Can not listen to BBC Radio 1 station (from EU server outage)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • castalla
    • Feb 2008

I have no idea what is going on - I no longer can get any BBC except via the plain Internet Radio route - also no station logos are showing.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• bpa
      • Oct 2005

Originally posted by castalla
      I have no idea what is going on - I no longer can get any BBC except via the plain Internet Radio route - also no station logos are showing.
      I think it must be at your end as my Touch still works as before (i.e. Triode's applet is OK with Art , BBC Radio app still broke).

edit:

Michael has been trying some changes to fix BBC problem. I don't know if the changes are on a live mysb.com system if so then it may be part if your problem (e.g. mysb.com restart).
      Last edited by bpa; 2012-03-12, 14:35.

Comment

• castalla
        • Feb 2008

Both are possible! Just had a total Touch failure when switching to LMS (which also failed!) .... back to the drawing board!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Michael Herger
          Babelfish's Best Boy
          • Apr 2005

Can not listen to BBC Radio 1 station (fromEU server outage)

Thanks for the background info, bpa. I'm still waiting for BBC to reply.

--

Michael
          Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
          (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

• jcmun
            • Mar 2012

[QUOTE=Allen;694496][QUOTE=sunovbelial;694252]Yes, many thanks BPA.
            So to summarize. These url's all work for me,in favourites, on my boom on mysqueezebox.com in Germany
            BBC Radio1
            mms://wmlive-nonacl.bbc.net.uk/wms/bbc_ami/radio1/radio1_bb_live_int_ep1_sl0

BBC Radio2
            mms://wmlive-nonacl.bbc.net.uk/wms/bbc_ami/radio2/radio2_bb_live_int_ep1_sl0

BBC Radio3
            mms://wmlive-nonacl.bbc.net.uk/wms/bbc_ami/radio3/radio3_bb_live_int_ep1_sl0

BBC Radio4
            mms://wmlive-nonacl.bbc.net.uk/wms/bbc_ami/radio4/radio4_bb_live_int_ep1_sl0

BBC Radio5
            mms://wmlive-nonacl.bbc.net.uk/wms/bbc_ami/radio5/radio5_bb_live_int_ep1_sl0

QUOTE]

I was happily using the links from BPA but those links stopped working yesterday. Does anybody know what is going on? I am in Germany. I am unable to connect to any BBC stations. I tried using the search function, TuneIn, BBC app - nothing!!!

Anybody out there with answers.???

Thanks.

Comment

• bpa
              • Oct 2005

The URLs still work OK for me.

The station mms URLs are usually in a playlist with about 8 distinct URLs so that load sharing can happen. Perhaps a lots of users are using the URLs given in the post and so the URL is overloaded.

I suggest you try one of the alternatives - just the end changes. Below are the Radio 1 - I believe the other station URLs are similar.

mms://wmlive-nonacl.bbc.net.uk/wms/bbc_ami/radio1/radio1_bb_live_int_ep1_sl0
              mms://wmlive-nonacl.bbc.net.uk/wms/bbc_ami/radio1/radio1_bb_live_int_eq1_sl0
              mms://wmlive-nonacl.bbc.net.uk/wms/bbc_ami/radio1/radio1_bb_live_int_ep1_sw0
              mms://wmlive-nonacl.bbc.net.uk/wms/bbc_ami/radio1/radio1_bb_live_int_eq1_sw0
              mms://wmlive-nonacl.bbc.net.uk/wms/bbc_ami/radio1/radio1_bb_live_int_ep1_sl1
              mms://wmlive-nonacl.bbc.net.uk/wms/bbc_ami/radio1/radio1_bb_live_int_eq1_sl1
              mms://wmlive-nonacl.bbc.net.uk/wms/bbc_ami/radio1/radio1_bb_live_int_ep1_sw1
              mms://wmlive-nonacl.bbc.net.uk/wms/bbc_ami/radio1/radio1_bb_live_int_eq1_sw1

Comment

• jcmun
                • Mar 2012

Thanks BPA!! I changed the URL and they worked.

Comment

• Lennyd
                  • Oct 2009

That works

I hope the apps are updated by Logitech soon.

Comment

• bpa
                    • Oct 2005

A fix to BBC Radio App is being tested now.

See

For non UK ip3k player (e.g. SB Classic, Boom, Duet, Transporter, Sb2) users - using Search "BBC" on Internet Radio or Tune-in App will still not work.

Comment

• jhoban
                      • Mar 2012

many thx bpa, BBC app works again ...

Comment

• nkat
                        • Sep 2007

5 years on...similar issue for mySB.com users overseas

Originally posted by jhoban
                        many thx bpa, BBC app works again ...
                        5 years ago or so, together with some other SB users on mySB.com and not LMS and the Triode iPlayer plugin, I was grateful for help to work around some BBC url and geo-ip issues.
                        A week or so ago, the BBC streams started stuttering again on my Favourites urls - the TuneIn urls [opml.radiotime, etc] the BBG App urls [open.live.bbc.co.uk etc] and the Radiofeeds UK links too.

Two SB Radios, 2 SB3s, connected through my Hong Kong IP address to the EU W server; mySB.com fibbing about where I am. I do note it's the same on the Radio I had connected through a US IP address, a trick I have since forgotten how to do.

Nor am I, to my shame, able any more to remember how to change to the US mySB.com server.

Anyway, I looked at the Twitter mySB.com feed and posted there for help but to little avail. I may not have given enough info for the mysb.com tweeter sent me back here again.

Do I need to update these urls again? Or have I to bite the bullet, install a small machine to run LMS as bpa suggested, and learn how to use that? I prfer the former of course, being not too savvy....

Thanks to all who would offer help.

NK, HK.

Comment

• bpa
                          • Oct 2005

Originally posted by nkat
                          5 years ago or so, together with some other SB users on mySB.com and not LMS and the Triode iPlayer plugin, I was grateful for help to work around some BBC url and geo-ip issues.
                          A week or so ago, the BBC streams started stuttering again on my Favourites urls - the TuneIn urls [opml.radiotime, etc] the BBG App urls [open.live.bbc.co.uk etc] and the Radiofeeds UK links too.

Two SB Radios, 2 SB3s, connected through my Hong Kong IP address to the EU W server; mySB.com fibbing about where I am. I do note it's the same on the Radio I had connected through a US IP address, a trick I have since forgotten how to do.

Nor am I, to my shame, able any more to remember how to change to the US mySB.com server.

Anyway, I looked at the Twitter mySB.com feed and posted there for help but to little avail. I may not have given enough info for the mysb.com tweeter sent me back here again.

Do I need to update these urls again? Or have I to bite the bullet, install a small machine to run LMS as bpa suggested, and learn how to use that? I prfer the former of course, being not too savvy....

Thanks to all who would offer help.

NK, HK.
                          Stuttering would imply a network problem. The URLs will either work or not work.

For non UK mysb.com URLs will be MP3 shoutcast URLs (e.g. http://open.live.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/5/select/mediaset/http-icy-mp3-a/format/pls/vpid/bbc_radio_fourfm.pls ) which the BBC have as a "backup" service to their preferred formats of HLS and DASH. BBC hope to discontinue the MP3 streams at some point. It is possible there is capacity problems with BBC servers.

I'm not sure why you are messing about with different mysb servers. If the URLs work and you are outside the UK then you are playing the right URL - once connected the stream goes directly from BBC server to the player - mysb.com server is not involved - it is only an intermediary when starting the stream.

Comment

• nkat
                            • Sep 2007

Originally posted by bpa
                            Stuttering would imply a network problem. The URLs will either work or not work.

For non UK mysb.com URLs will be MP3 shoutcast URLs (e.g. http://open.live.bbc.co.uk/mediasele...dio_fourfm.pls ) which the BBC have as a "backup" service to their preferred formats of HLS and DASH. BBC hope to discontinue the MP3 streams at some point. It is possible there is capacity problems with BBC servers.

I'm not sure why you are messing about with different mysb servers. If the URLs work and you are outside the UK then you are playing the right URL - once connected the stream goes directly from BBC server to the player - mysb.com server is not involved - it is only an intermediary when starting the stream.
                            BPA! You're still here! Thank you.

Ok, your advice rules out the mySB server. And I can confirm it's not a network issue [my wireless and router or my fibre line back to the ISP] because many other stations play seamlessly. I shall try the Shoutcast URLs instead of those in my list. That leaves me puzzled as to why the same problem occurred when tuning in through Logitech's BBC app. Will check those too.

Yes, back then I contemplated going over the LMS to allow for HLS and DASH. I suspect many others who like their SBs but are not tech-savvy did too. But laziness and weak technical confidence kept me here on the poorer-quality mp3 streams, so one might say I brought it on myself. Maybe I'll hire someone to set up the tablet or an older notebook and switch my SBs and Radios to LMS.

Thank you once again. NK, HK.

Comment

• bpa
                              • Oct 2005

Originally posted by nkat
                              I shall try the Shoutcast URLs instead of those in my list. That leaves me puzzled as to why the same problem occurred when tuning in through Logitech's BBC app. Will check those too.
                              There is only one MP3 URLs to play BBC - whether you use Logitech BBC App or Tune-in or Radiofeeds they all end up playing the same URL. Same problem becuase it is the same URL.

Comment

• nkat
                                • Sep 2007

Thanks again

Just a line to thank bpa again, and to encourage other non-technical types to switch from mySB.com to the better services available through LMS and the BBC plugins.

I have gone over to LMS running continuously on an Asus Andrid tablet and networked in.
                                Once I had checked I had the IPlayer plugins and updated, and figured out the switchover for all the devices, it has worked well.

I have had a problem with LMS stopping or dropping out but am working on it.

Hurrah for the system and the community help!

NK

Comment

Working...