Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

I select one track but it plays another!

Just as the title says, it's so frustrating when I select My Music folder (to access FLAC or MP3) on my laptop for a certain tune, then it plays another in my library despite showing the title of the one I wanted on the screen! It doesn't do this with ripped CD tracks though.

Also, shouldn't the squeezebox be able to access tracks when the laptop is turned off? Mine doesn't. Is there anything to alter in the settings please?

Thanks,

Carl

Quote Originally Posted by CarlBkk View Post
    shouldn't the squeezebox be able to access tracks when the laptop is turned off? Mine doesn't. Is there anything to alter in the settings please?

Thanks,

Carl
    If the tracks are on the laptop exactly how should the Touch reach them if the laptop is off ?

Make sure shuffle is not on.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (in storage SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Well that's what I wondered too, but I thought a long time ago when considering the purchase of a SQ, that a main feature was to actually access the library without needing the PC powered up. I guess I must have been mistaken.

Well that's what I wondered too, but I thought a long time ago when considering the purchase of a SQ, that a main feature was to actually access the library without needing the PC powered up. I guess I must have been mistaken.
    Touch has a ligth version of the lms server built in, you can have an usb stick sd card or usb hard-drive plugged into it
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (in storage SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

yep, thats what i do with mine..one of em .
    Vortexbox>SBT(stock)>>Forssell MDAC-2>>>Klein and Hummell 0300D

Sota Sapphire/Lyra Kleos>>Bespoke Valve Phono Stage>>Mastersound Due Venti>>Link Audio K100

Just as the title says, it's so frustrating when I select My Music folder (to access FLAC or MP3) on my laptop for a certain tune, then it plays another in my library despite showing the title of the one I wanted on the screen! It doesn't do this with ripped CD tracks though.

Also, shouldn't the squeezebox be able to access tracks when the laptop is turned off? Mine doesn't. Is there anything to alter in the settings please?

Thanks,

Carl
    a couple of times, the blasted media monkey downloaded the wrong artwork and i had the same issue because the embedded artwork showed a different artist/album!
    Vortexbox>SBT(stock)>>Forssell MDAC-2>>>Klein and Hummell 0300D

Sota Sapphire/Lyra Kleos>>Bespoke Valve Phono Stage>>Mastersound Due Venti>>Link Audio K100