Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Unhappy SqueezeBox Server Hides Music Folder

I just bought a SqueezeBox Touch. I own a Netgear ReadyNas Ultra2... firmware is 4.2.19. I installed the SqueezeBox Server using the instructions from LogiTech's website. My SqueezeBox Touch now plays all my music files from the ReadyNas just fine. The problem was WMP could not play any of the music files... and I used WMP to rip them all onto the ReadyNas. Also I could no longer see any of the folders under ReadyNas Media/ folders... for example Music does not show up, Pictures does not show up. I tried removing the SqueezeBox Server under the ReadyNas/Services/Streming Services (clicked Remove)... but after everything rebooted my Music can not be found by WMP, and can not find any folders on the ReadyNas, under the Media folders.

Need adivce,

George

Unhappy

Hi,

Here is an update to my post above... I tried running Clean_SqueezeCenter, after the ReadyNas rebooted I now get this message when I log back into ReadyNas... "Unsuccesful Droping SqueezeCenter Databas".

George

Thumbs up

Nevermind... I found the answer to my problem in your ReadyNas Beta forum. After installing this firmware (RAIDiator-x86 4.2.20 [T40]) on my ReadyNas, everything is OK.

George

Yeah, the root cause of the issue is a script that Netgear runs at startup, which they've fixed in their latest beta.

Logitech has provided a workaround for the issue in their latest beta as well, by using a hidden folder name, in case you don't want to install beta firmware.
    Squeezebox devices: Boom, Duet, and Radio
    DLNA devices: Sony Bravia TV, WMP11 on Win7
    LMS 7.7.2 running on a ReadyNAS Ultra 2 Plus