Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

best LMS front end(s) for a tablet Windows pc?

I'm about to buy a new laptop, and have been thinking about getting a Lenovo X220, which converts to tablet mode with a multitouch screen. Are there any good LMS frontends for this kind of hardware at present? I like iPeng on my iPod touch, and I'd be pleasantly amazed if there were anything comparable for a Windows touchscreen. And if there's nothing comparable, what's the best there is at present? Thanks.

Port the Touch and/or Nokia770 skins from SBS to LMS?

I just copied the Nokia770 skin folder from my old SBS dir to my LMS install. Restarted LMS and the skin *just worked* ...or seemed to in Google Chrome.

How would Moose interact with a touch screen windows PC ?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Quote Originally Posted by gharris999 View Post
    Port the Touch and/or Nokia770 skins from SBS to LMS?

I just copied the Nokia770 skin folder from my old SBS dir to my LMS install. Restarted LMS and the skin *just worked* ...or seemed to in Google Chrome.
    Thanks, that's a good start for what I had in mind. Does the 1-by-1 Artwork work for you? I get a list sorted by artistsort. The scrolling is a little glitchy, maybe because I have LMS set to very long lists. But still, it's more functional than I expected it to be after all the 'onebrowser' changes.

I've tried both and prefer the Android. The apple stuff has more polish and shine and the iOS stuff can be pretty cool, but it's expensive to upgrade. Android tablets, on the other hand, can be purchased dirt-cheap if you know where to look and have almost identical functionality. The best tablet pc is especially nice, with gesture-based controls and a slick, tabbed interface a la Chrome. It also runs flash, which is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by bugmenot View Post
    I've tried both and prefer the Android. The apple stuff has more polish and shine and the iOS stuff can be pretty cool, but it's expensive to upgrade. Android tablets, on the other hand, can be purchased dirt-cheap if you know where to look and have almost identical functionality. The best tablet pc is especially nice, with gesture-based controls and a slick, tabbed interface a la Chrome. It also runs flash, which is nice.
    Thanks, but in this case I am replacing a "real pc", that is, a desktop replacement that needs to do computing tasks far beyond what a 1.2GHz 512MB RAM tablet can do. And looking for a Windows interface for when the pc does secondary duty as a SB interface. For a lot of tasks the tablets can replace the pc, but for other tasks they are still completely inadequate.

best LMS front end(s) for a tabletWindows pc?

On 10 March 2012 09:46, Mnyb
    <Mnyb.597g9z1331372881 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com> wrote:
    >
    > How would Moose interact with a touch screen windows PC ?

Not tried it for a while, but it should work fine..
    There's touch-screen mode down one of the menus which makes the main
    buttons, tabs and text bigger and more clickable..

--
    - Dr Lovegrove
    http://www.rusticrhino.com/drlovegrove
    http://groups.google.com/group/moosenews

Has anyone had any luck having the Touch skin work on 7.9?

It loads up but most of the functionality is missing!

Quote Originally Posted by aubuti View Post
    I'm about to buy a new laptop, and have been thinking about getting a Lenovo X220, which converts to tablet mode with a multitouch screen. Are there any good LMS frontends for this kind of hardware at present? I like iPeng on my iPod touch, and I'd be pleasantly amazed if there were anything comparable for a Windows touchscreen. And if there's nothing comparable, what's the best there is at present? Thanks.
    Have you looked at Squeezecontrol in the windows store?

I need a web skin file that works on IE. This is to intagrate the Html into home automation tablets so all controls are under one app. The Webserver for homeseer uses IE to host any local site

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk