Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MWelschenbach View Post
    Kernel #3 and applet 0.6 are playing via Eximus DP1 dac (UAC2) material up to 24/192.

Thank you very much Triode, I am deeply grateful for this.
    Hey that's great news - and good to get another test case for uac 2.

Announce: Test Kernel #5, Usb Output 0.7

I've just added a new kernel and updated the output selection applet.

Please try these two together as the kernel includes some changes which require the new applet. Best installation process is to: reset the output device, update the applet and then update the kernel. Then select your chosen output device.

The new kernel includes:
    - possible work around for the rDAC issue (based on my option 2, it ignores the parameter from the dac and uses a smaller parameter - the question is whether the dac likes this..?)
    - format text in /proc/asound/<card>/stream0 changed to latest kernel output
    - option to select Digital (spdif) and Analog (ak4420 internal dac) separately
    - tentative 176.4k and 192k support for Digital and Analog outputs when used separately (note 1) (note 2) (note 3) (note 4)

(note 1) this is not tested very well and may not work. I've not tried 176.4 at all as I don't have a test file. 192k looks to
    work, but I've not listened for a long period to check whether there are any dropouts.

(note 2) this does not work in "default" output mode where both internal outputs are enabled - at present this case is broken as the server does not resample, but the player can't sustain the stream. I need to find a way to put back resampling on the server for this case.

(note 3) note by playing through the Digital or Analog output directly, support of sampling rates below 44.1 is removed, this may impact some internet radio streams.

(note 4) only supported for flac with player based decode at present
    Last edited by Triode; 2012-03-23 at 03:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Triode View Post
    Best installation process is to: reset the output device, update the applet and then update the kernel. Then select your chosen output device.
    Triode, what exactly do you mean by reset the output device?

Hi Triode,

I have tried this with a Musical Fidelity V-Dac 2. This is an asynch dac however I do not know if it is USB 1 or 2.
    http://www.musicalfidelity.com/produ...-PSU/v-psu.asp

I followed the instructions on page 1 of this thread last night and both applets insalled OK.

Problem I have is that the DAC doesn't appear by name to select in the USB Audio Output menu. Instead I get 2 options: Digital Output(44-192) and Analgoue Output(44-192).

I selected Digital Output and the Touch rebooted. The USB Audio Output listed the digital outut as 'current' however I couldn't select further this option to see sample rate.

I tried to play a song and the Touch screen showed the song as playing OK but no sound at all from the DAC.

I tried the above with all 5 Kernal options that were available and same happened. Note - I did not have a USB hub installed.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    S

The new kernel includes:
    - possible work around for the rDAC issue (based on my option 2, it ignores the parameter from the dac and uses a smaller parameter - the question is whether the dac likes this..?)
    Just tried, the touch didn't loop-reboot and my rDac is playing now over usb-out, however not constantly but hickups

Quote Originally Posted by MWelschenbach View Post
    Triode, what exactly do you mean by reset the output device?
    Go into the usb dac menu and set the output device back to default.

Quote Originally Posted by ste1 View Post
    Hi Triode,

I have tried this with a Musical Fidelity V-Dac 2. This is an asynch dac however I do not know if it is USB 1 or 2.
    http://www.musicalfidelity.com/produ...-PSU/v-psu.asp

I followed the instructions on page 1 of this thread last night and both applets insalled OK.

Problem I have is that the DAC doesn't appear by name to select in the USB Audio Output menu. Instead I get 2 options: Digital Output(44-192) and Analgoue Output(44-192).
    Those outputs are the internal digital and analog ports (which this kernel also supports at 192k sample rate). You should have seen a separate entry at the end for your dac.

Can you ssh into the touch and let me know what the following command returns?

cat /proc/asound/cards

Quote Originally Posted by PietB View Post
    Just tried, the touch didn't loop-reboot and my rDac is playing now over usb-out, however not constantly but hickups
    Hum - that's a pity. Do you have a high speed usb hub between the dac and the touch? Does the momentary frequency update when it is playing on the info menu for the dac?

Kernel #5 and plugin 0.7 play fine with the Eximus DP1. Occasionally I get dropouts for a couple of seconds but only with 192kHz files, though the touch is connected to my NAS via ethernet. All other material plays flawless.

Smile

Hum - that's a pity. Do you have a high speed usb hub between the dac and the touch? Does the momentary frequency update when it is playing on the info menu for the dac?
    No high speed usb hub, tried hires 96000 hz now and is playing fine, no hickups
    Only resetted the touch and rDac before playing.
    playing another song and switching to 16 bit 44, hickups
    Switching back to 24/96 agan playing fine, also 24/88
    Info menu for the dac shows the correct frequencies