Can not listen to BBC Radio 1 station (from EU server outage)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Allen
    • Aug 2011

Same problem. No BBC

Yes, I have the same problem. All the major BBC stations [BBC Radio 1,2,3,5 and 6] all disappeared last Thursday. However I can still get the World Service, and some regional stations like BBC Radio Cornwall. I contacted Logitech 3 days ago and have had an acknowledgement but no solution. The main reason I bought the Squeezebox Boom was to be able to listen to the BBC here in Western Australia, and I'm most upset that suddenly, I can't. But I can listen to all the stations on my PC, so could it be a glitch in the Squeeze Network???

And by the way, I am running Firmware 57. Is that the latest and does the S/B update the firmware automatically?

Comment

• bpa
      • Oct 2005

Originally posted by jhoban
      since this morning the usual .asx urls are working ... and thanks for that whoever is responsible.
      I'll add that none of the alternatives worked for me, I tried 'em all on my squeezebox ...
      Are you in the UK ?

I've just retested and in Ireland there is still a problem with asx playlists and BBC app using an SB3 connected to mysb.com EU West datacenter.

edit:

On Touch devices the error "Connwection reset by local host" is shown.
      Last edited by bpa; 2012-03-07, 13:27.

Comment

• bpa
        • Oct 2005

THis problem is definitely a geo-ip issue. I got a log from Touch of the station that player is trying to play and it is the UK only URL whereas it should be the non UK URL (i.e should have "_int_" in the URL).
        Code:
        Mar  7 13:31:45 squeezeplay: INFO   audio.decode - decode_start_handler:279 init decoder wma,wmap,wmal
        Mar  7 13:31:45 squeezeplay: INFO   audio.decode - Playback.lua:476 connect 212.58.252.27:80 GET /wms/bbc_ami/radio3/radio3_bb_live_eq1_sl0?BBC-UID=144fd54756a3e21ec8a3a771515510efafee4c4240006124e41f34d6c8309e8a&SSO2-UID= HTTP/1.0^M
        Mar  7 13:31:45 squeezeplay: INFO   audio.decode - Playback.lua:479 GET [color=red]/wms/bbc_ami/radio3/radio3_bb_live_eq1_sl0?BBC-UID=144fd54756a3e21ec8a3a771515510efafee4c4240006124e41f34d6c8309e8a&SSO2-[/color]UID= HTTP/1.0^M
        Mar  7 13:31:45 squeezeplay: Accept: */*^M
        Mar  7 13:31:45 squeezeplay: User-Agent: NSPlayer/8.0.0.3802^M
        Mar  7 13:31:45 squeezeplay: Host: wmlive-acl.bbc.co.uk^M
        Mar  7 13:31:45 squeezeplay: Pragma: xClientGUID={3a6a0dc8-6199-a22f-e2b0-465c74849e69}^M
        Mar  7 13:31:45 squeezeplay: Pragma: no-cache,rate=1.0000000,stream-offset=0:0,max-duration=0^M
        Mar  7 13:31:45 squeezeplay: Pragma: stream-time=0^M
        Mar  7 13:31:45 squeezeplay: Pragma: request-context=2^M
        Mar  7 13:31:45 squeezeplay: Pragma: LinkBW=2147483647, AccelBW=1048576, AccelDuration=21000^M
        Mar  7 13:31:45 squeezeplay: Pragma: Speed=5.000^M
        Mar  7 13:31:45 squeezeplay: Pragma: xPlayStrm=

Comment

• Allen
          • Aug 2011

Can't connect to BBC

[QUOTE=sunovbelial;694252]Yes, many thanks BPA.
          So to summarize. These url's all work for me,in favourites, on my boom on mysqueezebox.com in Germany
          BBC Radio1
          mms://wmlive-nonacl.bbc.net.uk/wms/bbc_ami/radio1/radio1_bb_live_int_ep1_sl0

BBC Radio2
          mms://wmlive-nonacl.bbc.net.uk/wms/bbc_ami/radio2/radio2_bb_live_int_ep1_sl0

BBC Radio3
          mms://wmlive-nonacl.bbc.net.uk/wms/bbc_ami/radio3/radio3_bb_live_int_ep1_sl0

BBC Radio4
          mms://wmlive-nonacl.bbc.net.uk/wms/bbc_ami/radio4/radio4_bb_live_int_ep1_sl0

BBC Radio5
          mms://wmlive-nonacl.bbc.net.uk/wms/bbc_ami/radio5/radio5_bb_live_int_ep1_sl0

QUOTE]

I live in Western Australia and tried copying and pasting the links into my Squeezebox Player on the PC, and they all worked. Even added BBC Radio 6. But what a business! Thanks to sunovbelial and BPA for this information. I wonder when Logitech will give me a reply?

Comment

• bpa
            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Allen
            I live in Western Australia and tried copying and pasting the links into my Squeezebox Player on the PC, and they all worked. Even added BBC Radio 6. But what a business! Thanks to sunovbelial and BPA for this information. I wonder when Logitech will give me a reply?
            This problem solution is for non UK users using mysqueezebox.com. The problem may have been solved by Logitech for UK users of mysb.com. If you are using a local LMS server and your SB player is connected to the LMS and you are not connecting to BBC then you have a different problem and possibly local to your system.

If you use a local LMS all the time - you should install and use the BBC iPlayer plugin and no the LMS BBC App from App Gallery - it will give you better service.

Comment

• garym
              • May 2008

Originally posted by bpa
              This problem solution is for non UK users using mysqueezebox.com. The problem may have been solved by Logitech for UK users of mysb.com. If you are using a local LMS server and your SB player is connected to the LMS and you are not connecting to BBC then you have a different problem and possibly local to your system.

If you use a local LMS all the time - you should install and use the BBC iPlayer plugin and no the LMS BBC App from App Gallery - it will give you better service.
              agree. I'm using Local LMS all the time and triode's iPlayer BBC plugin. And I have no issues in accessing the BBC stations (I'm in the U.S.)
              Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.5.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
              Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.5.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
              Office: Win11(64)>foobar2000
              The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
              Controllers: Material Skin, iPhone14Pro & iPadAir5 (iPeng), or CONTROLLER
              Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Comment

• jhoban
                • Mar 2012

Originally posted by bpa
                Are you in the UK ?

I've just retested and in Ireland there is still a problem with asx playlists and BBC app using an SB3 connected to mysb.com EU West datacenter.

edit:

On Touch devices the error "Connwection reset by local host" is shown.
                sorry, should have said .. I'm in Germany. I was able to receive some local stations and the world service since the weekend, but no national stuff .. all is OK now ...

Comment

• bpa
                  • Oct 2005

sorry, should have said .. I'm in Germany. I was able to receive some local stations and the world service since the weekend, but no national stuff .. all is OK now ...
                  Still not working. Which mysqueezebox.com datacentre is your player connected to ?

Comment

• jhoban
                    • Mar 2012

I might have been a tad presumptuous, I tried r4 fm earlier and it worked as normal, so I thought they were all back.

I made the post here, I even registered to do so ... then I tried 5 live a bit later and it didn't work.

So I've gone through the lot now, radios 1 to 6, and r4 fm is the only one working... Try 4 fm ...

I only use the squeezebox for the radio, so I'm not sure how to answer your datacenter question .

Comment

• bpa
                      • Oct 2005

I might have been a tad presumptuous, I tried r4 fm earlier and it worked as normal, so I thought they were all back.

I made the post here, I even registered to do so ... then I tried 5 live a bit later and it didn't work.

So I've gone through the lot now, radios 1 to 6, and r4 fm is the only one working... Try 4 fm ...

I only use the squeezebox for the radio, so I'm not sure how to answer your datacenter question .
                      If it is not working then the datacente question is moot. However fir future reference on the older player menu Setting/Information.mysqueezebox.com information - then scroll down

On Touch/radio Settings/Advanced/Information/mysqueezebox.com information

Anybody else with BBC/mysb.com problems could add their experience to the thread on the official logitech support forum http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Squeez...ut/td-p/805923

Comment

• JetJaguar
                        • Mar 2012

bbc radio 4 extra

I live in Canada and can get Radio 4 using above urls.

I can also get Radio 4 Extra using:

mms://wmlive-onacl.bbc.net.uk/wms/bbc_ami/radio4/radio4xtra_bb_live_int_ep1_sl0

Comment

• nkat
                          • Sep 2007

Me Too - R4, 6 Music wma streams in particular gone

I am in Hong Kong. The problem has only arisen since the end of last week.

I use the SBs to avoid the geo-ip issues. One is connected to the EU West server and one to the US server. Not quite sure I understand why and how the geo-ip issue has resurfaced.

I am using the 'Internet Radio' menu on the SB3s and then search or with stored station names, saved to Favourites.

On the SB Radios, similarly, BBC stations saved to Favourites from the 'Internet Radio' search.

I have saved the streams titled 'London' and "News" for R4. 6Music does not identify as UK in the titles I have.

I would prefer the UK streams over a stream doctored for international use, to be honest,. I would particularly like to ensure I got the higher bitrate streams - RadioTime and the wma streams I had hitherto were poor.

Thank you to bpa and others on this thread for your help.

NK.

Comment

• bpa
                            • Oct 2005

The problem is the BBC have UK and UK WMA URLs - same content just different speeds. The BBC live AAC URLs are the same for UK and non UK users but again different speeds.

With SB3 and using mysqueezebox.com - you can only play the WMA streams as the SB3's cannot play the AAC streams natively.

The current problem is caused by mysqueezebox.com servers delivering UK WMA URLs to non UK user and so the BBC servers refused to connect.

You can do one of the following.
                            1. Workaorund for current problem. Make a Favorite and save the WMA mms URLs detailed in earlier posts.
                            2. Set up a small LMS Servers (e.g. suitable NAS, plugcomputer) which can transcode the AAC streams so that SB3 can play.
                            3. Buy a Radio/Touch and play BBC AAC URLs directly.

Comment

• nkat
                              • Sep 2007

Oh yes it does......oh no it doesn't

Well, thank you but a problem remains.

Installing the BBC applet from Triode [thank you] on the SB Radio worked a treat. I could even set my 6 preset buttons to the BBC stations when playing.

I then turned to the SB3s. I followed the advice given by the learned bpa. Ilogged into mysqueezebox.com on the PC and changed the BBC streams in Favourites from [mainly] Radiotime uRLs to the BBC wma stream URLs on the iPlayer link page to which bpa referred us - http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.u...al_wma_streams .

No joy. Same result, leading me to suspect that the BBC sniffs my geo-ip and won't connect.

And no, Mr Logitech poster, the streams found by searching through the Internet Radio search on the SB did not connect.

Ths SB3s are connected to decent DACs on the hifi set-ups. I should like to be able to use them again. Your help and suggestions are welcome.

NK.

Comment

• Triode
                                • Apr 2005

Originally posted by nkat
                                Installing the BBC applet from Triode [thank you] on the SB Radio worked a treat. I could even set my 6 preset buttons to the BBC stations when playing.

I then turned to the SB3s. I followed the advice given by the learned bpa. Ilogged into mysqueezebox.com on the PC and changed the BBC streams in Favourites from [mainly] Radiotime uRLs to the BBC wma stream URLs on the iPlayer link page to which bpa referred us - http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.u...al_wma_streams .

No joy. Same result, leading me to suspect that the BBC sniffs my geo-ip and won't connect.
                                I suspect something has changed at the Logitech end as the playlists are fetched from mysb.com in all cases except when the BBC Radio applet is used (or you have a local server). Its possible Logitech have changed something and the bbc are rate limiting it and or need to allow it from a geolocking perspective.

Comment

Working...