Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    great minds think alike ;-)
    Home: VortexBox 4TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Office: Win7(64) > LMS 7.8 > Squeezelite
    Spares: Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
    Controllers: iPhone4S & iPadAir2 (iPeng8 & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win7(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

I feel so...duh! Thanks very much for your help.

(OK, garym beat me again :-).

Anyway...you can either use the IP address of the machine or the name of the machine. The URL you put into the web browser would look like this for an address:

http://xxx.xxx.x.xx:9000/ where the x's represent the actual IP address of the machine.

The downside of that is that the IP address will change each time you turn the machine on, that is unless you've configured it for a static IP address (dynamic is the default these days).

To avoid this, you can use the machine name instead, like this:
    http://machine_name:9000/

For instance, my server is called Peter, so it type this:
    http://peter:9000

Hope that helps.
    Rich
    ---------
    Setup: 2 SB3s, 4 Booms, 1 Duet, 1 Receiver, 1 Touch, iPeng on iPod Touch, SqueezeCommander, OrangeSqueeze, and SqueezePlayer on Xoom and Galaxy Player 4.2. CentOS 6.3 Server running LogitechMediaServer 7.7.2 and SqueezeSlave.
    Current library stats: 40,810 songs, 3,153 albums, 582 artists.
    http://www.last.fm/user/maggior

No luck. I've confirmed my server's IP address with ipconfig and the Squeezebox Server info page. It works from the local PC but not from the laptop on the network. Same with the computer name, only works local. Should I have mentioned I'm using Squeezebox Server version 7.5.1?

Thanks for all your help, maggior and garym. Also, my apologies to coolflea216 for hijacking his thread.

Are the computers on the same subnet? That is, are the first 3 parts of the laptop's IP address the same as the server's IP address (eg, 192.168.0.xxx)?

Yes, both are 192.168.1.10x. Ipconfig shows the same subnet and default gateway on both machines.

Thanks for your help. I forgot to mention you in my last post, sorry.

pski
    Quote Originally Posted by bertdw View Post
    No luck. I've confirmed my server's IP address with ipconfig and the Squeezebox Server info page. It works from the local PC but not from the laptop on the network. Same with the computer name, only works local. Should I have mentioned I'm using Squeezebox Server version 7.5.1?

Thanks for all your help, maggior and garym. Also, my apologies to coolflea216 for hijacking his thread.
    Settings/advanced/security

Some versions have a problem with the "Block Incoming Connections" so turn it ON and Apply and then turn it OFF and Apply. It won't hurt to make the "Allowed IP Address" 127.0.0.1,192.168.1.*

Restart LMS

?

Paul

Of course, if it were ON, there's your problem.
    Last edited by pski; 2012-01-27 at 15:55.

Thanks, but no luck. I'm back to thinking I need to do something with my firewall settings, but the controller works fine. Block Incoming Connections was set to "Do Not Block," and 192.168.1.108 (I assume that's the controller) was in the Allowed IP Addresses box. I did add the ones you suggested. Maybe this is a Windows 7 problem? WRT54G problem? Both firewalls are on...

Quote Originally Posted by bertdw View Post
    Thanks, but no luck. I'm back to thinking I need to do something with my firewall settings, but the controller works fine. Block Incoming Connections was set to "Do Not Block," and 192.168.1.108 (I assume that's the controller) was in the Allowed IP Addresses box. I did add the ones you suggested. Maybe this is a Windows 7 problem? WRT54G problem? Both firewalls are on...
    Hmmmm its a mystery. I've used both win7 and wrt54g without having to change any settings from default. No special firewall settings, etc.
    Home: VortexBox 4TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Office: Win7(64) > LMS 7.8 > Squeezelite
    Spares: Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
    Controllers: iPhone4S & iPadAir2 (iPeng8 & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win7(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Is port 9000 tcp open in the firewall of the serving pc .

Why blocknstuff at all in the lms settings ?

Try with the firewall off ?

Any other security software....
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (in storage SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html