Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Miksis View Post
    Haven't really thought it through, but I guess I mean:
    1) A special screensaver with both a clock and artwork
    2) The normal dock clock screensaver
    3) and 4) Nothing
    Need to think about this some more.
    But I do like it to show something when it's in the dock, because that means I can keep my app running all the time when the tablet is in the dock and do something useful independent if Squeezebox is playing something or not.

Possibly it could be possible to integrate it with the RSS Photo Show app I released yesterday on Google Play (Android Market): https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...n.rssphotoshow

Kind of let the apps interact, so when something is playing on the Squeezebox it shows Squeeze Display and when it's not playing it automatically switch to RSS Photo Show and vice versa.

Another alternative I've also thought about is to let Squeeze Display show images from artists from your complete library when nothing is playing. That would result in a personal image slide show.

Or maybe show images for the artists played during the last week or something similar.

Does anyone else have some cool idea regarding what you would like to see on your tablet when nothing is playing on the Squeezebox and the tablet is in the docking station ?
    Erland Isaksson (My homepage)
    Lead platform developer of ickStream Music Platform - A world of music at your fingertips

(Also developer of many plugins/applets)

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    Erland - if you're interested in my Perl code for this feature, let me
    know. There are a few tweaks to work around above issues (optimizing for
    the Swiss music scene), but in general it does work pretty well already
    for pop/rock.
    Not sure I'd like to get into this area as I'm a bit afraid that it will result in a lot of work for something I don't use myself.

However, if you like, you can send me the code and I can at least take a look at it and see if I can do something simple with it. It's hard to judge before I've seen how much work it involves.
    Lead platform developer of ickStream Music Platform - A world of music at your fingertips

Android tablet app for logitech boom

Erland,

I've encountered a few situations where the app would lose connection to
    the server (eg. server restart) and not re-connect. Sometimes I was able
    to select a different server, than back to the first one. But in some
    cases the app crashed too. Any way I can provide you with log output or
    more debug information?

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    I've encountered a few situations where the app would lose connection to
    the server (eg. server restart) and not re-connect. Sometimes I was able
    to select a different server, than back to the first one. But in some
    cases the app crashed too. Any way I can provide you with log output or
    more debug information?
    The reconnection logic is missing in the current version.
    I'll try to release a corrected version as soon as possible.

Hmm... one more odd thing: when playing some online resource (internet radio or music on demand service like MOG) when I start the app would result in a constant radio tower icon. The metadata displayed is correct though.
    Michael

http://www.herger.net/slim-plugins - Spotty, MusicArtistInfo

Great, would love something for dock mode for my tablet. Will install and try out tonight.
    Louis
    Last.fm

I've been using this for a while and really like the ability to easily see what's playing and a variety of artwork. Much more stable in the current version.

Would it be possible to have an option to select what tag you want to use for picking the artwork?

For instance, I just added the latest Shins album and it has The Shins as Album Artist and James Mercer as Composer. The Squeeze Display is picking up the Composer tag and displaying James Mercer at the top and showing James Mercer photos.

-Chris

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisNY View Post
    I've been using this for a while and really like the ability to easily see what's playing and a variety of artwork. Much more stable in the current version.

Would it be possible to have an option to select what tag you want to use for picking the artwork?

For instance, I just added the latest Shins album and it has The Shins as Album Artist and James Mercer as Composer. The Squeeze Display is picking up the Composer tag and displaying James Mercer at the top and showing James Mercer photos.
    Currently the priority is:
    - artist
    - band
    - conductor
    - composer
    - albumartist
    - trackartist

The reason albumartist is so low is becuase there is this special "Various Artist" entry which always is set on my compilation album and that string is really useless for finding images. So if you would have set the ARTIST tag it would behave correctly.

I could prioritize ALBUMARTIST higher and have an exception for the string "Various Artists", the issue is just that it's localized in SBS/LMS so there is a different string depending on which language you have configured in SBS/LMS.

Thanks for sharing the priority list. Probably better to get my artist tags consistently populated. This was a good way to raise the issue for me. Always room for improvement in my tagging.
    -Chris

I got this working on the Kindle Fire, had to wait for the USB cable to arrive. Works great! Thanks Erland.
    My Last.fm Page
    PGAScores & CollegeHockey (SuperDateTime Add-ons)