Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Connect Squeezebox receiver ?

Hi all... I've a Squeezebox receiver without a squeezebox controller so i used net-udap.

I discovered an iphone application called Squeezebox controller but it finds the controller only if squeezebox server in the pc is open...

is it possible to find it without the squeezebox server opened(so the pc too)?

i read that is possible to connect it to mysqueezebox.com. is it possible? how!?

Thanks!!

(sorry moderators you can delete the post in the other room)

pski
    Quote Originally Posted by RyvBoy View Post
    Hi all... I've a Squeezebox receiver without a squeezebox controller so i used net-udap.

I discovered an iphone application called Squeezebox controller but it finds the controller only if squeezebox server in the pc is open...

is it possible to find it without the squeezebox server opened(so the pc too)?

i read that is possible to connect it to mysqueezebox.com. is it possible? how!?

Thanks!!

(sorry moderators you can delete the post in the other room)
    Go to mysqueezebox.com and set up a free account. Then in the webUI (or the control panel if you are running LMS on Windows) choose the MySqueezbox.com tab and enter the same info you used to set up the account on mysqueezbox.com. (Don't forget to click APPLY)

Restart LMS (??) If the menu of the Squeezbox controller is the same as SqueezePlay, you may have to use Settings/home menu to add "Switch to mysqueezebox.com" to the "home" menu. If you don't see that, look for "music sources."

P

thanks for the answer

what is LMS? Logitech Media Server?

i have just squeezebox server

(the question is: is the receiver able to connect to mysqueezebox.com without squeezebox server opened?)
    Last edited by RyvBoy; 2011-12-28 at 16:06.

what is LMS? Logitech Media Server?
    Yes
    Location 1: VortexBox 4TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Location 2: VBA 3TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Office: Win7(64) > LMS 7.8 > Squeezelite
    Spares: several Touch, Radio, SB3
    Controllers: iPhone4S & iPad2 (iPeng7 & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win7(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Last edited by RyvBoy; 2011-12-28 at 16:20.

Lms is the newer version of SMS
    Location 1: VortexBox 4TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Location 2: VBA 3TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Controllers: iPhone4S & iPad2 (iPeng7 & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win7(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

ok thanks... the question is if the controller has to be connected to LMS to work (and be finded by the iphone app)... (or it can connect by itself to mysqueezebox)
    Last edited by RyvBoy; 2011-12-28 at 17:18.

ok thanks... the question is if the controller has to be connected to LMS to work (and be finded by the iphone app)... (or it can connect by itself to mysqueezebox)
    Sorry. I'm not following your question. Perhaps Restate exactly what you are trying to do

Logitech's free Squeezebox Controller App can not switch players between LMA and MySqueezebox.com, iPeng can. It also can grab a player that got disconnected from the server (e.g. Because the server has shut down) and connect it to another server or MySqueezebox.com

That said: the Receiver needs to be configured for MySB nice using Net::UDAP, I believe or this will be at least unreliable. To successfully connect a device to MySB it needs to be registered there and while iPeng _does_ try to do that it can only do so while LMS is still running and it also seems to be unreliable.

The whole Receiver configuration process seems to be a bit of a hit or miss thing, which is one of the reasons I never tried to implement a full Receiver configuration in iPeng.
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 7, the Universal App for iOS 7

thanks so much but i'm still confused..

i've still to understand one thing.. the receiver can work without LMS? (because not always the pc is running, but the router is)