Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pawal View Post
    I have been using the Radio for well over a year now, being quite stable. But during the last couple of weeks my wifi connection on it has been acting up really weird, as most in this thread has seen. No changes in the network setup at all caused these problems. I changed it to a stable channel (11, instead of "audo") but no change in behavior. Where do I even start to look? Yes, I also reinstalled the firmware.
    Recent smart meter install? Mine was running fine and then I had immediate trouble when the electric company installed those BS "smart meters" that wirelessly transmit data on everyone's power usage. Thankfully, it somehow "fixed" itself after a couple of weeks and the interference went away. Despite the electric company claiming they didn't cause interference, I KNOW that's what it was because everything was fine right up until the day they installed it. My radio would drop for about 15-20 min every morning right at 6am when I get up and want to listen to it. Must have been some sort of "burst communication" back to the mothership or something... I even had a remote controlled ceiling fan that became possessed. It would change speeds, go to full bright, etc all by itself. LOL The day my radio stopped dropping the wi-fi connection, the fan never acted up again...
    Last edited by buffettck; 2012-05-10 at 09:01.

Was there ever a solution to this? My Radio constantly loses connection, turning it on/off it reconnects straight away, my Boom/Controller/Touch never have this problem
    Boom - Controller - Touch - Radio

Quote Originally Posted by dave77 View Post
    Was there ever a solution to this? My Radio constantly loses connection, turning it on/off it reconnects straight away, my Boom/Controller/Touch never have this problem
    With some of the problems I've heard about the SB and connectivity, or lack thereof...consider yourself lucky...

not sure, but I can report that one of my RADIOS (the only one I use with WIFI), can play FLAC files for hours at a time with no rebuffering. It has only about a 70% strength connection but there are no other networks on the same channel (or close channel). Perhaps you have some interfering nearby networks. Have you used something like "inSSIDer" to see nearby networks and the channels they are using. Best to use 1, 6, or 11 (non overlapping channels) if possible.
    Location 1: VortexBox 4TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Location 2: VBA 3TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Office: Win7(64) > LMS 7.8 > Squeezelite
    Spares: several Touch, Radio, SB3
    Controllers: iPhone4S & iPad2 (iPeng7 & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win7(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    not sure, but I can report that one of my RADIOS (the only one I use with WIFI), can play FLAC files for hours at a time with no rebuffering. It has only about a 70% strength connection but there are no other networks on the same channel (or close channel). Perhaps you have some interfering nearby networks. Have you used something like "inSSIDer" to see nearby networks and the channels they are using. Best to use 1, 6, or 11 (non overlapping channels) if possible.
    Yeah, insidder is showing no networks interfering. When connected my Radio is showing 88%, ironically 10% more than Boom/Touch and further away from my router

Yeah, insidder is showing no networks interfering. When connected my Radio is showing 88%, ironically 10% more than Boom/Touch and further away from my router
    Have you tried doing a full factory reset? Are you running the latest firmware? I know I had to fully re-set mine after a firmware update because it wouldn't connect at all. Been fine ever since...

Quote Originally Posted by buffettck View Post
    Have you tried doing a full factory reset? Are you running the latest firmware? I know I had to fully re-set mine after a firmware update because it wouldn't connect at all. Been fine ever since...
    not tried that, i'll give it a go

not tried that, i'll give it a go
    Let us know if it works. It's in the menu under advanced settings.

Well...did it work?
    Last edited by buffettck; 2012-06-14 at 19:16.

I have several Radios and Touch's all working fine with WiFi and Netgear WNDR4500 wireless router,,, until I added a Netgear WN2500RP wireless extender.

For the first time ever on one Radio I set up the wireless connection to the Netgear extender using the WPS button function. It was a bit hit and miss but finally it worked and I then began to see the occasional red wireless symbol (no IP address from router?). The problem seemed to be connected with having a hidden SSID! I reverted to manually entering the wireless settings instead on the Radio and the Radio and has now worked flawlessly ever since even with SSID broadcast disabled.

I also setup a Touch to the extender also using the WPS button but didn't get any issues with that. Funny :-D

ps I didn't find WPS saved much time anyway, since SSID has to be disabled and MAC filtering turned off to get it to work. Might as well just skip that and enter the details manually!!
    Last edited by m4rk; 2012-06-19 at 14:16.
    QNAP NAS TS219P+, Western Digital WD1002FAEX 1 TB, multiple Logitech Touch's and Radios, SqueezePlay on various PC's, DBPowerAmp, MP3Tag, FLAC

Quote Originally Posted by buffettck View Post
    Let us know if it works. It's in the menu under advanced settings.

Well...did it work?
    I don't know about him, but it did work for me ... for about 3 hours. Now the little bastard is back to showing the red antenna icon, and refuses to connect. Even after the full reset it took 3 tries with the same password to connect. I have officially had it. I've tried every suggestion on these forums, yet the piece of junk remains the most worthless, troublesome and buggy piece of electronics I've ever owned. I've enabled SSID broadcast, turned off the n-channel, turned off encryption, and countless other suggestions and while every other wireless device I have on the network (2 laptops, a Chumby, a Touchpad, an iPhone and a Roku) continues to perform perfectly and NEVER lose their connections, my Squeezebox Radio acts like it's allergic to wireless packets. It started out with just the random signal drop, but in the 7 months I've had it, it's gotten progressively worse, now it's at the point of being off the network as much as it is on. I have literally had it sitting 2 inches from the router, yet it doesn't show any signal on the SBR. I have had to enter the password multiple times for the network, and it takes at least 3 tries with the exact same password before it connects (when it does connect). The kicker is that Logitech seems totally oblivious to this issue. Despite multiple threads on this forum and on their main support site, nothing is being done. No updates, no FAQ posts about troubleshooting this issue, or any acknowledgement that there even is an issue.

So here's my fix: tomorrow I'm ordering a Grace Mondo, or a C Crane WiFi radio, or pretty much any wifi radio that gets decent reviews. And I'm contacting my credit card company to see what options I have for getting my money back for this sad sack little POS.