Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    My first post here - thanks for the patch. Works perfectly with my Antelope Zodiac Gold. If anyone has some 384/32 bit material I will test if the SBT can output this format to my Zodiac Gold via Coax.
    Last edited by googleli; 2012-04-18 at 10:40.

Quote Originally Posted by googleli View Post
    My first post here - thanks for the patch. Works perfectly with my Antelope Zodiac Gold. If anyone has some 384/32 bit material I will test if the SBT can output this format to my Zodiac Gold via Coax.
    Anything above 192k will need to be resampled on the server.

Quote Originally Posted by BrynClarke View Post
    Many thanks. Any special cables? or bog standard USB 2.0 (with the right style of connector)?
    Also, when connecting Furutech GT40 USB DAC/ADC to computer to record vinyl, any idea if I can just plug computer into another port on the hub which links the SBT & GT40, or will I need to reverse everything?
    Thanks again - really looking forward to trying this when my GT40 arrives. (I'm on analogue out at present)
    Bryn
    I use a Wireworld Platinum Starlight USB cable to connect the SBT to the Antelope Zodiac Gold and the improvement is quite audible when compared with the stock cable which comes with the Zodiac Gold.

USB cable

I'm sure if I spent 500 quid on a cable I'd hear a difference too.... I was thinking more, is it worth spending ú30 rather than ú1, but I think I got the message :-)

Furutech GT40

My Furutech GT40 should arrive on Monday and I will report back when set up. I just received a technical data sheet and understand that it's a USB Audio class 1 with adaptive USB based on Tenor TE7022L USB chip limited to 24/96, so if I understand correctly should not need external USB hub (though I have one on hand just in case).

Triode, I'm trying to get my Arcam rDac working with an embedded Linux platform. Can you give me the patch that you made in the kernel and/or ALSA modules in order to get it detected properly?

Right now I just get the infamous "cannot get freq at ep 0x1" message. I do see it listed when I use "aplay -l", but I cannot actually use it for playback. Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Exirion View Post
    Triode, I'm trying to get my Arcam rDac working with an embedded Linux platform. Can you give me the patch that you made in the kernel and/or ALSA modules in order to get it detected properly?

Right now I just get the infamous "cannot get freq at ep 0x1" message. I do see it listed when I use "aplay -l", but I cannot actually use it for playback. Thanks in advance
    Please install the Enhanced Digtial Output all - that includes a combination of all the learning from this thread. See other thread on this forum about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Triode View Post
    Please install the Enhanced Digtial Output all - that includes a combination of all the learning from this thread. See other thread on this forum about it.
    Where can I find the kernel sources? SVN hardly contains anything, and I can't find anything in the Downloads section that looks like it: http://code.google.com/p/triodeplugins/downloads/list

Quote Originally Posted by Exirion View Post
    Where can I find the kernel sources? SVN hardly contains anything, and I can't find anything in the Downloads section that looks like it: http://code.google.com/p/triodeplugins/downloads/list
    Yes I need to make them available - I've been more focused on getting it to work than posting the patches.

Sorry misread your previous post - happy to email you the patches if you PM me an email address (prior to making them more widely available)

I think the rDac was the one which had a problem with the syncinterval - it asks for a value which is too high for the linux usb scheduler, so my code reduces this. It really depends on the age of your ehci-sched.c as it looks to me that more recent versions of this may allow the syncpipe to be scheduled. I have kept it as per the Logitech version with some minor patches to the sound/usb code to change the sync interval:

This is from snd_usb_set_format_quirk() in sound/usb/quirks.c [which is post the refactoring of sound/usb so depends on the age of your kernel whether you have it]
    Code:
    +	// check for long syncintervals which we can't schedule and reduce
    +	if (snd_usb_get_speed(subs->dev) == USB_SPEED_FULL && subs->syncinterval >= 6) {
    +		printk("async usb sync interval too high reducing %d -> 6\n", subs->syncinterval);
    +		subs->syncinterval = 6;
    +	}

Furutech GT40 success

My GT40 came and I tested with the EDO app, and all fine, with or without Hama USB hub. Serious listening testing will have to wait, but I'm up and running with USB DAC, which is great.

Sadly, with Touch Toolbox 3.0 on top, sound was very garbled, with or weithout hub, so I've posted that result in Klaus' TT thread in Audio Asylum forum.

So I'm mainly happy, and delighted with the ease of setup of the EDO applet. Triode, very many thanks. Let me know if you want any further details for your success list.