Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bluegaspode View Post
    Any chance, to make it at least run on 2.2 ?

You are missing 35% of the Android market otherwise (and me, as my company HTC Desire just runs 2.2) - so I couldn't test integration with SqueezePlayer

http://developer.android.com/resourc...-versions.html
    Yes, there is a good chance and it's #1 on my personal priority list. We're using a very small number of Gingerbread APIs and we can work around them.

I am aware of the market stats and leaving out Froyo or Eclair users was not a goal, it was just a matter of timing with the holidays coming up and my wife having had just about enough of this foolishness.

Hey, if it's available for Kindle Fire you should be able to make 2.1 build, too, shouldn't you?
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 8, the Universal App for iOS 7 and iOS 8

Quote Originally Posted by pippin View Post
    Hey, if it's available for Kindle Fire you should be able to make 2.1 build, too, shouldn't you?
    Actually, the Kindle Fire runs Gingerbread. That rumor that it was based on 2.1 (and would forever destroy the Android community, etc, etc, etc) is still lingering I guess. I guess when the device was first demoed it could have been running 2.1 so maybe that's the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by db122 View Post
    Actually, the Kindle Fire runs Gingerbread.
    Interesting. Good to know.
    and would forever destroy the Android community, etc, etc, etc
    Well, it's not like fragmentation was a new issue and limited to the Kindle Fire. I mean, I bought a phone THIS YEAR which is now 3 software generations behind, can not be officially upgraded and I can't root it unless I'm willing to re-activate my old Windows PC because you can't do it from OSX or Linux. Android is just the same horrible mess it was a year ago, Amazon is not to be blamed.

What it may cause trouble for is Honeycomb I believe because this means soon most tablets will run other Android versions so developers can't really support honeycomb features if they want to be compatible which isn't really helping to sell tablets that are more expensive than an iPad.

So I would really like to see you publishing this App for 2.1, too
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 8, the Universal App for iOS 7 and iOS 8

Quote Originally Posted by pippin View Post

Well, it's not like fragmentation was a new issue and limited to the Kindle Fire.
    Totally true, and actually there are other fragmentation issues with Kindle Fire because it doesn't have any Google APIs like licensing, in-app purchases, etc. These all require the Google-branded Market to function.

But let's be real -- if anyone is trying to kill Android it's Google, the carriers and the handset makers -- not Amazon. :-)

Thanks for everyone's input so far. I've pushed out 1.0.2, which is available now in the Android Market. This addresses all of the bugs that I saw raised and several others we discovered in our own testing.

A quick update on Froyo (Android 2.2 support) -- I actually made the changes necessary but am running into some issues that prevent me from putting my stamp of approval on it. I'll bounce some stuff over on the Developer forum and we'll get that fixed up next week -- I hope!

Have a great weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by flattermann View Post
    It requires Gingerbread (2.3).
    I just did flash to old Windows mobile phones yeterday with Androit 3.31
    One phone is a VPA 3 or Blue Angel and the other is a HTC Kaiser. I got this phones from Ebay for just 15 Euros each.

And they work reasonable for a first test. I will give soon a report about the Quality of remote controls as it is my taste.

Maybee i will suggest Sebastian to transfer his Code from SlimControl to Android to...
    Its the first time now i use something like Android and Hardware is maybee not state of the art but for use as a remote its quite good

Cool! I think the 'bread crumbs' up top areawesome :-)

Question: When i tap an album I get a screen with 'Play All' but no track list under that to use if I want to select a specific song. Should there be?

I'd like to be able to customize, or at least re-order the main menu.

When there is no cover art could you change the 'X' to a music note or something by chance? I've got A LOT of live music with no cover art...

Glad I bought it to help the cause, keep up the great work.

Quote Originally Posted by fphredd View Post
    Cool! I think the 'bread crumbs' up top areawesome :-)

Question: When i tap an album I get a screen with 'Play All' but no track list under that to use if I want to select a specific song. Should there be?

I'd like to be able to customize, or at least re-order the main menu.

When there is no cover art could you change the 'X' to a music note or something by chance? I've got A LOT of live music with no cover art...

Glad I bought it to help the cause, keep up the great work.
    fphredd, thanks for the feedback!

When you tap an album and see the play all menu, you should indeed see the list of tracks for the album. What can you tell me about your album structure? Is there anything unique about it? What version of the Logitech software are you running? What device and OS version do you have?

You should be able to reorder the main menu as you like -- simply drag the icon on the left. More customization options will be on the way soon.

We'll definitely add an option to customize the lack of cover art. The goal of the orange X was to let you know that you're missing art but of course there are situations where that's just the way it needs to be. I've got a few things in the works that might help you out, but the worst case is that you will be able to choose an image from your phone storage.

Keep the feedback coming, we're definitely listening.

Ben

1.0.3 is released which adds support all the way back to Donut (Android 1.6). I've been running it on my G1 running the SuperD ROM and it's not too shabby. Thanks for your patience as we rapid-fire these update releases.