Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Iņigo View Post
    Sorry, I've been using the new version for some hours since the release and I haven't noticed any differences. Every 10-15 minutes Orange Squeeze complains about connection lost:
    If you could capture a logcat right after this happens and sent it to me at mailto:tbsandee@orangebikelabs.com, that would be great. You can use a free tool like CatLog log viewer, from the Android Market to make this as simple as a few taps.

I suspect that what is happening is that I'm being a bit more strict about reporting this information, and maybe I just need to be a bit more lenient. There may be a short transition state from mobile data, to wifi back to mobile data, etc. that I am detecting. Does the "connection lost" state eventually go away or is it permanent?

Quote Originally Posted by db122 View Post
    If you could capture a logcat right after this happens and sent it to me at mailto:tbsandee@orangebikelabs.com, that would be great. You can use a free tool like CatLog log viewer, from the Android Market to make this as simple as a few taps.

I suspect that what is happening is that I'm being a bit more strict about reporting this information, and maybe I just need to be a bit more lenient. There may be a short transition state from mobile data, to wifi back to mobile data, etc. that I am detecting. Does the "connection lost" state eventually go away or is it permanent?
    I've sent you some logs.
    I suspect that connection is lost when there is a renegotiation. See my email for more info.

Thanks
    Iņigo

Hello

I recently bought an Asus transformer Prime and it auto installed orangesqueeze and squeezecommander, have to say that out of the 2 I much prefer the look and feel of OS on the 10inch screen - obviously I'm aware it isn't a tablet version however it still looks good, especially the now playing screen in portrait orientation.

I'm aware that a tablet version is on your to-do list but unsure of the status of that? However couple of general comments

- Main thing stopping me adopting OS is being unable to support Erlands dynamic playlists and rating via trackstat, this is an important way I listen to music.
    - On the tablet in landscape mode the space to the right of the artwork could be used better
    - Would be great to view larger/grid artwork when viewing artists/albums/new music etc.
    - Squeezeplayer works very well, really like the integration of the two

If you are planning a beta programme for the tablet version then let me know, happy to help test that

thanks
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by socistep View Post
    I'm aware that a tablet version is on your to-do list but unsure of the status of that?
    I don't want to promise what I can't deliver (or don't end up delivering), but let me carefully state that I use Orange Squeeze on a daily basis on my tablet and am well-aware of some areas that need improvement. :-)

- Main thing stopping me adopting OS is being unable to support Erlands dynamic playlists and rating via trackstat, this is an important way I listen to music.
    - On the tablet in landscape mode the space to the right of the artwork could be used better
    - Would be great to view larger/grid artwork when viewing artists/albums/new music etc.
    - Squeezeplayer works very well, really like the integration of the two
    Thanks, I appreciate those suggestions and comments. I'm certainly aware of -- and appreciate -- Erland's plugins. I used them for several years, but in one of the painful upgrade cycles I ended up simplifying my experience. I'll have to check them out again soon.

If you are planning a beta programme for the tablet version then let me know, happy to help test that
    Please send me a PM or an email to tbsandee@orangebikelabs.com if you are interested in being a beta tester.

Thanks!

Any chance of being able to download to my Android device from the server via OS?

Nice app BTW, this is the only functionality I miss that's available in SC.

Quote Originally Posted by yocky View Post
    Same here -- that's why I stick with SC for the most part, even though I like Orange Squeeze quite a lot.

Any chance of being able to download to my Android device from the server via OS?

I've filed an enhancement request for this on the bug tracker at http://www.orangebikelabs.com/trac/orangesqueeze/. It's a slippery slope, where I don't want to start turning the app into a full-fledged media management tool, but I can see the utility of occasionally saying "grab this track or album and make it available to the standard media players on this device."

Quote Originally Posted by db122 View Post
    I've filed an enhancement request for this on the bug tracker at http://www.orangebikelabs.com/trac/orangesqueeze/. It's a slippery slope, where I don't want to start turning the app into a full-fledged media management tool, but I can see the utility of occasionally saying "grab this track or album and make it available to the standard media players on this device."
    Thanks. It's basically the only way I ever put music on my device. It's so quick and easy.

Thanks. It's basically the only way I ever put music on my device. It's so quick and easy.
    I use Google Music (cloud) so it never really occurred to me that it was very useful. But I've set up a lot of things, such as a cloud-friendly folder of music (mp3's from my mostly flac collection) that is many levels of automation... I can see the value anyway. Stay tuned...

Smile 1.1.5 released

So I know it's been a bit quiet, but work does continue....

In the meantime, a very small update to 1.1.5 to fix a few bugs, one particularly annoying on Android 4.x (ICS) devices. It should hit all of the normal markets very shortly. Complete changelog follows:

Changes in 1.1.5
    ----------------
    - Defects fixed:
    - Home button didn't work on Android 4.0 (ICS) devices.
    - Support limited WOL for Android 1.6
    - Fix a few force-closes reported on the market.