Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    However it is not clear what has changed to avoid this issue - either there was a UK based mysb.com (don't think so), Tunein/Radio time got the correct URL or BBC had a different form of geo-locking.
    I observe the following code in Slim::Utils::Scanner::Remote (SBS 7.6.1):
    Code:
    if ( main::SLIM_SERVICE && $url =~ /(?:radiotime|tunein\.com)/ ) {
    	# Add real client IP for Radiotime so they can do proper geo-location
    	$request->header( 'X-Forwarded-For' => $client->ip );
    }
    I suppose that this deals with RadioTime geolocation issues with mysb.com. But, as it doesn't come into play from a local server, I am somewhat distrustful of RadioTime's offering at this point.

I do not recall a UK based mysb.com. I have a (flawed?) memory of a German based data centre, but there's a rumour that it is currently located around the back of a Tesco's, somewhere in Dublin.

Quote Originally Posted by mrw View Post
    I observe the following code in Slim::Utils::Scanner::Remote (SBS 7.6.1):
    Code:
    if ( main::SLIM_SERVICE && $url =~ /(?:radiotime|tunein\.com)/ ) {
    	# Add real client IP for Radiotime so they can do proper geo-location
    	$request->header( 'X-Forwarded-For' => $client->ip );
    }
    I suppose that this deals with RadioTime geolocation issues with mysb.com. But, as it doesn't come into play from a local server, I am somewhat distrustful of RadioTime's offering at this point.
    That code has been in LMS since about 2008 so it is not a recent change and may not be the whole story especially as some users had this BBC station issues in 2010. Perhaps Radiotime/Tunein made some changes and broke something.
    I do not recall a UK based mysb.com. I have a (flawed?) memory of a German based data centre, but there's a rumour that it is currently located around the back of a Tesco's, somewhere in Dublin.
    Last year a power outage in a transformer outside of Dublin (not behind a Tesco unless it is a distribution center) resulted in both Amazon and Microsoft datacentres going offline. At the time, I don't recall mysb.com being on an Amazon server but last year Eureopean mysb.com was definitely based in Germany. IIRC Also last year, after some problems with mysb.com UK was served for a time from the US.

There are a number of datacentres in Ireland because moderate climate means reduced AC requirements. See report on outage http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/...302360742.html
    Last edited by bpa; 2012-03-05 at 16:23.

There are a number of datacentres in Ireland because moderate climate means reduced AC requirements. See report on outage http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/...302360742.html
    An interesting read, as is the rationale for being in Ireland. I am understanding it as (somewhat oversimplified): Open windows can keep computers cooler.

The following probably explains the 'Tesco rumour' (in reality an off the cuff quip by a former Real Estate colleague). It seems that Amazon bought a Tesco distribution warehouse. http://www.techweekeurope.co.uk/news...services-21042

Quote Originally Posted by mrw View Post
    An interesting read, as is the rationale for being in Ireland. I am understanding it as (somewhat oversimplified): Open windows can keep computers cooler
    In winter as there is no need for extra heating as daytime avg temp in winter are around 8C and for Dublin/coastal location usually less than 10 days per year are below freezing. In summer - minimal cooling as temp normally only reach about 18-20C. Humidity is also moderate which also minimise AC requirements.
    Last edited by bpa; 2012-03-06 at 03:26.

Yes, many thanks BPA.
    So to summarize. These url's all work for me,in favourites, on my boom on mysqueezebox.com in Germany
    BBC Radio1
    mms://wmlive-nonacl.bbc.net.uk/wms/bbc_ami/radio1/radio1_bb_live_int_ep1_sl0

BBC Radio2
    mms://wmlive-nonacl.bbc.net.uk/wms/bbc_ami/radio2/radio2_bb_live_int_ep1_sl0

BBC Radio3
    mms://wmlive-nonacl.bbc.net.uk/wms/bbc_ami/radio3/radio3_bb_live_int_ep1_sl0

BBC Radio4
    mms://wmlive-nonacl.bbc.net.uk/wms/bbc_ami/radio4/radio4_bb_live_int_ep1_sl0

BBC Radio5
    mms://wmlive-nonacl.bbc.net.uk/wms/bbc_ami/radio5/radio5_bb_live_int_ep1_sl0

When I was streaming the BBC radio through LMS I found that the Boom continued to stream the radio when I switched my computer off (as long as didn,t alter anything...volume etc. I don't know what that's all about!

Quote Originally Posted by sunovbelial View Post
    Yes, many thanks BPA.
    Interesting, I thought this issue shouldn't have affected you (as a non-UK user) so it seems there is a new problem but with similar symptoms to old one except it seems to affect all mysb.com user (well maybe just European mysb.com server ones) not just UK only.

I am also having BBC issues, but I also am having problems with a couple more stations. I listen to WKIT and WZON out of Bangor, ME (I'm in the US) and had them both as favorites. Neither will play now, even though nothing seems to have changed on their end. I can listen directly from their website, so I guess I will play around when I have time to see if I can get them to work again.

Joel

A UK user will have a different URL probably something changes the "_int_" in the URL.
    It appears that the "_int_" is simply absent in the UK.
    In the past the following URL worked for UK users
    Code:
    mms://wmlive-acl.bbc.co.uk/wms/bbc_ami/radio1/radio1_bb_live_eq1_sl0#slim:noscan=1
    And still does, thanks for the tip.

I can confirm that, at present, using the BBC Radio applet both through mysb.com and local LMS is working from my UK based players.

Quote Originally Posted by sunovbelial View Post
    Yes, many thanks BPA.
    So to summarize. These url's all work for me,in favourites, on my boom on mysqueezebox.com in Germany
    BBC Radio1
    mms://wmlive-nonacl.bbc.net.uk/wms/bbc_ami/radio1/radio1_bb_live_int_ep1_sl0

BBC Radio2
    mms://wmlive-nonacl.bbc.net.uk/wms/bbc_ami/radio2/radio2_bb_live_int_ep1_sl0

BBC Radio3
    mms://wmlive-nonacl.bbc.net.uk/wms/bbc_ami/radio3/radio3_bb_live_int_ep1_sl0

BBC Radio4
    mms://wmlive-nonacl.bbc.net.uk/wms/bbc_ami/radio4/radio4_bb_live_int_ep1_sl0

BBC Radio5
    mms://wmlive-nonacl.bbc.net.uk/wms/bbc_ami/radio5/radio5_bb_live_int_ep1_sl0

When I was streaming the BBC radio through LMS I found that the Boom continued to stream the radio when I switched my computer off (as long as didn,t alter anything...volume etc. I don't know what that's all about!
    Thank you so much for this information...works beautifully on my Boom in Australia. Was worried I had lost those stations for good...

since this morning the usual .asx urls are working ... and thanks for that whoever is responsible.
    I'll add that none of the alternatives worked for me, I tried 'em all on my squeezebox ...