Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphpnj View Post
    I'll keep this short and sweet.

Her best recording in many years and one of her best ever. Highly recommended.
    I'm a big fan. Got the new album but only had chance to listen once. Early impressions favourable though.

Quote Originally Posted by bitstopjoe View Post
    WOW so I am not "allowed" to reply to a post with my opinion huh?
    YA VOL MEIN kommandant..
    Is that the Pope who was a member of the Hitler Youth?

Thumbs down

Wonder why the lady is so controversial .

If you think her music is a bit daft these days that's ok.

But consider that she writes it and plays it herself that puts her heads and shoulder before any of the prettier girls that invades the charts with thier nonsense .

And half the hip-hip and r&b scene seems more criminal to me, but that's expected so no one cares and is also a part of the image* and their minders sorry agents probably tell them to behave in public.
    And what about all the hotel room crashing rockers, but that's also expected and in character .
    Mötley Crüe anyone ?

Clearly there are limits to what Irish catolic girls are allowed to be, it just reflects back as prejudice to me.
    Pretty tame if you ask me she may need to work on her pr apparently appearance is everything.
    Far more nuttier artists have done better pr and we will probably never know about some of them

One of my favourite artist Miles Davies seems to have been a real fruitcake if you go by his probably censored autobiography .

But maybe if you are a genius you are forgiven any eccentric stuff , but not so if you are a more normally performing artist .

* this also some kind of prejudice, they think they sell more be being "gangsta" and sadly they may be correct
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (in storage SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Quote Originally Posted by Apesbrain View Post
    I'll check it out but I'm afraid I'm old-school: "The Lion And The Cobra" has to be one of the best debut albums of all time. Second album is also awesome.
    Fantastic album - I bought it shortly after it was released, a stunning debut. As you say, "I do not want that I have not got" was also great. I don't think she matched them with her later stuff but I'll be giving the new one a try.

WOW so I am not "allowed" to reply to a post with my opinion huh?
    YA VOL MEIN kommandant..
    That's Jawohl, Einstein.

Sorry I lost my NAZI handbook with the correct spelling, care to lend me yours???
    Joe Sica
    2 SB Radio's ( 1 black and 1 white) and 1 Touch ( Analog cap mod)

Sorry I lost my NAZI handbook with the correct spelling, care to lend me yours???
    The language is called 'German', not 'Nazi'. But why bother getting your facts straight now?

Jawohl
    Joe Sica
    2 SB Radio's ( 1 black and 1 white) and 1 Touch ( Analog cap mod)