Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dangerusty
    • Feb 2012

Multiple Squeezeplay Instances, UUID?

I'm looking to run multiple instances of Squeezeplay with different MAC addresses, UUIDs, and alsa playback devices.

I fired up /opt/squeezeplay/bin/squeezeplay.sh, it created ~/.squeezeplay/userpath/settings/. I then made copies of /opt/squeezeplay/ and ~/.squeezeplay/userpath/settings/. For each copy of /opt/squeezeplay/, I changed /opt/squeezeplay/share/jive/jive/AppletManager.lua where it does "getuserpath", and changed the "/settings" string to the copied /settings folder for each instance.

This worked for different audio outputs, but when I made up different MAC addresses, they still operated as if they had the same identity to the server. I changed the UUID for each, and they wouldn't connect to the server.

How does that initial UUID get generated? Is that during the build process, or at first launch? Is it based on something specific?
  • dangerusty
    • Feb 2012

I removed the settings directories and relaunched each player instance so it created new settings directories, and they generate different UUIDs.

I'm still having the issue of not being able to connect to my library with a fake MAC address.

Comment

• dangerusty
      • Feb 2012

It turns out you have to set the bogus mac address in DesktopJive.lua, as well as SlimDiscovery.lua ("playerId" & "currentPlayer"). Then it connects to the server.

All is well so far.
      Last edited by dangerusty; 2012-03-13, 00:22.

Comment

• JJZolx
        • Apr 2005

If you're trying to implement multiple players on a computer with multiple sound cards, it may be easier to use SqueezeSlave. I seem to recall that specifying the MAC address can easily be done from the command line. There's no UUID except on the server side.

Comment

• dangerusty
          • Feb 2012

Originally posted by JJZolx
          If you're trying to implement multiple players on a computer with multiple sound cards, it may be easier to use SqueezeSlave. I seem to recall that specifying the MAC address can easily be done from the command line. There's no UUID except on the server side.
          I tried SqueezeSlave and had the following issues:

On Windows 7, I had to use different sound cards for each instance, and then they wouldn't play in sync when set to synchronized (I tried tweaking the delay/etc settings on the server for each player). I've heard there's new development with a "zones" switch on squeezeslave that would let you use specific channels on a multichannel card, but I haven't gotten it to work.

On Ubuntu, I used a pulseaudio configuration to split one of my surround sound cards into 3 stereo cards. This worked great for syncing, but the squeezeslave players kept disappearing on the server. I tried a variety of command line switches with different values, to no avail. They don't do this under Windows 7.

Comment

• raptor_demon
            • Nov 2009

Originally posted by dangerusty
            I tried SqueezeSlave and had the following issues:

On Windows 7, I had to use different sound cards for each instance, and then they wouldn't play in sync when set to synchronized (I tried tweaking the delay/etc settings on the server for each player). I've heard there's new development with a "zones" switch on squeezeslave that would let you use specific channels on a multichannel card, but I haven't gotten it to work.

On Ubuntu, I used a pulseaudio configuration to split one of my surround sound cards into 3 stereo cards. This worked great for syncing, but the squeezeslave players kept disappearing on the server. I tried a variety of command line switches with different values, to no avail. They don't do this under Windows 7.
            hi were you ever able to make this work with multi sound cards?

Raptor

Comment

Working...