Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I tried to get it to work in the past using wineskin, but was unsuccessful. Good to know people have succeeded in doing so. I'm using Parallels Desktop for some other WIN-applications too, so that's what I'm using at the moment to run MP3tag.

I just don't understand why there are so many win mp3/flac renamers available and no (good) apps for mac. Every time I asked this question, the answer was "just use iTunes for that, it'll do everything you need to do". No it doesn't...

MP3tag is just so much better.
    Touch, Marantz SR5004, Harman Kardon HKTS11 in living room
    Duet in kitchen and bathroom
    Radio in bedroom and study
    SB Server 7.7.2 running on a Synology DS1812+ NAS
    iPhone running iPeng and iPad running iPengHD

Quote Originally Posted by hvb83 View Post
    I just don't understand why there are so many win mp3/flac renamers available and no (good) apps for mac. Every time I asked this question, the answer was "just use iTunes for that, it'll do everything you need to do". No it doesn't...
    Yeah, sometimes people just need to think different.... :-)

Just a reminder that puddletag can be installed and run natively on a Mac - you'll need to install Qt, Python and Python libraries on which puddletag is dependent.
    SqueezeWand | Vivere DAC MKI | ATC SCA2 | ATC SCM100ASLT

Linux finally gets a great audio tagger: puddletag - now packaged in most Linux distributions.

MrSinatra
    Quote Originally Posted by audiomuze View Post
    Just a reminder that puddletag can be installed and run natively on a Mac - you'll need to install Qt, Python and Python libraries on which puddletag is dependent.
    where are the step by step instructions for that? i didn't see them at your website.

I think what you meant to say was:

Are there any step-by-step instructions to install puddletag on OSX? I'd find that really useful and be most appreciative if there were such a document that you could point me at.

Alternatively, try this:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=puddletag+osx

The first hit seems to give you precisely what you want.

R.
    Last edited by robinbowes; 2012-08-13 at 13:56. Reason: add a further blow of the clue bat
    Net-UDAP is free software - you do not have to pay for it.
    However, if you found it useful, please consider donating:
    https://projects.robinbowes.com/Net-UDAP/trac#Donations

Ah yes, the internet does have a tendency to reduce civility. Thanks much for the reminder!
    2 Duets - 1 for upstairs and 1 for downstairs
    Rock Solid with LMS 7.8.0 and WHS 2011

MrSinatra
    gimmie a break, there was nothing wrong with what i said and i don't need to be schoolmarmed by some old maid with their obnoxious finger wagging. and in fact, i went to his site and looked and didn't see what i was asking for on his site, which i think is worthwhile for him to know in case he wants to consider including it. i also was one of the first early feedback givers to audiomuze resulting in some of the unique features puddletag has today, that mp3tag doesn't.

so here's a clue for you: get your rocks off cajoling someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by audiomuze View Post
    Would it be possible to to publish a bundle created as described here:
    http://sourceforge.net/apps/phpbb/pu...?f=1&t=42#p231

That would make it a lot easier for Mac users who want to give puddletag a try. A lot of Mac users aren't used to install stuff through the command prompt, they generally just want an application bundle they can click on on drag to the "Applications" folder. If I understand the above linked thread correctly it will accomplish exactly that.
    Erland Isaksson (My homepage)
    (Developer of many plugins/applets (both free and commercial).
    If you like to encourage future presence on this forum and/or third party plugin/applet development, consider purchasing some plugins)

Interested in the future of music streaming ? ickStream - A world of music at your fingertips.

Ah, same old lovely MrSinatra - rude, ignorant, and always right!
    Net-UDAP is free software - you do not have to pay for it.
    However, if you found it useful, please consider donating:
    https://projects.robinbowes.com/Net-UDAP/trac#Donations

Hi,
    under windows my first solution was mp3tag, now i am working with Mountain Lion, there is a good alternative solution for mp3 tag:

kid3: http://kid3.sourceforge.net/

I am using for a lot of days...

Jonn