Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by telacc View Post
    I tried everything, still no sound!
    Are you using mysb.com or a local LMS ?
    What URL are you trying ?

When I lost BBC2 and BBC4 last week I noticed that both favorites had been deleted from My Players...presumably Logitech have done this remotely so they know what is going on...

Hunting the BBC website for information is so confusing...the only URL I can find is for their World Service (which works on the Boom), all other BBC stations seem to have gone.

What the relationship between their iPlayer and our devices is I really have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponzy View Post
    Hunting the BBC website for information is so confusing...the only URL I can find is for their World Service (which works on the Boom), all other BBC stations seem to have gone.
    For old SB player which support WMA natively - the following BBC page has the WMA URLs. http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.u...al_wma_streams

Many system/PC/players have caches which can hold onto the "bad" result of trying to access an URL when mysb.com is down. These caches should expire with time but it is usually quicker to reboot PCs and routers and restart player.

Sounds of the 60s

It is a stream so it takes a few seconds to start. I can listen to everything except BBC.

BBC Not Working

I also have an issue

I can not get the BBC to play on my Squeezebox anymore.
    Other stations and apps work but not the BBC (any channels)

any solutions ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lennyd View Post
    It is a stream so it takes a few seconds to start. I can listen to everything except BBC.
    Well, I've just had the same problem as you, momentarily.

The problem I had appears to be due to RadioTime/TuneIn radio sending back a stream URL that is apparently reserved for international (non-UK) use, and the BBC server refused to serve it up to me (I'm in the UK).

When I tried again, the stream started to play, presumably with a 'good for UK' stream URL.

Perhaps there is a RadioTime geolocation issue at the root of your/my trouble. I don't know where you are based.

If you are using a local LMS server, you may see some pertinent entries in the log if you set the 'server.plugins' logging level to 'info'. Here's the entry that recorded my recent problem:
    Code:
    [12-03-05 17:48:02.2275] Slim::Utils::Scanner::Remote::__ANON__ (240) Error: Can't connect to remote server to retrieve playlist for, http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/4/asx/b01dplz7/iplayer_intl_stream_wma_lo_concrete: 403 Forbidden.
    [12-03-05 17:48:02.2342] Slim::Plugin::InternetRadio::Plugin::cantOpen (433) Reporting stream failure to RadioTime: http://opml.radiotime.com/Report.ashx?c=stream&partnerId=16&id=t37515939&message=403%20Forbidden
    [12-03-05 17:48:02.5663] Slim::Plugin::InternetRadio::Plugin::__ANON__ (437) RadioTime failure report OK
    I see that an automated failure report is made to RadioTime.

PS
    I've now tried this a couple of times or so. Sometimes I get an 'international' stream that won't play, sometimes I get a 'UK' stream that will play. Most unsatisfactory.

I am now wondering to which of the following does the problem belong: Logitech, RadioTime, or the BBC ?

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    Are you using mysb.com or a local LMS ?
    What URL are you trying ?

Hello.
    To answer your questions. I am using mysb.com on the SB Boom device.

Url in favorites is:
    http://opml.radiotime.com/Tune.ashx?...9&partnerId=16 and also this one

http://opml.radiotime.com/Tune.ashx?id=s24939&formats=aac,ogg,mp3,wmpro,wma, wmvoice&partnerId=16&serial="my serial"

When I select the station in "Favorites" menu I get "Now playing (connecting....)" message and after that "Stopped" status appears.

Best regards
    Matt

If you are in the UK then mrw has found the problem.

The mysb.com server is not based in the UK so when it request a playable URL using the BBC playlist- the BBC server provides a non UK URL. This non UK URL is then passed to player (which is UK based) to play but the non UK URL cannot be played by a UK based player. Users with a local LMS will not have this problem LMS requesting the URL will be UK based.

This problem was prevalent a few years ago and there is a workaround. However it is not clear what has changed to avoid this issue - either there was a UK based mysb.com (don't think so), Tunein/Radio time got the correct URL or BBC had a different form of geo-locking.

A workaround is to get the contents of the ASX playlist such as http://bbc.co.uk/radio/listen/live/r1.asx

As a non UK user this list has a lot of URL which look like
    Code:
    mms://wmlive-nonacl.bbc.net.uk/wms/bbc_ami/radio1/radio1_bb_live_int_ep1_sl0
    A UK user will have a different URL probably something changes the "_int_" in the URL.

The workaround to use this URL as a mysb.com favorite add "#slim:noscan=1" at the end.

In the past the following URL worked for UK users
    Code:
    mms://wmlive-acl.bbc.co.uk/wms/bbc_ami/radio1/radio1_bb_live_eq1_sl0#slim:noscan=1

I am not UK based.

I added extra favorite to the list with following url: mms://wmlive-nonacl.bbc.net.uk/wms/bbc_ami/radio1/radio1_bb_live_int_ep1_sl0 and now I can listen to BBC R1. Although think this is only temporary solution. The original functionality should be fixed also.

Thank you for your link.

Best regards
    Matt

Smile

THANK YOU, BPA!!!!!! I'm not in the UK and I used the URL you provided and it works. I still don't understand why we can't get it to connect from the BBC app or any of the search functions on the Squeezebox Boom.