Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 34 of 191 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FredNowak View Post
    I sent Customer Support at Wyred4Sound a copy of my post and John's reply. I asked if John's assessment that the ÁDAC has the M2Tech OEM board is correct. Here is the Wyred response: "John is incorrect, we are not using the interface he mentions. We are using the same interface as we are using on the mINT and DAC-1 which is our little secret;-)"
    So I think the follow up question you should ask them is whether they expect it to work with a stock linux kernel. (If not then it won't work with touch, if yes then there may be a possiblity and we should investigate further.)

Quote Originally Posted by vincey103 View Post
    hi triode,
    I've followed your posts on pink fish and had been delighted with the usb plug in going into mdac via usb hub. all was working well until a couple of days ago when i uploaded the new audio lab firmware and its all gone to pieces-dac not recognised,crashes etc. this is only on usb and coaxial out seems quite stable but i'd love to get the usb working again.do you know if there is some conflict with the new mdac firmware(0.95) and are there any fixes you could suggest.
    cheers
    v
    I've just updated my mdac and it works ok - suspect there's an issue with the EDO update process or you had the previous Usb Audio Output app installed? Can you do a firmware reset of the touch and reinstall the app?

Wyred4Sound Micro Dac (ÁDAC)

Quote Originally Posted by Triode View Post
    So I think the follow up question you should ask them is whether they expect it to work with a stock linux kernel. (If not then it won't work with touch, if yes then there may be a possiblity and we should investigate further.)

Triode, Here is what Wyred4Sound said in answer to your question: "The interface does work with Linux driverless in adaptive mode. It will not work with Linux in async mode."

Fred

Quote Originally Posted by FredNowak View Post
    Triode, Here is what Wyred4Sound said in answer to your question: "The interface does work with Linux driverless in adaptive mode. It will not work with Linux in async mode."

Fred
    At present I'm afraid it probably doesn't work then as there is no way to select adaptive mode from the touch.

Wyred4Sound Micro Dac (ÁDAC)

At present I'm afraid it probably doesn't work then as there is no way to select adaptive mode from the touch.
    It works fine in adaptive mode. I have not listened enough to say it works as well as coax but it is very good. Pops and clicks have not been noticed.

All that is needed to make the ÁDAC work in adaptive mode is 1. use EDO, 2. connect the ÁDAC directly to the SBT (no USB hub), and 3. use the 9v external power supply.

Fred

Wavelength WaveLink USB to S/PDIF converter

FYI: I can confirm that the EDO app works with a Wavelength WaveLink USB/SPDIF converter. I have verified that it works with USB2 High Speed and the async is working properly (sample rates fluctuate). And it works at all sample rates up to 192 (with no Hub necessary).

FWIW, I have Soundcheck's TT3.0 installed with a few extra (SBGK inspired) tweaks and it still works flawlessly.

I'm not going to get into sound quality comments here, but suffice to say the WaveLink sounds undoubtedly different than the Touch S/PDIF output. However, it is debatable whether the extra price of the USB/SPDIF converter is worth it (I'm just borrowing this one for the time being to see if it worked and how it sounded).
    Last edited by edwardian; 2012-04-28 at 00:10.

Quote Originally Posted by SBGK View Post
    you could try a periodcount=4 and alsa buffer time of 100000 us, this means the frame size is 1/4 of the buffer size (1024/4096) instead of 1/2 (1024/2048) and also means the buffer refresh rate is .1s instead of .02s or what ever buffer size you have, so you have a better chance of filling the alsa buffer and you have longer time to do it. don't know why this isn't the standard setting for the Touch as it gives a more stable sound and may solve these hiccups.

I play 24/192 uncompressed flacs, wired and had problems if I tried smaller alsa buffers.
    Maybe a strange question, but where do I change these settings?

Quote Originally Posted by edwardian View Post

I'm not going to get into sound quality comments here, but suffice to say the WaveLink sounds undoubtedly different than the Touch S/PDIF output. However, it is debatable whether the extra price of the USB/SPDIF converter is worth it (I'm just borrowing this one for the time being to see if it worked and how it sounded).
    Cheaper than the custom clock mods that some get done to the Touch and easily reversible. Has resale value to boot.

I've just updated my mdac and it works ok - suspect there's an issue with the EDO update process or you had the previous Usb Audio Output app installed? Can you do a firmware reset of the touch and reinstall the app?
    thanks for the reply. I've done factory resets and reinstalled the app. i have now reinstalled the original mdac firmware. all is working well again. i might reinstall the mdac update but i don't think its meant to give any sonic improvement -i might be wrong.i will probably wait for johns 'lake west' firmware.
    thanks for your app.i love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Baronvonkarp View Post
    Maybe a strange question, but where do I change these settings?
    Baron you have PM