Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Something I have not seen before

Was tagging an album today and saw something I have not noticed before. In Mp3Tag I right clicked and selected extended tags. This is what I saw-
    WAVEFORMATEXTENSIBLE_CHANNEL_MASK w a value of 0x0000. I do not know where it came from and could not find a way to delete it.

Anyone know what it is and if it's a potential problem w LMS ?

The album is a live concert downloaded from TTD Gillian Welch Live And Obscure

I have no idea what it is, and doubt it will cause any problems with LMS. What happened when you tried to delete it the usual way in mp3tag? Where the "usual way" for me is opening the extended tag box via Alt-T, selecting the tag in question, and clicking the appropriate button (if I remember correctly it has a big X).

What type of file is it (FLAC, ALAC, MP3, etc.)?

I was trying to delete it incorrectly. It's now gone.
    They are FLAC files. The WAVEFORM portion made me think it was somehow connected to a WAV file. But they are not WAV.
    Plays fine in Squeezeplay.
    Last edited by dasmueller; 2012-03-30 at 12:06. Reason: addition

Quote Originally Posted by dasmueller View Post
    Was tagging an album today and saw something I have not noticed before. In Mp3Tag I right clicked and selected extended tags. This is what I saw-
    WAVEFORMATEXTENSIBLE_CHANNEL_MASK w a value of 0x0000. I do not know where it came from and could not find a way to delete it.
    Why can't you delete it? The big red X in Mp3tag's extended tags dialog doesn't work?

The album is a live concert downloaded from TTD Gillian Welch Live And Obscure
    It shouldn't cause any problems. LMS will simply ignore fields that it doesn't recognize.

Quote Originally Posted by dasmueller View Post

That tag contains channel assignments. Normally you'd only need to see it in a multichannel FLAC.

you'll see those tags for any tracks ripped from DVD-Audio
    SqueezeWand | Vivere DAC MKI | ATC SCA2 | ATC SCM100ASLT

Linux finally gets a great audio tagger: puddletag - now packaged in most Linux distributions.