Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > And how about a rating system to Implement trackstat-style (free)
    > functionalities in the core product ? Ideally complemented with a way

One of the oldest and most popular feature requests...

http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=142

But hey, this thread is about the 7.7.2 bug fix release!
    So let's keep voting and maybe it will make it into 7.8...or 7.9...

Until then, setting and viewing ratings for a single song is actually still free in TrackStat, it's all the browsing and smart playlist functionality that makes it useful which requires a license.

So when implementing enhancement 142 I believe we need more than just ability to set rating on a single song to make it feel like something new.
    Erland Isaksson (My homepage)
    (Developer of many plugins/applets (both free and commercial).
    If you like to encourage future presence on this forum and/or third party plugin/applet development, consider purchasing some plugins)

Interested in the future of music streaming ? ickStream - A world of music at your fingertips.

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > And how about a rating system to Implement trackstat-style (free)
    > functionalities in the core product ? Ideally complemented with a way

One of the oldest and most popular feature requests...

http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=142

But hey, this thread is about the 7.7.2 bug fix release!

--

Michael
    I think this thread is about the Potential end of life of 7.7 and the new 7.8. Unless i missread the first post.
    Last edited by reniera; 2012-03-13 at 12:47.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster View Post
    And how about finally sorting out the DHCP code on the Receiver so we don't have to factory reset them after a power outage if our router is on anything other than 192.168.0/1.1?
    My router is 172.x.x.1 and I never see this issue. And my DHCP server isn't even my router anymore, so it's being found by broadcast for sure.
    2 SB3, 1 Duet
    Debian Squeeze server LMS 7.8.0
    Netgear WNR2000V3 wireless network.

Quote Originally Posted by Millwood View Post
    My router is 172.x.x.1 and I never see this issue. And my DHCP server isn't even my router anymore, so it's being found by broadcast for sure.
    There's clearly more than one DHCP issue then. Mine is also 172.x.x.1 and worked fine until one of the updates broke it, so now I have to do a factory reset every time a Receiver is powered off. Others on 192 networks have found that they have to move their router to .1 for it to work or they see the same issue.

Regardless, it's broken in its current state and needs to be fixed.
    Two track 1's and no track 2 after a scan for new and changed? Please vote for serious scanning bug 17782
    Receiver stuck at blue LED state after reboot? Please vote for bug 17462

Will 7.7.2 be released?

>Also, I want the old functionality to
    >be able to see albums by an ALBUMARTIST only, not all the albums they
    >feature on. Why this was removed I don't know, but when you have
    >artists that feature on lots of albums and have lots of albums in their
    >own right, sometimes you want to be able to filter these. In the (good)
    >old days you could click on the Album Artist hyperlink and only see
    >their actual albums.

That seems the wrong approach to me. I found it very confusing to click an artist link and only see partial content because it was always filtering out based on the type of contributor role that was clicked. e.g. if playing random songs and a song is playing where the artist was a guest performer, and you wanted to see other material by that artist, navigating to the artist only showed other songs where the artist was a guest performer on an album.

I'd expect that clicking an artist name to always show all work involving that artist.

Once there, it would sometimes be handy to provide a way to filter/sort/group.

e.g. set the default view to provide the list of all albums that the artist has some involvement in, but sorted or grouped such that you see normal albums first, followed by guest appearances (e.g often compilation albums). Or when viewing a list of albums by an artist, provide a context action to:

Show albums >
    All
    Normal albums
    Guest Appearances
    Compositions
    Conducted

Either radio buttons (pick a single mode for display), or checkboxes (choose the types of involvement to display).

Quote Originally Posted by Philip Meyer View Post
    >Also, I want the old functionality to
    >be able to see albums by an ALBUMARTIST only, not all the albums they
    >feature on. Why this was removed I don't know, but when you have
    >artists that feature on lots of albums and have lots of albums in their
    >own right, sometimes you want to be able to filter these. In the (good)
    >old days you could click on the Album Artist hyperlink and only see
    >their actual albums.

That seems the wrong approach to me. I found it very confusing to click an artist link and only see partial content because it was always filtering out based on the type of contributor role that was clicked.
    No, you didn't. When you clicked on an artist you got the albums they were an artist on, or the albumartist of. If you clicked on an individual album you'd see both the Artist and Album Artist listed for that album, both hyperlinked, meaning you could click on the Album Artist link and see only those albums where they were actually the album artist.

That made perfect sense and it's the behaviour I want back. Currently there is no way to search for a specific album artist.
    Two track 1's and no track 2 after a scan for new and changed? Please vote for serious scanning bug 17782

[QUOTE=paulster;695656]I have to do a factory reset every time a Receiver is powered off [QUOTE]

My Router is 192.168.0.1 and I always power off my equipment when I am done using it. No problem
    Main: Receiver (Audiocom) -> Beresford Caiman+ (Gatorized) -> Carver A-500x -> B&W 704
    Office: Receiver -> Luxman L-210 -> Stax SR84 Pro
    -> Beresford Bushmaster -> Superlux HD668B
    Server: A8-5500, 4 GB, SSD+ 2*1 TB, Win8 w. SBS 7.9.0 (SQLite w. High Mem)
    Tied together by D-Link DIR-655 + DGS-1008D

Will 7.7.2 be released?

>No, you didn't. When you clicked on an artist you got the albums they
    >were an artist on, or the albumartist of.

No I don't.

>If you clicked on an individual album you'd see both the Artist and Album Artist listed for
    >that album, both hyperlinked, meaning you could click on the Album
    >Artist link and see only those albums where they were actually the
    >album artist.
    >

Not true - you see Album Artist and Track Artist links (and Band, Composer and Conductor links too, where appropriate), but not an Artist link.

An Example:

What I am seeing in SBS 7.5.6 web app and classic player interfaces is the following:

"Curiosities Volume 1"
    Album Artist: Brian Eno
    Track Artists: Brian Eno, Robert Fripp

Browse to album Curiosities Volume 1 in Web App:

Clicking album artist "Brian Eno" will show all albums where Brian Eno has an Album Artist tag (4 albums), NOT also his normal albums.

Clicking track artist "Brian Eno" will show all albums where Brian Eno appears as a track artist only (5 albums). This will be all albums where Brian Eno has an Album Artist tag, plus some other albums where he appeared as a guest on someone else's album, but NOT also his normal albums.

Clicking Band/Orchestra "Brian Eno" will show only albums where Brian Eno has been tagged as a band (1 album).

There is no obvious way to browse to Brian Eno from this album to see all other work that Brian Eno has been involved in (i.e. show his normal albums, for which I have many more than 5!).

This made no sense to me, so I think the current behaviour is much improved. I'd rather see too much, than too little.

The behaviour in Touch interface in SBS 7.5.6 is the same as LMS now functions everywhere. Touching any artist role link (artist, album artist, track artist, band, etc) will always show all albums where that the artist has had any involvement.

SBS 7.6 and later have standardised the interface, attempting to make functionality the same across different interfaces, and the Touch interface behaviour was the behaviour chosen.

Fair enough, so they now show Artist rather than Track Artist. But there's still no reason not to have an additional Album Artist hyperlink available like they used to in order to see just that artist's own albums.

Surely that's not going to confuse you?

MrSinatra
    Quote Originally Posted by erland View Post
    So let's keep voting and maybe it will make it into 7.8...or 7.9...

Until then, setting and viewing ratings for a single song is actually still free in TrackStat, it's all the browsing and smart playlist functionality that makes it useful which requires a license.

So when implementing enhancement 142 I believe we need more than just ability to set rating on a single song to make it feel like something new.
    its very disheartening to continue voting when this is how its viewed:

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=94109