: SetupSoundEffects

TE8802L-DAC-users: Request compatibility from Tenor product responsible! Sampel mail!

To: info.chiu@gfec.com.tw !!! Let's do it EVERYBODY! This might help!!!

Mr. Info Chiu is product responsable at Galaxy Far East Corp, the producers of the TE8802

Sample Mail:
    ---

To: info.chiu@gfec.com.tw

Subject: TE8802L: Please provide full Linux/SBT - Compatibility for asynchronous mode

Att.: Mr. Info Chiu

Dear Sir

I own a recent DAC. This incorporates a TE8802L - Chip as a USB interface.

However, I was unfortunately disappointed, when I wanted to use it, to listen to music from my Linux-based music transport, the SBT, "Squeezebox Touch" from Logitech (with the "Enhanced Digital Output App"). There was a compatiblity issue, and the manufacturor of my DAC could not provide for any suitable drivers. It seems, that they are not yet developped for the TE8802L.

This does not only concern myself. There is a very large computer-audio-using community using Linux-based systems, who would like to connect their DACs in Asynchronous Mode, by Audio Class V2.0. You can easily confirm this by reading in forums where some consumers of hifi-equipments exchange their experiencies.

Other asynchronous interfaces connect to Linux natively and work flawlessly.

This concerns not only computer users, but as well the large community of Linux-based "Logitech Squeezebox Touch" users, who want to use the optimal quality by using the USB port for the asynchronous connection of a USB DAC (with the "Enhanced Digital Output App")

I hope, that you will soon provide asynchronous USB compatibility for Linux, in cooperation with the Linux developer community. I hope that you assure, that those drivers get incorporated with the next software upgrade for the Logitech Squeezebox. Please cooperate with the Squeezebox developers for this.

I thank you very much in advance for your attention and your efforts in providing a largely compatible USB Audio Class V2.0 interface, and I am looking forward to your answer.

Sincerely yours!

---

I just sent it! Post it here when you did it, too!!! THANKS
    Last edited by diego; 2012-06-02 at 03:44.

Quote Originally Posted by diego View Post
    Subject: TE8802L: Please provide full Linux/SBT - Compatibility for asynchronous mode
    Are there any known cases of it working with the native linux drivers on other machines? I am happy to look at known working patches to the linux tree which make it work, but really need it to be proven working with Linux first and an understanding of what linux patches are required.

TE8802: Thanks for taking care!

Quote Originally Posted by Triode View Post
    Are there any known cases of it working with the native linux drivers on other machines? I am happy to look at known working patches to the linux tree which make it work, but really need it to be proven working with Linux first and an understanding of what linux patches are required.
    Dear Triode: Thanks for taking care!

I posted the same problem on head-fi, a rather active forum, with lots of audio-gd-gear owners on it, and audio-gd started to equipp their DACs and digital audio interfaces with the TE8802 recently. I am still waiting for mine, that I ordered a couple of weeks ago. I ordered it, when I was still not aware of the compatibility issue with the SBT, with the firm intention, to take advantage of async usb with your plugin. However, I have not cancelled the order, being confident, that a solution must be found for Linux and a chip that is gettig that popular. A growing number of largely distributed brands use it for ther usb inputs into DACs. For instance, Teac does, and many higher-end brands.

Here is the post on head-fi:
    http://www.head-fi.org/t/609062/te88...pp-for-the-sbt

Unfortunately, no reports of working configurations...

However, one user posted some results (dmesg), that are unfortunately too technical for me, but maybe they give you some useful information:
    http://www.head-fi.org/t/609062/te88...t#post_8427002

What reminds, is, the TE8802 works on Macs with recent operating systems, natively, no extra driver needed. As far as I have heard, the Mac os are Linux based, so their drivers would probably work on Linux too, if someone gets hold of them, who is able to adapt them to other Linux distributions - and maybe to the SBT

Cheers!
    Last edited by diego; 2012-06-02 at 05:00.