Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Found a bug in Slim::Formats::Playlists::M3U::read

I discovered an issue with 7.7.1 on Ubuntu 11.10 that when my playlists were scanned that the odd entries were duplicated and the even entries were passed over. After adding some additional logging to M3U.pm I found that the variable $trackurl was not being erased each time through the main loop in read. Thus after the first entry is processed at line 123
    if (!$trackurl) {
    $trackurl will have the previous entry in it. At least I think that's where it goes bad.

Anyways, I found that by moving the declaration for $trackurl inside the loop to line 55 this problem no longer occurs.

If you haven't already, you should create an account and file a formal bug report at:

http://bugs.slimdevices.com/

Will do.

After further reviewing the code I found that the issue is with relative paths only. There is a bug in the function where after creating a valid full filename by combining the relative path with the different media directories available resetting of the local variables is bypassed.

I've filed a bug against 7.7.1 detailing the problem and provided a suggested fix.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithLM View Post
    After further reviewing the code I found that the issue is with relative paths only. There is a bug in the function where after creating a valid full filename by combining the relative path with the different media directories available resetting of the local variables is bypassed.

I've filed a bug against 7.7.1 detailing the problem and provided a suggested fix.
    If you give us the bug numver and a URL, that will give folks a chance to vote for the bug. Bugs with more votes allegedly get more attention from the developers.

Here you go:
    Bug 17933