Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    More questions than answers it seems! No matter, good to share, keep the reports coming!

Mine has been rock steady since setting up a home hub 2 as a standalone WAP!
    2 Booms, 1 radio, a touch and an SB3...think that's enough?

Just anoher data piont, mine has never been unstable and as do follow the bete development, I have had all fw there is loaded on my Radio including all betas and none have caused any instability for me.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (in storage SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

This is the first issue I have had with the radio and it is was driving me crazy.

I am just trying to understand why, my question was more to people that have had this issue with the wifi.

When you say channels 1-11 or 1-6-11 do you mean only those channels? Or any between?

Sorry I missed the reboot sequence that was spoken about, can someone please tell me as I also did a factory reset to get back to WPA network - and maybe that is a factor? I would like to return to WPA2 as it is more secure. I know the unit is meant to remember and I have the same passphrase for both WPA and WPA2 but getting the unit to go back to WPA and connect was nearly impossible - ended up doing a factory reset.

My touch was a lot easier, after 1 try it just asked for the code again.

Quote Originally Posted by vdeknock View Post
    When you say channels 1-11 or 1-6-11 do you mean only those channels? Or any between?
    1, 6, 11 ONLY. (if possible) as those are the only channels that don't overlap with other channels.
    Location 1: VortexBox 4TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Location 2: VBA 3TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Office: Win7(64) > LMS 7.8 > Squeezelite
    Spares: VBA 4TB, SB3, Touch (3), Radio (3), CONTROLLER
    Controllers: iPhone4S & iPad2 (iPeng7 & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win7(64) laptop
    Ripping (FLAC) - dbpoweramp, Tagging - mp3tag, Streaming - Spotify

Radio Dropping

I have two squeezebox radios and a duet with controller. In my setup I have the duet receiver and one of the radios connected via ethernet and everything works as expected. I have the duet controller connected via wifi, and that works as expected. However, I cannot get either radio to stay connected via wifi. When I do a factory reset and go through the setup process the radio will connect (as verified on screen of the radio with the white wifi symbol, as well as from the console of my wireless infrastructure), but once I've gone through a few more setup screens the wifi symbol on the screen shows blue and my console shows the radio no longer connected. This happens every single time without fail, and additionally, the radio becomes incredibly slow and takes as much as five seconds to respond to a single click or wheel rotation. I'm pretty sure the issues are related - the radio does not slow down when connected via ethernet. Has anyone else seen this combination of issues?

I'm running:
    -LMS Version: 7.5.4 - r32171
    -Operating system: Synology DiskStation (DSM Package Management)
    -Platform Architecture: X86
    -Radio firmware: 7.5.4 r9408
    -Hardware version: 5

Wireless setup:
    -SSID is broadcast
    -I have tried WPA and WPA2, as well as temporarily turning off all encryption
    -Signal strength is 100% (according to radio diagnostic screen)
    -I have an IP address (according to the radio diagnostic screen), but can't ping it from other devices

Make sure there are no duplicate IP's on your network.

Toby - IP address assignment is handled by DHCP. The DHCP server does not show another device with the same IP address, and when the radio is off I cannot ping that IP address (telling me that nothing else on the network is using that IP, either). The slowdown of the radio tells me it's a problem with the radio itself. I don't know if the slowdown of the radio software/UI is a cause or a symptom of the loss of network connectivity. That's what I'm hoping others will have some input on.

Dunno, slow response and eventual disconnect from network is often a duplicate IP issue. Guess not in your case.
    Sure no other security features are enabled? Limit on number of devices allowed? MAC filtering? Etc..
    Your SSID is a unique name? WiFi devices are not connecting to your neighbors WiFi?

I use WPA2+AES for my WiFi Radio, never disconnects and all control responses are snappy.

Hi Toby - Yes, I double checked to ensure it wasn't a duplicate IP problem. In fact, I even hardcoded a known unique IP on the radio and ran into the same problem. There's no security on the network aside from the encryption on the wireless. Everything else on the network connects just fine. The SSID is unique - in fact I temporarily created a new SSID with no encryption and had the same result. I am wondering if it's a firmware issue. What version of LMS and radio firmware are you running successfully with WPA2? Is there a way to force a particular version on to my radio? Also, is there a way to view some useful debugging information on the radio's screen aside from the diagnostic page? I would ssh into the radio, but once I lose network connectivity, that's not going to work.

Some of us feel your pain squeezemonkey! For me as owner for some 4 years of 4 different SB products this was the most frustrating.

Hard to analyse/prove and made more annoying as people running very similar set ups have no problem.

Mine is working with a second router acting as a WAP just 6 feet away from the first router to which the radio enjoyed a turbulent love hate relationship. My other 4 devices have a love love relationship with this first router!

No rhyme or reason, I agree with you think it is a firmware issue that only causes issues in certain conditions.

Good luck...I think we need it!
    2 Booms, 1 radio, a touch and an SB3...think that's enough?