Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Thread: Update 7.7.2

Update 7.7.2

The installation of the latest update was quick and without trouble. It all works just fine. There is only one annoying issue - I am getting now the message that I do not have permission to start server (I am running it under Windows 7 x64) and that I have to right-click the icon and use option Run as Administrator. This error message is written in red letters in the console program of the squeezebox server app. But everything is working and therefore it can be simply ignored.

Rescan also shows another value of total albums than the previous version.

Update 7.7.2

I have the same issue. Yesterday I could right click the desktop icon and select run as administrator, but today this doesn't work and I have to use the Start menu icon. I also use Windows 7 x64. Would anyone from Logitech care to comment?

Wink Update 7.7.2

I had the same issue, but used the properties of the link on the desktop to set the execution STANDARD to ADMINISTRATOR. And that works (if you don't mind the dark screen before...).
    And, BTW, is it not so strange to protect your program properties against (hazardly?) being changed by other users, I think...

Quote Originally Posted by DejanM View Post
    The installation of the latest update was quick and without trouble. It all works just fine. There is only one annoying issue - I am getting now the message that I do not have permission to start server (I am running it under Windows 7 x64) and that I have to right-click the icon and use option Run as Administrator. This error message is written in red letters in the console program of the squeezebox server app. But everything is working and therefore it can be simply ignored.

Rescan also shows another value of total albums than the previous version.
    Exactly the same issue exists in W7 32 just for info....

Quote Originally Posted by Bert1707 View Post
    I had the same issue, but used the properties of the link on the desktop to set the execution STANDARD to ADMINISTRATOR. And that works (if you don't mind the dark screen before...).
    And, BTW, is it not so strange to protect your program properties against (hazardly?) being changed by other users, I think...
    I just did what you suggested but I am still getting the red error message ... The server works though ... just like before ...

There is another bug. Rescan remains hanging. When I click on Abort button and then do rescan, everything works fine. This repeats every time ...

It is not crucial bug but it nerves.

Quote Originally Posted by DejanM View Post
    There is another bug. Rescan remains hanging. When I click on Abort button and then do rescan, everything works fine. This repeats every time ...

It is not crucial bug but it nerves.
    I'm on the latest 7.8 and a while ago I stopped seeing this. I suspect 33883 as the change that fixed it. You can get this in that latest build of 7.7.3 or in 7.8.

YMMV, of course.
    2 SB3, 1 Duet
    Debian Squeeze server LMS 7.8.0
    Netgear WNR2000V3 wireless network.