Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Spotify on Duet and Boom

Hi

When I updated from 7.7.1 to 7.7.2 and didn't restart my ReadyNas, I could play music from Spotify on all players, including Duet and Boom. But after a restart of my NAS these players were no longer supported by Spotify.

Will we see Spotify support older players in the future?

Best regards

Mads

Have you restarted the NAS since your upgrade ?

Logitech have never supported duet or boom for spotify , you must have been using triodes spotify plugin and not the official app .

imply spotify just fine on my boom ( with the help of that plugin ).
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (in storage SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

I don't use Spotify any more, but I would think that it should still work. Have you checked to confirm that Triode's (unofficial) Spotify plugin is still active after you rebooted? It's possible it needs to be updated to go with the new LMS.

I am using triodes spotify plugin, but not in that case.

It also happened when I upgraded from 7.7.0 to 7.7.1

First I thought that it was a new feature in 7.7.2, but when I restarted my ReadyNas I was disappointed.

I am 100% sure that I was using the official Spotify app because when I update LMS on a ReadyNas I have do uninstall LMS and run a Squeezeclean application. This also deleted triodes spotify plugin

No you can't have been using the official app for boom and duet it will not work and have never worked believe me

You can have both the official and third party plugin installed at the same time and they will interact somehow ( never tried as I use the unofficial plugin ) .

But triodes plugin is generally better anyway so just install it again if you wiped it duringnthe reinstall ?

Btw this was probably the last time you had to do the cleaning routine for the ready NAS, in the future you just install over the old one and don't loose settings ( just like on any other platform )
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (in storage SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-s View Post
    I am using triodes spotify plugin, but not in that case.
    I don't understand what that means. You need to use Triode's unofficial plugin to play Spotify on any SB except for the Touch and Radio. As Mnyb says, Triode's plugin also works with the Touch and Radio, so it's possible to use only Triode's plugin.

You say Triode's plugin was deleted. Did you reinstall it? And after reinstalling it, did you check the settings to confirm that it is active?