Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 191 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Triode View Post
    This is only necessary for usb based dacs - I assume this is not - just install without dac and then select "Digital Output" to use the digital output to the dac. Note when you do this, the analog output is not used - you need to reset the output to Digital + Analog (which is the default and won't do 192k) if you want analog to work.
    Thanks for the response!

Quote Originally Posted by HumanMedia View Post
    Edit: can't reproduce the signal lock drop
    Edit: intermittent signal drop noticed in other track which played fine before - not data related. Network bandwidth? Strength of output signal?
    Do you see any underrun messages in the dmseg of the player? I'm wondering if this is a loss of data data within the software side or loss of clock lock on the spdif link.

Interested in other people's feedback on the 192k support as clearly I've enabled something the hardware was not originally designed for.

Smile will I hear a difference

I have some 192 files and have downsampled them to 96 to play them with as wav files. Will I be able to tell the difference in sound quality if playing them natively at 192 ?

after reading the link below I am confused about whether I would hear any difference and also whether I am hearing any difference between 16/44 and 24/96 apart from different production quality.

I guess what I am asking is what are the sonic benefits of applying the enhanced digital output mod ?

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Quote Originally Posted by SBGK View Post
    I have some 192 files and have downsampled them to 96 to play them with as wav files. Will I be able to tell the difference in sound quality if playing them natively at 192 ?

after reading the link below I am confused about whether I would hear any difference and also whether I am hearing any difference between 16/44 and 24/96 apart from different production quality.

I guess what I am asking is what are the sonic benefits of applying the enhanced digital output mod ?

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html
    I suggest we keep discussion of the benefits of 192k to the relevant thread on the audiophile forum. This thread is really to discuss the capability of adding usb and 192k playback to touch.

Asus Xonar Essence One

Hi,

I just purchase an Asus Xonar Essence one to work as a DAC for the Touch. I installed this App and my finding is that it works as 'Digital' using TOS Link. However, I have trouble using the USB Connection. I can hear distorted sound only. Already I have updated the Touch to the latest firmware.

Any way, I appreciate your effort and If I can make progress I will report.

lugui

Do you see any underrun messages in the dmseg of the player? I'm wondering if this is a loss of data data within the software side or loss of clock lock on the spdif link.

Interested in other people's feedback on the 192k support as clearly I've enabled something the hardware was not originally designed for.
    How do I check for underrun messages?
    Do they get echoed to the SBT console?

Sounds a very interesting app.

I use Soundcheck's Touch 3 mods and find it has an appreciable increase in sound quality.

Is this app compatible with the Soundcheck mods?
    Last edited by goopie; 2012-04-08 at 20:09. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by goopie View Post
    Sounds a very interesting app.

I use Soundcheck's Touch 3 mods and find it has an appreciable increase in sound quality.

Is this app compatible with the Soundcheck mods?
    As previously stated in this thread:

You are best to uninstall first - I've not looked at in detail, but I think some of the TT modification for priories will conflict with the app if you use usb output.

Thanks.

I did skip to the end of the thread without reading too much (naughty naughty).

Is it my imagination or does the audio quality sound better with this app, even on even lower sampling rates (44.1, 48, 88.2, 96) than the stock SBT?
    Could this be the case?