Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 51 of 175 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Mc View Post
    Strange. It's prompting me to update to 7.7.2, reinstalling Triode's app, then asking to go back to 7.6.2!!, removing his app in the process. Any ideas anyone?
    I hope it becomes on account of the Audiophil wishes to select this applet with the possibility of the different versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Triode View Post
    It's a different output from the imx35 chip and has a different device driver. So its not certain the soc can handle it at present. I've not yet looked at this again.
    I see. By the way, I read Jack's post. Seems the other thread is not active. Quote below just in case you haven't read it.

Quote Originally Posted by JIJ3 View Post
    Triode, thinking some more about this.

If DIV2 is really set to 1 for both 48K and 96K, then PM must be different for these two cases (unless external logic changes the master clock rate, which would seem silly). I assume the master clock for 48K, 96K, (and therefore 192K) is 24.476 Mhz. Then 48K requires a divide by 16 to generate a 1.5298 Mhz bit clock, 96 K would require a divide by 8, (and 192K a divide by 4). If DIV2 is set to one for 48K and 96K, then PV would have to be 3 for 48K, 1 for 96K (and zero for 192K, if DIV2 stayed at 1).

I know you're very busy with the USB work, but when you get a chance you might want to look closely at the DIV2 and PM bit settings for all cases.

Jack

calibrating the sound against foobar2000 with jplay kernel output vs the edo mods + tt3.0 +sbgk (both using mf vlink 192) I think you need to have the bass of 0.5 and the detail of 0.6.

You could have something really special here, but as you cannot here any difference between 0.6 and 0.7 or the effect that large buffers have I don't think you are going to be able to progress.

Anyway, thanks for switching me to the mf vlink 192, I can power it with the 5v linear supply I bought for the touch and get audiophile performance with foobar2000 and jplay.

My Twisted Pear Audio Opus DAC with USB Receiver (same company, TPA) and Ballsie Single Ended converter (also same company) works flawlessly using this method with a Belkin USB 2.0 hub and default buffering. Sounds great! I personally think the treble and bass sound more extended with default buffering but this is probably all in my head. I do have a pretty resolving system though.

I tried doing TT3.0 + those other mods but it was way too complicated and either didn't work or didn't sound much better so I'm sticking with this only and I'm a happy camper.

I will post again when my ODAC comes (supports 24/96) and I will post again when I convert this Opus DAC to use the TOSLINK Converter and S/PDIF Receiver board.

Thanks for the great work though.

Quote Originally Posted by SBGK View Post
    Anyway, thanks for switching me to the mf vlink 192, I can power it with the 5v linear supply I bought for the touch and get audiophile performance with foobar2000 and jplay.
    How do you use the Touch PS with the V-link? It was a letdown that the V-links can't make use of MF:s own power supply for the V-series. Maybe the only thing that can be considered a weak spot of the V-link 192.

Quote Originally Posted by SBGK View Post
    calibrating the sound against foobar2000 with jplay kernel output vs the edo mods + tt3.0 +sbgk (both using mf vlink 192) I think you need to have the bass of 0.5 and the detail of 0.6.

You could have something really special here, but as you cannot here any difference between 0.6 and 0.7 or the effect that large buffers have I don't think you are going to be able to progress.

Have you switched to PC based playback from SBT.

Quote Originally Posted by alcarp View Post
    I still can't get the SBT to work with the NAD M51 DAC. The DAC appears as one of the devices available when in the Digital output menu but I get no sound. Works with the Audiophilleo 2.
    M51 is not supported at present as it does not work with Linux. One of the other users with one has reported to NAD - I am hoping they will look at it as it looked non trivial to work out how to support without a dac to test against.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Mc View Post
    Strange. It's prompting me to update to 7.7.2, reinstalling Triode's app, then asking to go back to 7.6.2!!, removing his app in the process. Any ideas anyone?
    The EDO applet only runs under LMS 7.7 and up. It sounds like your local server is running 7.6.2, you won't see EDO in the list when using 7.6.anything. What is most likely happening is that you are switching between your local server and mysb.com which is running 7.7.2, this will cause the Touch to change it's firmware each time you switch.

Your best bet is to upgrade your local server to the same version mysb.com is using, then you won't have to keep on changing firmware in the Touch and you will be able to use EDO all the time.

John S.

DigitalOutPut.lua

Hi Triode,

In the EnhancedDigitalOutput.lua file, does it matter what name the alsaPlaybackDevice is called. The device is named "VLink" in some of the other files (I'm using the VLink II, so that's correct). The default name in the EnhancedDigitalOutput.lua file is "default". Should it be changed to VLink in that lua file or is the device name ignored???

Thanks.
    Rg

System information
    ------------------------
    Main: Vortexbox > Teddy Pardo PS >Touch (wired) > USB> MF VLink II >Toslink > Rega DAC > LFD LE IV Signature amp > VA Mozart Grands > REL Acoustics R305.

Home Theatre: Touch (Wired) > Pioneer VSX 919 > Energy Take 5 Classic 5.1.

LMS 7.8.0 - 1395395852 on a Vortexbox Appliance, V 2.3, Touches: FW 7.8.0-r16754.

EDO 0.7 changes the sound - it sounds more digital. How to revert to 0.6