Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

API - call to specific apps

Hey everyone,

First post here, and I'm pretty green when it comes to the squeezebox so take it easy on me

I'm regularly installing squeezeboxes for clients lately. We are using a 3rd party control system (savant) to control them. Savant has developed a "driver" for the squeezebox that works very well. The end user is able to use their iOS device to control the squeezebox with full 2-way feedback etc.

One issue that I'm having is the number of steps required to access pandora stations. The user interface requires that you navigate through a few layers of menus until you are finally at your list of stations. I have inquired with savant about having a button on the iOS device that would cut through those extra steps and take you straight to th desired app (in this case pandora)

The answer I got was that there are no "hooks" to particular apps in the squeezebox API.

I know this is not a lot of info to go on. Im simply hoping to put some feelers out there and see if anyone might be able to point me in the right direction? Even very general information about how to research this topic would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much!
    JG

Actually that's wrong.
    You can't skip menu levels _within_ the pandora menu but pandora is an XMLBrowser command and you can directly get the pandora main menu. It's even documented in the CLI docs.
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 8, the Universal App for iOS 7 and iOS 8

Thanks pippin! Like I said I'm not very savvy with this stuff but it's good to know that it's there. I'll take a look. Any advice for someone just getting started? White papers or anything of that nature?

Thanks again,
    JG

Well, the CLI spec in the documentation that comes with the server. "Help->Technical documentation->Command line interface" or something like that.
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 8, the Universal App for iOS 7 and iOS 8