Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

using an exixting MySql istance

Hello all
    in ordert to use Album Catalog Creator, i tried to install MySQL.
    I followed instructions found here http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.ph...gMySQLInstance
    and here http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=74876 (editing db name and user) but it doesn't work as when I restart media server the db source line in server.pref change in dbsource: dbi:SQLite:dbname=C:\ProgramData\Squeezebox\Cache\ library.db
    All works but using the embedded instance.

My setup is: win 7/64 bit; MySQL 5.5.22 (64 bit); Media server 7.7.3 - r33913 (as I tried also to upgrade with the last build)
    Any suggestion?
    I tried this solution as AAC doesn't work and I read that it cannot work with the embedded mysql lite; if there is another software or plugin to print the album list I could keep the original db configuration.

Thanks

Adriano

New versions of the server no longer use MySQL, but SQLite instead. The wiki is not very up-to-date, I guess
    My patch: Reduce brightness when screen saver is active for Touch (and maybe Radio)

Search the forums, the details are here to use MySql with 7.7 it's working for me.

Unfortunately, 7.7.2 still uses sqlite for the file cache so you end up using mysql and sqlite at the same time.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 4-Classics, 2-Booms, 1-Reverted UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Unfortunately, 7.7.2 still uses sqlite for the file cache so you end up using mysql and sqlite at the same time.
    That's not necessarily unfortunate. The file cache seems to be handled well by SQLite, as is the (resized) artwork cache.

Quote Originally Posted by adriano View Post
    in ordert to use Album Catalog Creator, i tried to install MySQL.
    I followed instructions found here http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.ph...gMySQLInstance
    and here http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=74876 (editing db name and user) but it doesn't work as when I restart media server the db source line in server.pref change in dbsource: dbi:SQLite:dbname=C:\ProgramData\Squeezebox\Cache\ library.db
    Are you sure you:

a) Stopped the server before manually editing server.prefs?

b) Added the following line to server.prefs?

dbtype: MySQL

I suspect that you missed b). The server will revert back to SQLite if you don't explicitly tell it to use MySQL.

Quote Originally Posted by JJZolx View Post
    That's not necessarily unfortunate. The file cache seems to be handled well by SQLite, as is the (resized) artwork cache.
    I agree, but it could do equally well if the cache tables were created in the mysql database. As it is now we're using two database engines in the server.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 4-Classics, 2-Booms, 1-Reverted UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by JJZolx View Post
    Are you sure you:

a) Stopped the server before manually editing server.prefs?

b) Added the following line to server.prefs?

dbtype: MySQL

I suspect that you missed b). The server will revert back to SQLite if you don't explicitly tell it to use MySQL.
    hello all
    thanks for the reply.
    a) yes.
    b) this is missing. I will try
    thanks again

Adriano