Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

iPhone/iPod App Needs Server Password?

My admin username and password don't cut it; not sure what it needs ? I turned OFF my firewall for trouble shooting with no luck.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by snpower View Post
    My admin username and password don't cut it; not sure what it needs ? I turned OFF my firewall for trouble shooting with no luck.
    You must have password protection turned on in LMS.

I do not see any options for, "password protection" in the LMS dialog boxes; can you specify where it is at? I do, however, have my squeezebox account credentials set successfully.

I do not see any options for, "password protection" in the LMS dialog boxes; can you specify where it is at? I do, however, have my squeezebox account credentials set successfully.
    Settings, advanced tab, security.

Well I found it... was originally looking at LMS preference pane in OSX, not the web server. However, there is no password protection set. I even activated it, then tried logging on and it still would not accept my username and password. Then I turned it back off... same thing.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Can't say I figured it out completely but it's now working.

I have a escalated ticket with Logitech over the issue. After doing some googling I found out that some folks were having the same issue when two devices capable of routing were in their networks. I have a Westell modem and an Airport Extreme. The AE has been buggy since iCloud was rolled out; so I did a hard reset on the AE and Westell, then made Westell the router and turned off routing functions on the AE. After doing this, I disabled all firewall services and wireless network encryption. I reset the SB Duet a couple of times I was able to get in with my iPhone and iPad. After I made sure everything was working I turned on my firewall functions, forwarded the correct ports, and enabled WPA encryption.
    Last edited by snpower; 2012-01-11 at 14:38.

Can't say I figured it out completely but it's now working.

I have a escalated ticket with Logitech over the issue. After doing some googling I found out that some folks were having the same issue when two devices capable of routing were in their networks. I have a Westell modem and an Airport Extreme. The AE has been buggy since iCloud was rolled out; so I did a hard reset on the AE and Westell, then made Westell the router and turned off routing functions on the AE. After doing this, I disabled all firewall services and wireless network encryption. I reset the SB Duet a couple of times I was able to get in with my iPhone and iPad. After I made sure everything was working I turned on my firewall functions, forwarded the correct ports, and enabled WPA encryption.
    Yes, definitely with two or more routers in the same network, you must be sure that DHCP is turned OFF on all but one of the routers. You only want a single router handing out IP addresses. Two routers independently handing out IP addressses could cause real havoc in a network.
    Location 1: VortexBox 4TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Location 2: VBA 3TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Office: Win7(64) > LMS 7.8 > Squeezelite
    Spares: VBA 4TB, SB3, Touch (3), Radio (3), CONTROLLER
    Controllers: iPhone4S & iPad2 (iPeng7 & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win7(64) laptop
    Ripping (FLAC) - dbpoweramp, Tagging - mp3tag, Streaming - Spotify

But surely a strange reaction by the App.
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 7, the Universal App for iOS 7