Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Thread: Rhapsody $4.99

Rhapsody $4.99

Rhapsody has a $4.99 "basic plan" that is streaming only (no mobile device downloads) that works with Squeezebox. You have to call customer service and request the "basic plan" as Rhapsody doesn't advertise it.

Rhapsody Basic

Quote Originally Posted by Keagy View Post
    Rhapsody has a $4.99 "basic plan" that is streaming only (no mobile device downloads) that works with Squeezebox. You have to call customer service and request the "basic plan" as Rhapsody doesn't advertise it.
    There's a way to get around this and get Rhapsody basic without calling CC. Go to Your Account>Cancel Subscription. When you get to the next screen they offer you an option to switch to Rhapsody basic. One click and its done.

folks,
    thanks for the great tip!

Rhapsody - Is it worth $5

With the endless selection of free music stations and free music apps available on SB for $0 what is the plus/minus of paying for a monthly service. Not to mention your own free music collection.

Would like opinions on these pay services:

- Rhapsody
    - MOG
    - Spotify

Thank you in advance

You mean "your own already-paid-for music collection"... ;-)

Anyway, in my opinion the big plus of the music services that cost money (MOG, Rhapsody, Spotify, maybe others) is that they are on-demand. You specify exactly what track or album you want to play, and if it's in their library, it plays. Other services such as Pandora, Slacker, Last.fm are fine for playing music that is _like_ the track you want to hear, but they won't let you pick any track you like and then play it, and afaik they don't play full albums at all.

I currently have subscriptions to MOG and Rhapsody, each $5/month. I'm generally happy with them, but they are a bit redundant so I may drop Rhapsody in 2013. Other than each service having some music that the other one doesn't, the big (relative) negative for Rhapsody is that it won't play on my iPeng player, whereas MOG will. And the bitrate of MOG tracks is generally higher than Rhapsody's.

I used Spotify for a few months, but I didn't like the Spotify interface with SB as much, and as far as I know their pricing starts at $10/month.

Quote Originally Posted by aubuti View Post
    I used Spotify for a few months, but I didn't like the Spotify interface with SB as much, and as far as I know their pricing starts at $10/month.
    yeah me to, i don't like the Spotify interface

----------------------------------
    jav mediafire

Quote Originally Posted by nnghia509 View Post
    yeah me to, i don't like the Spotify interface
    Some people do, some don't - I love it.

I had spotify and rhapsody. I dropped spotify because I thought the interface was horrible. It was like they put the tunes out there and left it up to the community to devise ways of organizing it and making it accessible. I also got tired of encountering albums that were not licensed for the us. I'm really happy with rhapsody and use it with my android play a lot to download albums to play in my car. The most recent update of the rhapsody app for android is awesome.

My whole family uses rhapsody, so it is worth the premium price for us. It saves paying for a lot of tween music for my 8 year old daughter :-) .
    Rich
    ---------
    Setup: 2 SB3s, 4 Booms, 1 Duet, 1 Receiver, 1 Touch, iPeng on iPod Touch, SqueezeCommander, OrangeSqueeze, and SqueezePlayer on Xoom and Galaxy Player 4.2. CentOS 6.3 Server running LogitechMediaServer 7.7.2 and SqueezeSlave.
    Current library stats: 40,810 songs, 3,153 albums, 582 artists.
    http://www.last.fm/user/maggior