Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Hybrid View

Is it possible to change timeout?

Most radio-station I like us use as wakeup-alarm are quite slow with their response. Most of the times the response is so slow that the SBR will turn on the fallback-alarm which is very annoying. Therefore I would like to change the waiting-time that the SBR is waiting for the stream to come up before it decides to trigger the fallback-alarm. Does anyone know if en where I can change this. As this is not available for "normal" users and I have sufficient Linux-knowledge, it is not problem if the solution can be found in the CLI of the system.

This is a LMS / mysb.com setting as the server does the initial contact with the station and not the Radio.

When using a local LMS - it is WebUI Settings/Advanced/Network/Radio Station timeout

Not possible to change on mysb.com although there may be workarounds.

Many thanks, BPA! I'm aware that the SBR sends out a request to the stations and then waits for the stream to come up. The setting you mentioned has a different description, more a buffer-size. I had this already set to 10 seconds but changed it now to the max of 30 seconds. The extra delay is no problem as it keeps me sleeping for 20 seconds longer. I will test this and respond with the results.

No - the Radio sends a http request for a station such as ASX or pls - this is received by LMS or mysb.com. LMS/mysb.com then sends the request to the destionation which will return a playable URL. The delay between request for playlost and response is the Radio Station Timeout.

The playable URL extract from playlist by LMS is then sent to radio and radio request a connection and will wait until buffer timeout is filled. This is Radio Station Buffer time - it is in fact a measure of buffer space and not a delay.