Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by chincheta0815 View Post
    I checked the strange behaviour of my LMS installation.

LMS scans all videos as expected. It follows symlinks like a charm while scanning for video files.

Scanning my images it does also follow symlinks. At last my logfile does not show anything contrary. But: The scanner does not create any thumbnails or further entries. It only lists the filename/symlink name.
    I found that I sometimes had to do a full rescan to clear this sort of behavior. Give me an example of the name of the link and the name of the file it points to. It's possible the name of the link has to have the right extension, eg. .jpg before the server will invoke ffmpeg to create the thumbnails.

Quote Originally Posted by xmasman View Post
    Hello,
    me again.

I tried the script yesterday on my server. And now it runs through without problems.
    The problem before was on an ESXi Machine.

But how can i start squeezebox server?
    When i try svcadm enable lmsd, i can't see any process of lms.
    Also with
    3. Various times run 'chown -R lmsd:lmsd /opt/lms-X.X.X' followed by 'svcadm restart lmsd' to solve some startup issues

Greets
    xmasman
    Sorry for the following question since I often do those things ;o)

Check whether you typed '/opt/lms-X.X.X'....

Example (supposed you use lms version7.8.0):
    - You should install all lms files into a lms-root-dir called '/opt/lms-7.8.0'
    - Check for '/lib/svc/method/svc-lmsd'. If it does not exist: Copy 'svc-lmsd' into that place.
    - Check for 'lib/svc/manifest/application/lmsd.xml. If it does not exist: Copy 'lmsd.xml' to that place.
    - Type 'svcadm restart manifest-import' .
    - Type 'svcs -a | grep lmsd'. This should output 'offline 18:56:55 svc:/application/lmsd:default'
    - Type 'svccfg -s lmsd listprop lmsd/bindir'. If it does not output 'lmsd/bindir astring /opt/lms-7.8.0', type 'svccfg -s lmsd setprop lmsd/bindir=/opt/lms-7.8.0'. Supposed your lms-files reside in /opt/lms-7.8.0.
    - Then start the service: 'svcadm enable lmsd'
    - Check if it is online 'svcs | grep lmsd'.
    - If it's not online: 'svcs -xv'.
    - Do some 'chmod -R 755 /opt/lms-7.8.0' followed by 'chown -R lmsd:lmsd /opt/lms-7.8.0'. Then 'svcadm disable lmsd' and 'svcadm start lmsd'. After doing this some time (approx. 3 to 5 times). It should run...
    - Check with 'ps | grep slims' if the process is active...

Hope this helps...

Quote Originally Posted by evoz4 View Post
    I found that I sometimes had to do a full rescan to clear this sort of behavior. Give me an example of the name of the link and the name of the file it points to. It's possible the name of the link has to have the right extension, eg. .jpg before the server will invoke ffmpeg to create the thumbnails.
    An example:
    ./CIMG1465.JPG -> test.jpg
    ./CIMG1464 -> test.JPG

There is no difference if it is a relative or an absolute symlink.

To me it is strange that there is no error in the logfile. It seems like the path is not handed correctly to libjpeg.

BTW: To make it clear. Scanning videos I have no problem. Only scanning images.

@evoz4: I feel quite stupid and cunfused, but how did you manage to compile perl with perlbrew and gcc under solaris? I got it some weeks ago. I compiled without problem... Then I deleted it (don't ask me why). Now I am not able to get it compiling without any errors anymore. The io/inplace.t test fils all the time.

I do it the it is described in the buildme.sh and I have /usr/gnu/bin in the beginning of the path variable....

That might be off topic, but I have not clue what to do.

@evoz4: I feel quite stupid and cunfused, but how did you manage to compile perl with perlbrew and gcc under solaris? I got it some weeks ago. I compiled without problem... Then I deleted it (don't ask me why). Now I am not able to get it compiling without any errors anymore. The io/inplace.t test fils all the time.

I do it the it is described in the buildme.sh and I have /usr/gnu/bin in the beginning of the path variable....

That might be off topic, but I have not clue what to do.
    I didn't use perlbrew, just:

$ tar zxf ~/Downloads/perl-5.12.4.tar.gz
    $ mv perl-5.12.4 perl-5.12.4-i386-solaris11-gcc
    $ cd perl-5.12.4-i386-solaris11-gcc
    $ PATH=/usr/ccs/bin:/usr/bin
    $ MAKE=/usr/gnu/bin/make
    $ export PATH MAKE
    $ ./Configure -d -Dcc=gcc -Dusethreads -Duse64bitint -A ccflags=-fno-stack-protector -A ldflags=-fno-stack-protector 2>&1 | tee cfg.out
    $ /usr/gnu/bin/make
    $ /usr/gnu/bin/make tests
    $ pfexec /usr/gnu/bin/make install

Seemed to work ok for me.

Thanks for the hints.

Now my perl compiles well and LMS is up again.

I hoped to solve my Media::Scan issues but it still does not scan symlinks to images files.

Based on the work done by evoz4 I did some files that migh help to install LMS on Solaris.

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...l=1#post700053

Have fun.

I think I found the issue with your symbolic links.
    Try the attached patch file instead of the previous one.

Thanks for the hints.

Now my perl compiles well and LMS is up again.

I hoped to solve my Media::Scan issues but it still does not scan symlinks to images files.
    Attached Files Attached Files