Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Podcasts newbie question

I have the boom. I deleted the old app for Podcasts from the boom. I went to the apps gallery to install the new podcast app. I am using mysqueezebox.com. When I click on the podcasts app all I see is Error: No items found in playlist. What am I doing wrong ?

more information

Quote Originally Posted by Lennyd View Post
    I have the boom. I deleted the old app for Podcasts from the boom. I went to the apps gallery to install the new podcast app. I am using mysqueezebox.com. When I click on the podcasts app all I see is Error: No items found in playlist. What am I doing wrong ?
    Are you connecting directly to MySqueezebox.com or do you have a squeezebox server yourself?

Did you disable the squeezebox server podcast plugin on your squeezebox server (if you have one)?

Did you add any podcasts on your Mysqueezebox.com account?

Johan

I connect only to mysqueezebox.com

Not connected to a server. I didn't add any individual podcasts. I just added the app which reads -Error: No items found in playlist. Are you saying I have to add podcasts to the list manually ? With the old app there were 3 categories listed - something like Top 10 podcasts, Odeo podcasts. etc.

Logitech podcast app you add podcasts manually at mysb.com
    Location 1: VortexBox 4TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Location 2: VBA 3TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Office: Win7(64) > LMS 7.8 > Squeezelite
    Spares: VBA 4TB, SB3, Touch (3), Radio (3), CONTROLLER
    Controllers: iPhone4S & iPad2 (iPeng7 & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win7(64) laptop
    Ripping (FLAC) - dbpoweramp, Tagging - mp3tag, Streaming - Spotify

Adding podcasts to app

So I would look for a podcast that can be downloaded as an MP3 and add that URL to MySQ.com ? Or is this something that can only be done with a streaming podcasts ? Sorry to be asking such newbie questions.

So I would look for a podcast that can be downloaded as an MP3 and add that URL to MySQ.com ? Or is this something that can only be done with a streaming podcasts ? Sorry to be asking such newbie questions.
    Well I don't use the Logitech podcast app too much but I have defined a few things there like this one:

http://api.sr.se/api/rssfeed/rssfeed.aspx?Poddfeed=3795

Which is an rss-feed with links to the actual podcasts. I assume this is a common way of doing it.

for my podcast use, I add RSS of my podcasts to the URL of the Podcast app on myapps within mysqueezebox.com. This way several recent podcasts automatically show up.

For example, Science Friday RSS is:

http://www.sciencefriday.com/audio/scifriaudio.xml

I found this from the science friday or NPR website podcast location
    Location 1: VortexBox 4TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Location 2: VBA 3TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Controllers: iPhone4S & iPad2 (iPeng7 & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win7(64) laptop

RSS feeds

Does every podcast have an RSS feed ? If so how do I find the name of the RSS feed ?

Does every podcast have an RSS feed ? If so how do I find the name of the RSS feed ?
    good question. I doubt it. I mostly just poke around until I find something that works. Most of the time I just google the podcast name along with podcast and RSS (science friday podcast RSS) and get right to a page.

Podcast RSS directory

This site has a bunch of RSS feeds for podcasts -

http://www.allpodcasts.com/