Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Yes. Connected to mysqueezebox.com. Which is Lms "in the cloud"
    Location 1: VortexBox 4TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Location 2: VBA 3TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Office: Win7(64) > LMS 7.8 > Squeezelite
    Spares: several Touch, Radio, SB3
    Controllers: iPhone4S & iPad2 (iPeng7 & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win7(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

so this is the problem i've to face..

when i shutdown the pc the blue led appears on the receiver and it doesn't connect to mysqueezebox

if i understood right i've to do that with Net::UDAP but changing what?

i suppose i've to change something here right?

but what

i changed server_address:79.125.18.68 and now it works i see it from mysq and from the iphone app too

but with the controller app i can't find the music loaded on my iphone... why?

i only see radio-search-myapps-app gallery-favorites-setting
    Last edited by RyvBoy; 2011-12-29 at 07:12.

I may be misunderstanding what you are trying to do. But for switching between your local LMS and mysqueezebox.com, even though you can do it via Net::UDAP (as you've done), it would seem to me to be a lot easier to do it via the web interfaces for LMS and mysqueezebox.com.

On LMS, from the Home menu (left pane) pick the last option. I forget what it's called, maybe "Extras". Then go to Music Source and pick mysqueezebox.com. To switch the other way, go to mysqueezebox.com, disconnect the player from mysqueezebox.com, and it should revert to LMS, or at least be available to LMS.

The Squeezebox controller app won't find the music on your iPhone because it's not on your network to be served by LMS. For that you may as well use the standard music player built in to the iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by aubuti View Post
    I may be misunderstanding what you are trying to do. But for switching between your local LMS and mysqueezebox.com, even though you can do it via Net::UDAP (as you've done), it would seem to me to be a lot easier to do it via the web interfaces for LMS and mysqueezebox.com.
    Yes, but I believe you have to do it with Net::UDAP once.

After that, you can do it with the Web UI or iPeng, but not with the Logitech iPhone App.
    The Web UI doesn't work on iPhone, at least not in a usable way.
    The Squeezebox controller app won't find the music on your iPhone because it's not on your network to be served by LMS. For that you may as well use the standard music player built in to the iPhone.
    I believe he wants to play the music that is stored on the phone.
    @RyvBoy: that doesn't work.
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 7, the Universal App for iOS 7

Quote Originally Posted by pippin View Post
    Yes, but I believe you have to do it with Net::UDAP once.

After that, you can do it with the Web UI or iPeng, but not with the Logitech iPhone App.
    The Web UI doesn't work on iPhone, at least not in a usable way.
    Interesting, I didn't know you had to do it with Net::UDAP the first time.

Re the web ui on iPhone, I was assuming (perhaps incorrectly) that RyvBoy was using Net::UDAP at a computer, and that the computer would run the web ui. Even for those very comfortable on the command line, that seems a much easier way to change LMS/mysb than Net::UDAP.

pippin understood what I was trying to do (sorry for my english)

Quote Originally Posted by pippin View Post
    I believe he wants to play the music that is stored on the phone.
    @RyvBoy: that doesn't work.
    oh, so only with LMS you can do that?

that's disappointing... there's no way to do that? that's all i've worked for

listen some music without keeping the lms (so the pc) opened

ps. sorry but if you can't play something in remote what has been mysqueezebox created for?
    Last edited by RyvBoy; 2011-12-29 at 09:31.

Quote Originally Posted by RyvBoy View Post
    that's disappointing... there's no way to do that? that's all i've worked for
    No. Even if you would get that to run you would not be happy with it. Power consumption would be pretty high, you need a permanently good WiFi signal which essentially means: no carrying around of the iPhone and it would also need enough CPU/RAM that you won't be able to run anything else at the same time.

And then, even though I know there are a few Apps that do serve up the music from the iPhone as DLNA servers it technically violates Apple's App Store terms.
    listen some music without keeping the lms (so the pc) opened
    You could get a NAS.
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 7, the Universal App for iOS 7

thanks.... so what mysqueezebox does? only control music stored locally?
    Last edited by RyvBoy; 2011-12-29 at 09:57.