Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

7.7.1 created new share on Readynas Duo

So upon installing the official 7.7.1 release, it seems the server created its own cifs share on my Readynas Duo, named "squeezeboxserver".

I have deleted the share and will see if I run into any issues but what is this and why was it created without my knowledge? The nightly builds didn't seem to have it, I was using rev.33747 and didn't notice it created until I installed the official 7.7.1 release.

Anyone know why, what this is for?

Angry 7.7.1 made my music folder disappear

I use a ReadyNAS Ultra 2 Plus. Under 7.7.0 and previous versions I had a share called Media - Y: - with a folder called Music (Y:\Music) where all my music was stored.

After installing 7.7.1, my folder Music does not appear under Y: anymore. The Y:\Music disappeared if looking for it under Windows 7. BUT, when configuring / installing SBS 7.7.1, the installation process finds the music folder under the share Media, the database is being scanned normally and I can play my music without issues. So where can I find my music files under Windows 7 ??

Quote Originally Posted by tubarao View Post
    After installing 7.7.1, my folder Music does not appear under Y: anymore. The Y:\Music disappeared if looking for it under Windows 7. BUT, when configuring / installing SBS 7.7.1, the installation process finds the music folder under the share Media, the database is being scanned normally and I can play my music without issues. So where can I find my music files under Windows 7 ??
    I think you might have a different issue, like something wrong with the readynas. Whatever the case, I wouldn't think it's related to the squeezebox server. Although the fact that 7.7.1 created a new cifs share on my Readynas, I suppose it's possible that it did possibly corrupt or do something to your existing share...

After installing 7.7.1 on my ReadyNAS Ultra 2 Plus, I do not have this share created. I was upgrading from a previous version though (7.6.1) and didn't uninstall the old version or run the Clean script (there are a couple of reasons, if you really want to know the details).
    Squeezebox devices: Boom, Duet, and Radio
    DLNA devices: Sony Bravia TV, WMP11 on Win7
    LMS 7.7.2 running on a ReadyNAS Ultra 2 Plus

Quote Originally Posted by virgiliomi View Post
    After installing 7.7.1 on my ReadyNAS Ultra 2 Plus, I do not have this share created. I was upgrading from a previous version though (7.6.1) and didn't uninstall the old version or run the Clean script (there are a couple of reasons, if you really want to know the details).
    I have a Duo, I dunno if that makes a difference? I always remove the service completely before installing a new version. I don't think the clean script works with the new versions of this either, maybe something to do with the fact that it's called Logitech Media Server now? I dunno.. whatever, this version is adding a new share on the Readynas Duo everytime it's installed, even the beta of 7.7.2 does it. I removed the share completely and haven't had any issues...

7.7.1 created new share onReadynas Duo

Could you please submit a bug request at http://bugs.slimdevices.com?
    We'll have to investigate this issue. Thanks!

Michael

Am 15.12.2011, 21:34 Uhr, schrieb kllngtme
    <kllngtme.54t0xz1323981363 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com>:

>
    > So upon installing the official 7.7.1 release, it seems the server
    > created its own cifs share on my Readynas Duo, named
    > "squeezeboxserver".
    >
    > I have deleted the share and will see if I run into any issues but what
    > is this and why was it created without my knowledge? The nightly builds
    > didn't seem to have it, I was using rev.33747 and didn't notice it
    > created until I installed the official 7.7.1 release.
    >
    > Anyone know why, what this is for?
    >
    >

--

Michael

tubarao: I had the same issue.
    Try to SSH to your NAS and check the Samba shares settings.
    (/etc/frontview/samba/Shares.conf)

For the me the media share path was changed to /c/squeezeboxserver instead of /c/media

Change it back and restart samba and it should be OK
    Good luck

7.7.1 created new share onReadynas Duo

> tubarao: I had the same issue.
    > Try to SSH to your NAS and check the Samba shares settings.
    > (/etc/frontview/samba/Shares.conf)
    >
    > For the me the media share path was changed to /c/squeezeboxserver
    > instead of /c/media

Unfortunately this file seems to be rebuilt on every reboot. And Netgear
    is applying some broken magic there (/etc/init.d/rc3). Maybe we'll have to
    change our folder location once again in order to work around this
    ReadyNAS bug...

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    Could you please submit a bug request at http://bugs.slimdevices.com?
    We'll have to investigate this issue. Thanks!

Michael
    Bug has been submitted: http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=17820

Quote Originally Posted by kllngtme View Post
    I have a Duo, I dunno if that makes a difference? I always remove the service completely before installing a new version. I don't think the clean script works with the new versions of this either, maybe something to do with the fact that it's called Logitech Media Server now? I dunno.. whatever, this version is adding a new share on the Readynas Duo everytime it's installed, even the beta of 7.7.2 does it. I removed the share completely and haven't had any issues...
    It might make a difference... there are different processors in the Duo (SPARC)and the Ultra series (x86)... but I would think that would only affect the binaries and no other part of the install process.

But also, which Michael seems to have pointed out in his response to bug 17819, it seems to happen after rebooting the ReadyNAS... which I haven't done, and might explain why everything is still normal for me.
    Last edited by virgiliomi; 2011-12-16 at 08:02.
    Squeezebox devices: Boom, Duet, and Radio
    DLNA devices: Sony Bravia TV, WMP11 on Win7
    LMS 7.7.2 running on a ReadyNAS Ultra 2 Plus