Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Radio wifi problems-MEGATHREAD!

Apologies for the rather dramatic title...but looking around both here and on the official forum a fair few of us seem to be having problems with the radio and wifi.

It would be useful I think if people could post their problems or indeed lack of problems with the radio and it's wifi.

In brief...

2 booms, 1 touch, 1 SB3 all connect, stay connected, stream individually and in sync without hiccup.

Radio, since a month or so ago, connects and works as it should intermittently. It has good signal, there is no channel interference.

Yesterday I reset my router and all was good, then this morning synced all players for radio first to disappear from LMS but was showing as connected to router but speed was 0 mbps!, Then dropped from router all together, I guess a reset would get it back again.

Conclusion-issue with radio wifi and not my set up, possibly software related?

Will crosspost to Logitech forum to see what that brings.
    2 Booms, 1 radio, a touch and an SB3...think that's enough?

No issues here with my 2 Radios wifi connections. There was a period a few months ago where I was seeing the red wifi icon frequently and had to restart the Radio to get connected, but it was around the same time that I discovered my router's antenna had broken. Since replacing my antenna, I have not had any wifi connection issues with my Radios. Not a one.

Router is Buffalo WHR-HP-G54 running Tomato firmware 1.28.
    Sue
    "If you're happy and you know it turn the volume up and blow it out."

1 Touch | 2 Booms | 2 Radios | 1 Duet | 1 SB2
    HP Proliant N54G | Logitech Media Server 7.8 | iPhone & iPad w/ iPeng
    Find me on Last.FM | Twitter | Rhapsody
    My Journey to Musical Bliss | Squeezebox is Dead. Long Live Squeezebox.

No wifi problems here either with my one Radio. It's connected to an old Netgear WGR614v3 router, which I have re-purposed as an extra access point for my Linksys WRT54GL router (running Tomato 1.25 firmware).

Quote Originally Posted by aubuti View Post
    No wifi problems here either with my one Radio. It's connected to an old Netgear WGR614v3 router, which I have re-purposed as an extra access point for my Linksys WRT54GL router (running Tomato 1.25 firmware).
    I use two radios via wifi with no issues. Obviously, folks can have network issues, and there are many variables. At the moment at least, there seems to be no issues related to the radio itself.
    Location 1: VortexBox 4TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Location 2: VBA 3TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Office: Win7(64) > LMS 7.8 > Squeezelite
    Spares: VBA 4TB, SB3, Touch (3), Radio (3), CONTROLLER
    Controllers: iPhone4S & iPad2 (iPeng7 & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win7(64) laptop
    Ripping (FLAC) - dbpoweramp, Tagging - mp3tag, Streaming - Spotify

Great stuff guys, thanks for your comments, annoyingly mine was fine for a year or so. My problem coincides with getting a touch, surely coincidence?

Ip address conflict on your network?

CW
    Squeezebox: Boom x2 (Kitchen and Office), Radio x2 (Lounge and Bedroom)
    Server: 7.8 for Wandboard Dual
    Plugins: Dynamic Playlists | SQL Playlist | Music Information Screen | TrackStat
    Remote: iPhone5/iPad Air running iPeng
    Music: Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by Chunkywizard View Post
    Ip address conflict on your network?

CW
    I though that but they have different addresses with radio always using 192.168.1.64 and touch using 192.168.1.92.

It is interesting how many people seem to be having problems with radio and wifi.

Just reset router and radio connects no problem, before it would see the router with 80% signal but wouldn't connect at all.

Makes me think there is some bug in how it requests ip or some such?

But ... equally there must be many without any problems? They are, unlike some, probably not going to post saying 'no problems'.

Generally, I find a systematic (but time-consuming) approach to network problems may help - first, switch off any router encryption, then turn off all wifi devices. Now, connect radio to network - run for a reasonable time. If you encounter an issue then you know it's either the radio or the router. If no issues, then start connecting additional devices. And so on.

Good luck.
    Touch - Muse M50 EX TPA3123 T-Amp Mini - Acoustics Q10 speakers
    Logitech Radio
    Logitech UE Smart Radio
    Raspberry Pi + Squeezeplug LMS + Squeezelite - Logitech Mini Boombox speaker (mothballed)
    Cubieboard + Debian 7 + LMS 7.8.1 + Squeezelite - Soundwave SW100 bluetooth speaker - Airplay
    O2 Joggler + SqpOS + Aune X2 T-amp + Mordaunt Short ms-3.40 speakers - Airplay
    IBOX + Debian 7 + LMS 7.8.1 + Squeezelite - Logitech Mini Boombox speaker - Soundwave SW100 bluetooth speaker - AirPlay

Quote Originally Posted by wonder boy View Post
    I though that but they have different addresses with radio always using 192.168.1.64 and touch using 192.168.1.92.
    Are you using DHCP ? If so the address are very spread apart and I would examine the DHCP setrup.

If you are using static addresses (i.e. no DHCP) - I would check the subnet mask, gateway and DNS address setting in the players as these need to be setup manually and perhaps they got corrupted in some way.

Yes. Very odd addresses for dhcp assignment.
    Location 1: VortexBox 4TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Location 2: VBA 3TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Office: Win7(64) > LMS 7.8 > Squeezelite
    Spares: VBA 4TB, SB3, Touch (3), Radio (3), CONTROLLER
    Controllers: iPhone4S & iPad2 (iPeng7 & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win7(64) laptop
    Ripping (FLAC) - dbpoweramp, Tagging - mp3tag, Streaming - Spotify