Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Agreed... I have a boom, sb3 and a duet and I find that the controller is just about the nicest way to do anything more complex than listening to a track from my library.

The hardware has its shortcomings like battery life and screen quality but it is quite old compared to things like modern mobile phones.

The interface on it though is top notch and nothing on a mobile comes close IMO.

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk 2

Hi,

just for info: I pulled the grilles off my boom a few minutes before. No damage on the speaker rubber. The cones are perfectly centered and don't scratch when pushed back.

The paper clip worked perfect for this task, thanks !

Roger
    SB Touch
    SB Boom
    SB Radio
    Thinkpad T400, Win 7 Pro 64bit, LMS 7.8.1

Quote Originally Posted by Roger66 View Post
    just for info: I pulled the grilles off my boom a few minutes before. No damage on the speaker rubber. The cones are perfectly centered and don't scratch when pushed back.
    I got my grilles off with a butter knife. I also have no damage to the speaker rubber. My Boom speakers are a bit off centre, but don't scratch when pushed back.

I was going to disassemble the case further to sand the reported sharp edges, but I found I need a long torx driver to get the case apart. I have torx bits for my socket set but the bit holder is too wide to fit in the recess for the screws. I'd have to take the Boom to a shop to find the correct long torx driver I need to buy to disassemble it. Given I'm not really sure whether there is a problem or not I decided to give up at this point.